Worst movie ever made...

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Bal Lance wrote:The eragon movie. The book was the awesomest thing since canned bottles :D , but the movie was really bad :x :cry:

I was going to post this one, but the movie in and of itself wasn't bad. It just made a mockery of the book.

Even still, I refuse to watch it on principle.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby tinytim on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:39 pm

Alone in the Dark (Tara Reid, Christina Slater)
I drink a pint of whiskey in every movie I see, as a true pirate should, and I stared at the ceiling instead of the screen in Alone in the Dark at some points it seemed more interesting.

Ghost of Mars

Dumber and Dumberer, rented it and turned it off after 20 minutes
tinytim
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Alan Moore

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:31 am

Any hollywood adaption of Alan Moore's Graphic novels but especially the risable: League of Gentlemen...what utter crap.

The Graphic novels are superb by the way.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Jesse

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 am

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter...needs no further comment!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 am

Now come on. Some of you are giving movies that were either deliberately bad, deliberately stupid, or were made amateurishly but somehow made it into cult moviedom.
Can we make some rules here?

Anything by Ed Wood doesn't count.
The movies should have been made seriously, or in an attempt to cash in on the original. ie: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes doesn't count because it was made as a joke, but the remake of The Blob does. Endless Love and Pearl Harbour both count.
'No budget' productions don't count.

Note to Taidje Khan: Howard the Duck (actually called Howard!), while stupid, is a really cool movie, and our beloved Australian prime minister who bears the same name also bears a striking resemblance to him.

Anyhow: The Hollywood remakes of Ring, Ring 2, & Ring 0 totally suck. The original Japanese versions were much better.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Remakes

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Ed Wood

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 am

St John the Blasphemist wrote:Now come on. Some of you are giving movies that were either deliberately bad, deliberately stupid, or were made amateurishly but somehow made it into cult moviedom.
Can we make some rules here?

Anything by Ed Wood doesn't count.
The movies should have been made seriously, or in an attempt to cash in on the original. ie: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes doesn't count because it was made as a joke, but the remake of The Blob does. Endless Love and Pearl Harbour both count.
'No budget' productions don't count.

Note to Taidje Khan: Howard the Duck (actually called Howard!), while stupid, is a really cool movie, and our beloved Australian prime minister who bears the same name also bears a striking resemblance to him.

Anyhow: The Hollywood remakes of Ring, Ring 2, & Ring 0 totally suck. The original Japanese versions were much better.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Remakes

I take on board what you are saying, but I get the impression that Ed Wood was completely ernest in his attempts to make a good horror movie. I don't think he ever realised that his films were so bad...bless him! I also have to point out that you quoted Lair of the White Worm (1988) which I think Ed Wood would (or even Edward Woodward) have been very proud of that film!

If only Ed Wood could have made a film starring Edward Woodward about Wicker Vampires or something!

Totally agree about the pathetic hollywood treatment of The Ring.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Clifford on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:16 am

Dune by David Lynch :)
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Gahvandure on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:12 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:Hands down the worst movie I've ever seen was "It's Pat!" based upon the SNL sketch of same name. Horrible horrible movie.

Horrible, awful movie, and one of the best bands of all time appears in it.

I disagree with the notion that there could ever be one movie that is worse than all others. There are so many truly awful movies, and so many different ways in which a movie could suck...

Also, nothing that's ever been reviewed on MST3K should count (Manos: Hands of Fate...)

One I would nominate is The Final Cut. If I taught a film class, I would require students to watch this terrible movie, and then discuss all the ways in which it is bad (most of them have to do with the story, but some have to do with production, and the acting was miserable as well).

Of course, Charlie's Angels and it's sequel are mind-numbingly awful, and the big-star-shitfest Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was horrible as well.

Doogal should've been great, with all the voice talent, and many of the CGI kids movies these days are wonderful...but it is bland and plodding and awkward, leading to an overall bad experience.

And how about the theme-park looking Batman and Robin, for which producer Joel Schumacher actually apologized?

Gahv
Gahvandure
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Rainswept on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Nobody ever came up with the other movie I wanted to name. My Own Private Idaho.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby The Black Spot on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Oh dear lord - Batman and Robin. I'd tried to purge this appalling heap of cack from my memory... and then Gahvandure has to remind me.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

castaway

Postby black bart on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:02 am

I'm still confused about Ed Wood and Edward Woodward...would that I had never used those two names in conjunction.

"Castaway" with Oliver Reed and Amanda Donohoe.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Clifford on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 am

Die Another Day - Bond to the utermost crappy extremes!
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Re: Alan Moore

Postby Rainswept on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:50 am

black bart wrote:Any hollywood adaption of Alan Moore's Graphic novels but especially the risable: League of Gentlemen...what utter crap.

The Graphic novels are superb by the way.

Get ready to hate on the big daddy of Alan Moore Graphic Novels then... Watchmen cometh.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Watchmen

Postby black bart on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:14 am

I know, I love film so much, but I fear it will be crap...it's got pirates in it as well.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Clifford on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:29 am

Pirates = best film ever! :)
Clifford

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors