Worst movie ever made...

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Worst movie ever made...

Postby lordpunkmonk on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:41 pm

why oh why hasn't anyone mentioned gigli?
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Because most of us aren't sadists.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Valanthe on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 am

Direct to video production: Transmorphers. My boyfriend and I watched only about 15 minutes of it, and we spotted at least 5 other movies that it ripped off.

Disaster Movie lived up to its name, but I have a weird sense of humor, so I kinda liked it.

If there are any Trek (OS) or Boston Legal fans out there, you can torment yourself with White Comanche. Shatner plays twin brothers. Excruciating.

Also, Barbarella. Ms. Fonda doesn't like it if you ask her about that one these days. :)

And, especially if you've read the book, Starship Troopers. There, I said it!
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:10 am

Valanthe wrote:Disaster Movie lived up to its name, but I have a weird sense of humor, so I kinda liked it.

Seriously? Someone actually liked the movie dubbed the worst ever by IMDB.com and managed to score an absolute zero by Rotten Tomatoes?

I don't believe it.

Here are a few reviews:
Anthony Quinn, Independent Movie Critic wrote:I wish to God they would find something else to do.

Matthew Turner, ViewLondon wrote:Disaster Movie is lazily written, insulting rubbish and it's unquestionably one of the worst films of the year. Avoid like your life depended on it.

SunOnline wrote:Personally, The Sneak would like to place Friedberg and Seltzer on a blazing upside-down boat which is about to be hit by a meteorite.
I like that one the most.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby fueledbycoffee on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:21 am

I've never read the book, but the first Starship Troopers wasn't actually that bad. It wasn't great, by any stretch, but it was entertaining, and it had Neil Patrick Harris, which is always a plus. The sequels, on the other hand... :cry:
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Valanthe on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 am

As far as I'm concerned, the sequels to Starship Troopers don't exist. Granted, Troopers wasn't Heinlein's best novel, but I really feel that it was not done justice. The scary thing is how often Paul Verhoeven (I'm not sure I spelled that right) gets his movies listed in the Razzie Movie Guide.

While I'm at it, here's a few more titles for consideration: Freddy got Fingered (the only reason I watched it is 'coz I was in no shape to drive home from a friend's house), Airplane 2, and The Faculty.

I have a question, too. Since Ed Wood is disqualified, what about Roger Corman? As far as I know, he's never made anything above a B movie.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby PinkyPasta on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I don't know if any MST3K selected film can be the worse film ever. Like Creeping Terror or Santa Clause Captures the Martians, they are just too funny.
I think The Devil's Rejects by Rob Zombie was a pile of CRAP.
Also Speed Racer (Had to leave the theatre because I was in danger of poking my eyes out)
And 'O' - the remake of Othello that takes place in highschool. I DID poke my eyes out. And yet the awful memory remains.
:fsm_yarr:
PinkyPasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Valanthe on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am

It would be kinda nice to nominate Attack of the Giant Leeches, but there are a whole horde which have never made it to MST3k, all of which are worthy to be mentioned. Panic Room comes to mind. I started picking that thing apart before it was halfway through. Oh yeah, Wrong Turn. If I can predict the order in which people are going to die without even trying, not to mention key plot points, I don't think it's worth the price of admission. Even if it's free. :)

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Putanesca on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 am

I have a method which I use to screen out movies that are, generally, not worth the time of day.
Firstly I pick up a DVD which has multiple sound tracks and then when I play it I choose a language that I don't understand, I find Hungarian quite a good one.
If, after 10 minutes or so, I am
A) Still watching and
B) Making sense of the film
it usually means that it is worth the effort to restart the film in the original language.
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.
Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Valanthe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 am

Sounds interesting. Where do you find DVDs with Hungarian language tracks, though? All I ever run across is French, Spanish, and occasionally Japanese.

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby vedekcobol on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:39 am

I have one for you all, How about the Godzilla movie made in the US that was one steaming pile of - well you get the idea :D . I had to sit through that 2 times once cause I was courious about the movie, the second time was I wanted to see my brothers reation to the flick, he is by the way a huge Godzilla fan and his reaction was priceless. You know you have a stinker on your hands when you and some of your friends MST3K the film in the theater and no one around you cares.
vedekcobol
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby anickels on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:18 am

Taidje Khan wrote:
Rainswept wrote:Now now, this isn't a list of terrible movies, it's a list of the one (or perhaps 2-3) that you consider to be the absolute cream of the crop worst!

No fair changing the rules just because you're losing. Besides:

Battlefield Earth (2000)

Looks like Lady Victory goes home with me tonight.

Oh, yeah? BloodRayne. Enough said.
anickels
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Valanthe on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:04 am

Yeek. American Godzlla was a steaming pile of ... you get the idea. I actually fell asleep during Bloodrayne. Ooooh, I got another one: Cloverfield!

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby fueledbycoffee on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:49 am

American Godzilla wasn't bad, if you went in like I did, with absolutely no prior experience with Gojira. It was an enjoyable summer experience, nothing special, but far from the worst movie ever. Cloverfield I can't comment on, as I started drinking about fifteen minutes in and was passed out at 25 minutes. All I know was that it bored me enough for me to start drinking mid-movie.

I'm disappointed. I come here for worst movies ever, not mediocre or good movies that people happened not to like. Where's Manos: The Hands of Fate, fer chrissakes?
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby vedekcobol on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:13 am

Valanthe wrote:Yeek. American Godzlla was a steaming pile of ... you get the idea. I actually fell asleep during Bloodrayne. Ooooh, I got another one: Cloverfield!

Speaking about falling asleep, how about Supernova, that put me to sleep. I was snoring in the theater, so I was told by some friends that saw it with me.
vedekcobol
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors