Robert Jordan dies.

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Robert Jordan dies.

Postby Rainswept on Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:53 am

Robert Jordan died yesterday. He's been suffering from amyloidosis for several years. Sad news for fantasy readers.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby anthrobabe on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:47 pm

I missed this until just now.

Thanks for posting the news.

How do I miss these things.

Oh-- 3 jobs.
My mantra
Just save the farkin Gorillas will you! They don't have spell check- but they do need YOU/US...
www.gorillafund.org

I Ned Speil Cheek!!!!!!!!

I'm *not* the lowest rank on this ship. What about the laboratory mice? I tell them something and they jump straight to it. "Yes, Mr. Lister Sir, eek,eek."
anthrobabe
Lord of Linguini

Location: Waiting to move where the Gorillas are, the ones without cell phones and cars!

Postby Rainswept on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:09 pm

The only positive news is that he knew he was likely to die soon, so he left tons of notes and a partially finished final novel so that Wheel of Time can be finished the way he wanted it to end. It was originally going to be at least 2 more books, but when he got sick he decided he better wrap it up in one 1500+ page monster. I don't know how much of it he got finished, but I do know he planned ahead of time in case he died.

Officially, it'll be up to his wife and the head of TOR to decide to finish A Memory of Light but I'd say it's a safe bet they do, considering the amount of time, effort, money and love involved in this series.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors