Where the hell are the CHUD?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Where the hell are the CHUD?

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Dear Science Fiction/Horror Writers, past and present:

Well, where the hell are they? Where are the CHUD? Where are the giant ants, coming out of the sewers of LA? Where are the T-Rexes, eating hapless tourists? Where are the mad computers slaying astronaughts? Hell, sirs and madams, I'd settle for Night of the Lepus, if I had to.

Where are all the insane cyborgs? The crazed super-soldiers gone rogue? How about a big friggin' asteroid, headed for Earth? Nuclear war? You PROMISED all these things, but - like all prophets - it seems you lied.

And that pisses me off.

You see, I've been looking forward to Spiders From Mars, Armageddon, Independence Day, Jurrassic Park...all of these wonderful visions of the future...the monsters, the heros, the utter annihilation of All Life On Earthâ„¢...

So bring them on, you bloated old windbags...I want to see alien bugs with acid blood, and I want to see them NOW. I want doomsday machines, Godzilla, those worm thingies from Tremors...Even the fish beastie from Deep Rising would make my freaking day, though 7 Monkeys would be pretty cool, too.

Get off your ass. Burn this bitch down.

Or kill me.
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: Where the hell are the CHUD?

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:42 pm

The Good Reverend Roger wrote:Dear Science Fiction/Horror Writers, past and present:

Well, where the hell are they? Where are the CHUD? Where are the giant ants, coming out of the sewers of LA? Where are the T-Rexes, eating hapless tourists? Where are the mad computers slaying astronaughts? Hell, sirs and madams, I'd settle for Night of the Lepus, if I had to.

Where are all the insane cyborgs? The crazed super-soldiers gone rogue? How about a big friggin' asteroid, headed for Earth? Nuclear war? You PROMISED all these things, but - like all prophets - it seems you lied.

And that pisses me off.

You see, I've been looking forward to Spiders From Mars, Armageddon, Independence Day, Jurrassic Park...all of these wonderful visions of the future...the monsters, the heros, the utter annihilation of All Life On Earthâ„¢...

So bring them on, you bloated old windbags...I want to see alien bugs with acid blood, and I want to see them NOW. I want doomsday machines, Godzilla, those worm thingies from Tremors...Even the fish beastie from Deep Rising would make my freaking day, though 7 Monkeys would be pretty cool, too.

Or kill me.

Why do you keep asking us to kill you?
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Re: Where the hell are the CHUD?

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:45 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
The Good Reverend Roger wrote:Dear Science Fiction/Horror Writers, past and present:

And that pisses me off.

Or kill me.

Why do you keep asking us to kill you?

Because my wife won't do it. Image

She says it won't mean anything if I don't put the effort out myself.
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors