What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Postby Ravi Oli on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 pm

You must have a gold season pass to the movies Roland! :haha: Watched it couple weeks back but I must have 'rested my eyes' for a bit.
Spartacus [Vengeance] has all the intrigue of Tinker... with plenty of 'naughty jiggly bits' thrown in for good measure. :lech: Tho I bet you knew that, :whistle:
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Ravi, I definitely don't have a cinema pass. The last film I watched there was Star Wars Episode I, and before that...well let's just say that it was a while, lol. I watched the horrors and "Tinker" in the comfort of my own home, and they were borrowed, not bought. Nothing like free films without piracy! :haha:

I've heard of the new Spartacus. :lech:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby bacon on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Don't get me talkin' about Sparatcus! It's my favorite show right now.

I was going to go to the movies the other day, but everything that was in the theaters looked either like the same-old-same-old or it was something that was just going to be really, really bad. Ah well.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby pieces o'nine on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Ali. Image

I'm gonna give 1000 dollars to the man who brings me Howard Cosell's toupee, dead or alive.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Clifford on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Recently watched Repo!The Genetic Opera. Well worth a watch if you prefer a bit of rock in your musical. Also, if you like the Rocky Horror Show you may also like this - although it styles a different sort of (gruesome) humour, it has a similar spirit. The comic style-animations work quite well, although the linking of songs could be improved.

It's also good if you want to see Paris Hilton's face come off.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Clifford wrote:It's also good if you want to see Paris Hilton's face come off.

Now that, I would pay to see. :haha:
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 pm

TwistedSister wrote:
Clifford wrote:It's also good if you want to see Paris Hilton's face come off.

Now that, I would pay to see. :haha:

You don't have to pay for that. Allegedly, it can be downloaded from the internet. Allegedly... :lech: Doesn't she get killed in House of Wax?

I just watched The Mosquito Coast with Helen Mirren, Harrison Ford, and River Phoenix. Not seen it for years, and really enjoyed it. Thanks you, BBC iPlayer.

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Clifford on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 am

I was tempted to go see John Carter and/or the Hunger Games in the cinema, but have been shied off each due to either an apparent lack of brains in the writing or teenage orientation. I'm not sure whether to risk it by going to see them anyway, or not bother at all.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Ravi Oli on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Watched John Carter... somehow It's a little hard to believe the gravitational differences would allow an Earthman to leap tall buildings in a single bound on Mars [Barsoom]. Remember Edgar Rice Burroughs also wrote Tarzan, and there are all those familiar animal sidekick, good / bad 'natives' elements. It's entertaining, plenty of CGI, but not so sure John Carter will spawn a Star Wars-like Barsoom series epic. Appears to be fair bit of press saying Disney 'blew' $250M...
Send lawyers, guns and money...
Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Mars gravity is ~0.38g, which means it's approximately one third that of the earth's. Given that F=G(M1M2)/r^2, you'd get pretty high, but not that high. You couldn't even do that on the moon without some form of powered assistance, let alone on Mars. Not that i've seen the film.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

:furious: Evil double post. Evil. :furious:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 am

Tin Tin the movie...really enjoyed it even though they've given Cap'n Haddock the wrong accent.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Love Exposure

A nearly 4-hour Japanese love story/religious cultism/cheap action/peek-a-panty pervert photography epic, all wrapped up in one of the most refreshingly original takes on Catholic guilt and sin.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby bacon on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Tucker and Dale vs Evil
I've watched it three times now on Netflix. I absolutely LOVE this movie! I'm still laughing at some of the lines!
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 pm

^ :haha:

PKMKII wrote:Love Exposure

A nearly 4-hour Japanese love story/religious cultism/cheap action/peek-a-panty pervert photography epic, all wrapped up in one of the most refreshingly original takes on Catholic guilt and sin.

Sounds perfect! (I mean that seriously) It's meant to be a cult classic, but I never got round to watching it. Hmmm, working towards remedying that.

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors