The Video Games Thread

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Woohoo!

I completed "Spyro the Dragon" 120%! That means I got 100%, opening the bonus level's gate, and then completed the bonus level for 120%!

Now I've started the second game, "Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!" It's a little more frustrating because you can't go into a level, wipe it clean, and move on. You have to backtrack as you gain new abilities. But it's also fun because there's a lot more talking characters and minigames. In Spyro 1 a lot of dragons just say, "Thank you for releasing me!" when you free them and it gets old.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Wolfenstein wrote:I finally got myself Monkey Island 1 & 2 special edition. I feel a little bit like a sucker though because I still got the original release for Amiga but I still need to have it. And besides, my Amiga is buried somewhere in my parents house and digging it up would be a hassle.

I have the first one, and it really does look good tarted up in HD. I'm still waiting for Day of the Tentacle. Come on, Lucasarts! (Sorry, but never played any of the Diablo games)

Congrats, ADoS. It must be such a relief to finally complete it.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Wolfenstein on Sun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm

I want Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis special edition. George Lucas is greedy for money I bet it will be coming son.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 pm

^ That will be another good one. There's money to be made there, and Lucasarts' greed is our benefit. Sort of. I just wish it didn't take so long to bring them out.

I started playing Aion, which is a free-to-play MMO. You can subscribe, which brings benefits such as 6 extra character slots (over the 2 free ones), setting up shops and selling stuff in dedicated markets, and other stuff, but it's free, so i'm not doing that. Several members of my old Star Wars Galaxies guild are playing it, so thought i'd give it a go. It's a fantasy-based game, and the world appears to be interesting so far. I'm really looking forward to being able to craft stuff, and to get involved once again with a guild activity. I'll keep you updated, and post some screenshots eventually.

Oh yeah, and I also bought myself a new graphics card. It appears I had to disable both my AV and Firewall software before it would install the drivers properly. That was annoying, but it worked. It now appears to me that this may have been part of the issue with my old graphics card, meaning that it wasn't actually dying, but whatever. I'm not putting it back in just to find out that it's really broken. I only managed to get a GT 430, which was £40, so it's not top of the line, but it works well enough for what I need it for. For now...

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed May 09, 2012 10:58 am

I got bored with Spyro 2 already. Spyro 1 is an excellent platformer all the way through, with beautiful, sweeping landscapes and wonderful music. Spyro 2 has very little of that, preferring to focus on silly characters, dumb, pointlessly frustrating minigames, and "ambient" music from Stewart Copeland rather than the grand, exciting music he wrote for the first game. I changed my mind about the minigames and characters being fun. They're just annoying. Not to mention some of the characters sound like Spongebob Squarepants (Tom Kenny does numerous voices in the game).
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Wolfenstein on Wed May 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Countdown to Diablo III: 5 days.
Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Wolfenstein on Thu May 10, 2012 6:21 pm

4 days to Diablo III
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Wolfenstein on Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 pm

3 days
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Wolfenstein on Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun May 13, 2012 8:24 am

1.5? :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sun May 13, 2012 8:34 am

I decided to give Spyro 2 another shot, and save all the " :furious: ing pisses me off" challenges for the end, like the first time I played. I suppose it's an alright game.

I had just been craving more Spyro and I eventually gave in.
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Wolfenstein on Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

... 1 ... ... ...
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby PKMKII on Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm

SINGULAR SENSATION!!!!
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Wolfenstein on Tue May 15, 2012 7:51 am

I have it in my hands but the stupid install disc did not work so I have to download the game client.
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

Postby Wolfenstein on Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 am

I am a wizard
Wolfenstein
Stele Second Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors