The Video Games Thread

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 am

I don't have much access to video games. I tend to focus more on computer games, which are just as much fun. I especialy like tycoon style games and RPGs. The more open ended, the better.
"It's like a parfait of fail!" -ubidubikid #1

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:41 pm

ubidubikid #1 wrote:I don't have much access to video games. I tend to focus more on computer games, which are just as much fun. I especialy like tycoon style games and RPGs. The more open ended, the better.

As far as I am aware (but I'm an old geezer - I reckon my son is older than you) we don't discriminate between console games and computer games in this thread. So many of them are multi-platform anyway...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Elvalia on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:55 pm

So... Ultima IV, anyone? Pretty damn open. I can't even remember if the game had a point. I just stole forks and killed people.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
ubidubikid #1 wrote:I don't have much access to video games. I tend to focus more on computer games, which are just as much fun. I especialy like tycoon style games and RPGs. The more open ended, the better.

As far as I am aware (but I'm an old geezer - I reckon my son is older than you) we don't discriminate between console games and computer games in this thread. So many of them are multi-platform anyway...

So... we're not platformist? Good to know. It'd still be nice if I had Wii, those are awesome.

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

ubidubikid #1 wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:

So... we're not platformist? Good to know. It'd still be nice if I had Wii, those are awesome.

Not so much. Crappy games.

Brawl is awesome.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Not so much. Crappy games.

Brawl is awesome.

Yea, I've played Brawl on my friends Wii. I'm terrible at it, but it's so much fun! Especialy when I finnal smash my friends character into oblivion.

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

Postby Elvalia on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Brawl is awesome.

I have to agree. It's really just a system for very casual gamers, with the obvious exceptions of Brawl, Twilight Princess (which is better on GCN anyway, IMO), and a couple of others. If I had to do it over again, I'd have gotten a PS3 before a Wii.
Elvalia

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Elvalia wrote:

Brawl is awesome.

I have to agree. It's really just a system for very casual gamers, with the obvious exceptions of Brawl, Twilight Princess (which is better on GCN anyway, IMO), and a couple of others. If I had to do it over again, I'd have gotten a PS3 before a Wii.

No, I'm a Nintendo junkie through and through.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Elvalia on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:36 pm

And you think I'm not? I got my first non-Nintendo system, a PS2, under a year ago. And I didn't buy it, someone gave it to me. I kind of think that Nintendo owes me better games. Which is why I'd go for the PS3. I'm unhappy with the Wii.

But, come to think of it, I had tonnes of fun with Mario Galaxy, and Super Paper Mario, and other exclusives...
Elvalia

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Elvalia wrote:And you think I'm not? I got my first non-Nintendo system, a PS2, under a year ago. And I didn't buy it, someone gave it to me. I kind of think that Nintendo owes me better games. Which is why I'd go for the PS3. I'm unhappy with the Wii.

But, come to think of it, I had tonnes of fun with Mario Galaxy, and Super Paper Mario, and other exclusives...

Good girl, stay with nintendo. don't let the improved graphics of the other systems tempt you. we're pioneering in the field. Stay with motion detecting remotes and touch screens.

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:45 pm

ubidubikid #1 wrote:
Elvalia wrote:And you think I'm not? I got my first non-Nintendo system, a PS2, under a year ago. And I didn't buy it, someone gave it to me. I kind of think that Nintendo owes me better games. Which is why I'd go for the PS3. I'm unhappy with the Wii.

Good girl, stay with nintendo. don't let the improved graphics of the other systems tempt you. we're pioneering in the field. Stay with motion detecting remotes and touch screens.

TOUCH SCREEN BITCHES!

WOOO
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Elvalia on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Oh, those Sony graphics have tempted me. I've always loved Nintendo, but if they want to keep me, they'd better gimme some bling. It takes more than a motion-sensing gimmick to keep me around. Which is why they need more good titles, and fast.
Elvalia

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Elvalia wrote:Oh, those Sony graphics have tempted me. I've always loved Nintendo, but if they want to keep me, they'd better gimme some bling. It takes more than a motion-sensing gimmick to keep me around. Which is why they need more good titles, and fast.

Call of Duty 4 or 5 or something looks interesting, with the Zapper. I wanna rent it.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Elvalia on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm

COD4. My brother has it. I played it. It was amusing.
Elvalia

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 pm

personaly I'm not realy into shooters and violence and stuff. I'm more into swords and sorcery. (if you're gonna kill em' don't do it with a gun, do it with a great axe and a fire ball)

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors