DIY Amateur Art and Literature Museum

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: DIY Amateur Art and Literature Museum

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri May 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Impressive looking zombie! I like the style.

I used to draw a bit of manga, but, as I said earlier, without the instructions next to me, I fail. It's because I never lay down the groundwork, just go straight for detail.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Sun May 24, 2009 1:25 am

My job is really boring on an ordinary day, and today was ridiculously slow. So, I zoned out and apparently came up with this to pass the time.

The world is gone, a victim not of destruction, but of happiness.
There is only here, there is only a calm bliss. All else has faded away into the great troubled beyond.
The trees, silently slumbering, sway back and forth as the wind whispers through.
The water laps at the shoreline, quietly washing away the footprints I left there, slapping at the rocks in a gentle rhythm.
The sun begins to set.
The sky blazes, while the air grows colder.
Soon the sun is gone, replaced by the moon, so full and beautiful above, reflected as a thousand glowing shards in the water below.
The stars, brighter and more numerous than ever, twinkle like so many iridescent freckles across the face of god.
I go to sleep with a smile, wrapped up in contentment.
I live elsewhere the rest of the year, but this is the place I call home.
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby TwistedSister on Sun May 24, 2009 6:47 am

Very nice. Maybe you should look forward to slow days at work and write some more.

edit: changed it.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Sat May 30, 2009 1:56 am

Hey, an update on what my Principal/English teacher thought of my story. He said that the lowest one could say of it is that it was unique. He also mentioned liking it greatly.

I love you guys.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby bacon on Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 am

@ faithful pirate - please add more to that - i like it

@DTH - * applause *
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby ubidubikid #1 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:09 pm

I tried my hand at some purely digital art. I did this one rather quickly, if I was really foucused I probably would have tweaked it a bit more.
The character is not mine, but belongs to Butch Hartman/Nickelodian/Viacom/Whatever.
Medium: Pixels (Gimp) I took one image from the internet to use for a texture but the rest is completely original, well except the character, see above disclaimer.
"It's like a parfait of fail!" -ubidubikid #1

ubidubikid #1
Chitarra Captain

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:06 pm

I have lots of garbage I can post here! I make sonic art, visual art, literary art, instructional art (inspired by the work of Yoko Ono, but definitely not in her style; I'm really proud of that one but nobody seems to like it but me and Mad Maud, and she might be humoring me), and other types of art. And the best part here, every last bit of it is pure drivel at best! I don't do it to please others, though. I do it for my own amusement, and when I gain fans (of which I have a few), that's just an added bonus. I'll post it a few at a time, just so I don't kill anyone, in no particular order.

Here is my work of instructional art. The artistry of this type of art is not in the finished product, but rather, in the instructions themselves and the process of carrying them out, which may not even actually occur outside your mind. Mine is titled "Cycle Picture", and is subtitled "A work of instructional art, to be followed in reality, in the mind, not at all, or otherwise".

One person or group of persons, hereafter called the Administration, shall begin the Picture by creating a rectangular Array of consecutive
squares of equal size. The Array can be of any dimensions and the squares can be of any size, but the Array must be rectangular and the
squares must be consecutive and of equal size. The Array shall be displayed, in a visible and accessible position, in a prison, in close
proximity to these Instructions, a set of Supplies (consisting of pencils, pens, markers, paints and paintbrushes, stickers and/or anything
else of the Administration's choosing), and a Register consisting of a series of horizontal lines labeled with the coordinates of each square
in the Array (i.e. the upper-leftmost square would be 1x1, the square to the right of it 2x1, the square below that square 2x2, etc.). Each of
these items must also be in visible and accessible positions. Also, multiple Pictures may be created for one set of Instructions
simultaneously, provided each Picture has its own Register and provided each Picture and Register set remains in close proximity and similar
visibility and accessibility to the Instructions and the Supplies.

The Administration shall allow each visitor, inmate, or other such person to sign that person's name on a line on the Register
corresponding to an unclaimed square of that person's choosing. The square the person chose shall then be considered to be claimed by that
person, and under no circumstances shall any other person or group make any changes to that square. Also, a person may not claim more than one
square in the Picture. The person must then use the Supplies to make a picture in the square that person claimed. The picture can depict
whatever the person wishes or nothing at all. The person making a picture in a square is allowed no more than one hour from the moment of
signing the Register to complete that person's picture. Members of the Administration are eligible to complete the steps detailed in this
paragraph.

After a person signs that person's name on the Register, thus claiming a square, and one hour has passed since the aforementioned signing,
no changes may be made to the picture contained in that square except after at least one major change or event has occurred in that person's
life and that person returns, asks the Administration for permission to change that person's picture, and is subsequently granted such
permission. Whether a given change or event is considered "major" is to be decided on a case-by-case basis by the Administration, although the
Administration may take arguments by those outside the Administration into account if the Administration so chooses. It does not matter if
there was more than one major event or change that occurred in the person's life since the last change in the person's picture; if the person
did not return after each major change or event to change the person's picture, that is that person's problem and the picture may still only
be changed once until another major event or change occurs in the person's life. The person is allowed no more than one hour to make the
change, beginning at the time when the Administration grants the permission detailed earlier in this paragraph.

The Administration may add and/or remove members from the Administration and/or hand over the title of Administration entirely to another
person or group, through whatever procedures are deemed appropriate by the Administration, government(s) under which the Administration
operates, etc. (For instance, the members of the Administration may hold a vote to determine whether a prospective or current member of the
Administration should be a member of such, or the government(s) under which the administration operates may apply relevant inheritance laws in
the event that the members of the Administration who operate under that/those government(s) should die.)

The Picture is complete when every square is claimed and every person who claimed a square in the Picture is dead. In the event that a
person fails to follow the instructions in the second and third paragraphs of the Instructions by changing that person's own square without
permission from the Administration, changing another person's square, creating a picture in a square before or without signing the Register,
etc., the Picture may or may not be deemed to be ruined by the Administration according to the Administration's choosing, and if the picture
is deemed to be ruined by the Administration, the Administration may or may not destroy the Picture and/or otherwise remove it from display
according to the Administration's choosing. The Administration may also move the picture from one location to another and/or temporarily
remove the Picture from display should the Administration deem it to be necessary due to extenuating circumstances, provided that the
Supplies, the Register, and the Instructions remain in close proximity and similar visibility and accessibility to the Picture. Once the
Picture is complete, however, the Administration may separate the Supplies and/or the Instructions from the Picture and the Register, although
the latter two must remain together. Separate Administrations may or may not be created to administer the Supplies, the Instructions, and/or
each group consisting of a Picture and its Register, through similar methods to those described in the fourth paragraph of the Instructions.

Applicable laws apply to all actions taken in the process of following these instructions, and the author of these instructions takes no
responsibility for any actions taken by anyone other than the author, regardless of whether these actions are related to these Instructions.

Here's the cover to the album I'll release (most likely for free, online) when I have enough sonic feces to fill a CD. I wish I had made it bigger and in higher resolution, but it's too late now.

That's enough torture for one post, as your heads are probably spinning just from reading "Cycle Picture". :facewall: :facewall: :facewall:
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Huh?
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:28 pm

ubidubikid #1 wrote:The character is not mine, but belongs to Butch Hartman/Nickelodian/Viacom/Whatever.

Butch Hartman ftw! Though personally I prefer Genndy Tartakovsky.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 am

Good news everyone! I'm converting the story I wrote about Cap's zombie story into a screenplay for my Film assignment this term!

(I got an A+ for that story, by the way!)

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:29 am

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:Good news everyone! I'm converting the story I wrote about Cap's zombie story into a screenplay for my Film assignment this term!

(I got an A+ for that story, by the way!)

Where is that story?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby daftbeaker on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:34 am

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10982&start=60#p412887.

It's really quite good, even if it does miss out Ken's stalking.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:27 am

If I get the chance I'll work Ken into my screenplay! That would be fun!

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby black bart on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:35 am

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:If I get the chance I'll work Ken into my screenplay! That would be fun!

How come I missed that Zombie story, it's brilliant. Of course you learned everything from the 'Long Winded Tales'...remember us when you go to pick up your Booker prize in a few years time.

In fact is there any chance you could enter one of my 'Long Winded Tales' as a school essay. That way, depending on what marks you get, I'll know if I've improved since I left school.

I used to get rubbish marks for my essays...I know it's hard to believe.

One of them was a thinly disguised version of Bram Stoker's Dracula and instead of being 500 words it was about 3,000! I think the teacher noticed and I got a D.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:50 am

black bart wrote:
Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:If I get the chance I'll work Ken into my screenplay! That would be fun!

How come I missed that Zombie story, it's brilliant. Of course you learned everything from the 'Long Winded Tales'...remember us when you go to pick up your Booker prize in a few years time.

In fact is there any chance you could enter one of my 'Long Winded Tales' as a school essay. That way, depending on what marks you get, I'll know if I've improved since I left school.

I used to get rubbish marks for my essays...I know it's hard to believe.

One of them was a thinly disguised version of Bram Stoker's Dracula and instead of being 500 words it was about 3,000! I think the teacher noticed and I got a D.
Well, every few weeks we do a thing where we write whatever we like and the principal marks it. I'll slip in one of yours, eh?

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors