Watcha listenin' to?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Watcha listenin' to?

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 pm

White Limo - Foo Fighters. I have no idea what this song is about, and frankly I'm not sure I really care. Mr. Grohl seems to be quite upset about something or other, and is expressing this through the medium of screaming. I like the song, and the video has Lemmy in it.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Rainswept on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Axis of Awesome (Listen for the Tim Minchin reference in there)
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby muunleit on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 am

Rainswept wrote:Axis of Awesome (Listen for the Tim Minchin reference in there)

I like Axis of Awesome :fsm_rock:

Do you know Walk off the Earth? A video of them was around social networks a lot in the last days.
=> Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye - Cover)
muunleit
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 am

I am listening to The Horrors 'Skying'.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:51 am

I am giving The Wild Beasts a listen...an album called: Smother.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Arkaeon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I've been viewing the series "How the Universe Works" from the Discovery Channel, a basic primer in cosmology and astrophysics. Then I stumbled across this gem on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cBsnopTVmo

Do view it full-screen to avoid distraction, please. It's a perfect example of human consciousness and artistry as an intermediary amidst the vivacious freedom of life and the evolving eternity of the cosmos. This is multi-scalar truth incarnate. It's all about the many kinds and levels of love. Cheers.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai
Arkaeon
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I've been listening to Kiss - Asylum. Great album from a great band!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roland Deschain on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Not quite a double post, but meh...

Today has been the turn of Demis Roussos to be in favour. One of his most famous songs from 1973. Great voice, great song. And another for you.

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:34 am

Etta James, with sadness.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby Rainswept on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 pm

muunleit wrote:
Rainswept wrote:Axis of Awesome (Listen for the Tim Minchin reference in there)

I like Axis of Awesome :fsm_rock:

Do you know Walk off the Earth? A video of them was around social networks a lot in the last days.
=> Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye - Cover)

I like it.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept

Postby black bart on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 am

Still listening to 'Smother' by.. 'The Wild Beasts' (they're anything but wild in my opinion).

Amazing lyrics.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Rainswept on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 pm

I try not to spend too much time listening to A Perfect Circle, because if not that's about all I'll listen to.

A Stranger (Acoustic)
Rainswept

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 am

Rainswept wrote:I try not to spend too much time listening to A Perfect Circle, because if not that's about all I'll listen to.

A Stranger (Acoustic)

That's beautiful. I've never heard it acoustic before. Do you also listen to Puscifer and Tool? I'm a bit of a Tool freak, myself. Anything James Maynard Keenan touches turns to clouds in sunlight (ethereal and beautiful).

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 am

Ethereal and beautiful...listen to him...you should write us a Long Winded Tale whilst your in the creative mood. :haha:
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Been listening to the latest Justice album, "Audio, Video, Disco." It's distinctly different from the dark, industrial-tinged house music of the first album. It sounds like a cross between 70's prog rock and 16-bit RPG video game music. The opening to the first track sounds like it would have fit perfectly as the beginning to a 20-minute, multi-part Rush concept song.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors