PREVIOUS television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: PREVIOUS television

Postby gronank on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Of the star treks, I think I enjoyed ds9 the most. But then again, I do like my starship captains with extra cynical on top.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby Rainswept on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 pm

gronank wrote:Of the star treks, I think I enjoyed ds9 the most. But then again, I do like my starship captains with extra cynical on top.

No more talking for you... ever.

Firefly at number 11? List loses all credibility, no longer worth reading. No Buck Rodgers, no Aeon Flux, Incredible Hulk... I think they nixed all the cartoons.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby PKMKII on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Rainswept wrote:No Buck Rodgers, no Aeon Flux, Incredible Hulk... I think they nixed all the cartoons.

Well there were several anime titles but you're right, no western cartoons.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors