CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am

And it's even worse down south. My great grandfather is from Texas, and he's always talking about how quickly people up here in the north talk.
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby Rainswept on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Doctor Who does not travel through time in a police box, or a telephone box. It is called a TARDIS. It only looks like a police box.

There's no one quite like Zankou. Only he would assume we all believed it was an actual police box, not just something that looked like one, and then go beyond that by emphatically correcting us (using both italics and caps) to ensure that the people who think normal police boxes travel in time fully understand the nuances of the fictional environment we'd already spent a page or two talking about.

Keep on keepin' on, Zanny ! :welcome:
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Capellini on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Oh JOY, the first episode of season 3 of the Tudors is available early on line!!!! I need my Tudors fix badly, and now I can get it!!!!!!!!!!! :drinking:
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby PantyGnawer on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Capellini wrote:Oh JOY, the first episode of season 3 of the Tudors is available early on line!!!! I need my Tudors fix badly, and now I can get it!!!!!!!!!!! :drinking:

Just curious, but where is it available?
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Capellini on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:18 pm

I originally saw it posted on imdb.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Rainswept on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:54 pm

It keeps popping up on my Netflix list that you can watch instantly online. I'm not into it myself.
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.
Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Rainswept wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:Doctor Who does not travel through time in a police box, or a telephone box. It is called a TARDIS. It only looks like a police box.

There's no one quite like Zankou. Only he would assume we all believed it was an actual police box, not just something that looked like one, and then go beyond that by emphatically correcting us (using both italics and caps) to ensure that the people who think normal police boxes travel in time fully understand the nuances of the fictional environment we'd already spent a page or two talking about.

Keep on keepin' on, Zanny ! :welcome:

:haha:
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 am

To be fair to Zank, TARDIS is capitalized because it's an acronym. I think. I've never actually seen the show, so I could be wrong. It has happened once before, but only once.
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 am

FaithfulPirate42 wrote:To be fair to Zank, TARDIS is capitalized because it's an acronym. I think. I've never actually seen the show, so I could be wrong. It has happened once before, but only once.

This is true, and i was going to point it out, but, w/e.

Note: I have never seen the show, either.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby PKMKII on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 am

Capellini wrote:Oh JOY, the first episode of season 3 of the Tudors is available early on line!!!! I need my Tudors fix badly, and now I can get it!!!!!!!!!!! :drinking:

Is that because you're a fan of 16th century English monarchy? Or because you're a fan of seeing Johnathan Rhys Meyers' butt? :lech:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Capellini on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 am

PKMKII wrote:

Is that because you're a fan of 16th century English monarchy? Or because you're a fan of seeing Johnathan Rhys Meyers' butt? :lech:

c) all of the above. But don't ask me which I love more, Tudor England or Jonathan Rhys Meyers's naked butt, because I'm not sure I could choose.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby thelastpirate on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Note: I have never seen the show, either.

FAIL
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 pm

I know... :(
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:12 am

You've just got to feel sorry for those that haven't experienced the majesty that is Doctor Who.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby black bart on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 am

I think Zankou could BE Doctor Who...a simple test, are you afraid of this?

The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors