CURRENT Television

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: CURRENT Television

Postby bacon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:49 am

Is anyone a fan of The Walking Dead?
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby muunleit on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

bacon wrote:Is anyone a fan of The Walking Dead?

I've read all the comics, but the series isn't shown here on tv yet, afaik. I guess I should get my age confirmed to lovefilm.com and get it there.
muunleit
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby TwistedSister on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:17 pm

You betcha!!!!!! I couldn't wait for the series to start again. LOVE IT! (Mr.Twisty won't watch it though- He's a scardy cat.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby bacon on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:33 pm

TwistedSister wrote:

You betcha!!!!!! I couldn't wait for the series to start again. LOVE IT! (Mr.Twisty won't watch it though- He's a scardy cat.

I love it too! But I'm so mad that they aren't showing new episodes until February! And there were hardly any zombies (apart from the high school that is).
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon

Postby TwistedSister on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

I know what you mean. I wonder why they keep delaying new episodes?? Oh well, something to look forward to.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby bacon on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am

But there's nothing to watch on Sunday evenings anymore! :cry:
Get your bake on. Image

bacon

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:11 am

Cut from last night's Jonathan Ross show on ITV:

Tim Minchin singing Woody Allen Jesus.

Censorship, I tell you!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:54 pm

The Monkey Doctor Who was really good. Admittedly it had Alexander Armstrong as a WWII RAF pilot which had me and my brother rehashing the sketches but after a rather soppy, Richard Curtis-esque start it was a really good story and I felt quite sad at the end. Probably the first christmas film/special to do that since I was 9 and rewatched The Snowman.

The plot twist was painfully obvious afterwards but I didn't see it coming at the time which is what counts. Pieces, go and watch it, you won't be disappointed. There's no multicoloured Daleks for a start :haha:

Edit - Not sure about the casting though, Armstrong I could deal with because he was only present at the start and end but Claire Skinner was a bit too close to her Outnumbered personality to take seriously. It was only in the last scene I genuinely connected with her character.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Cut from last night's Jonathan Ross show on ITV:

Tim Minchin singing Woody Allen Jesus.

Censorship, I tell you!

In other evidence of the BBC war on Monkey, the Michael McIntyre roadshow rendition of Fairytale of New York changed 'merry christmas your arse, I pray god it's our last' to 'merry christmas your boss, I pray god it's our last'.

They did see fit to broadcast 'you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot' though :confused:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:23 am

daftbeaker wrote:The plot twist was painfully obvious afterwards but I didn't see it coming at the time which is what counts. Pieces, go and watch it, you won't be disappointed. There's no multicoloured Daleks for a start :haha:

Lily: It looks like fairyland.
Dr 11: Grow up, Lily! Fairyland looks *completely* different.

:grin:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:30 am

daftbeaker wrote:The Monkey Doctor Who was really good. Admittedly it had Alexander Armstrong as a WWII RAF pilot which had me and my brother rehashing the sketches but after a rather soppy, Richard Curtis-esque start it was a really good story and I felt quite sad at the end. Probably the first christmas film/special to do that since I was 9 and rewatched The Snowman.

The plot twist was painfully obvious afterwards but I didn't see it coming at the time which is what counts. Pieces, go and watch it, you won't be disappointed. There's no multicoloured Daleks for a start :haha:

Edit - Not sure about the casting though, Armstrong I could deal with because he was only present at the start and end but Claire Skinner was a bit too close to her Outnumbered personality to take seriously. It was only in the last scene I genuinely connected with her character.

It had Bill Bailey in it...for me that was the best bit.

Unfortunately I am at home with Ma and Pa for Monkey and they have the most comfortable chair in the world with a mechanised foot rest/recline system. I cannot stay awake in it so I've dozed through almost everything on TV.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 pm

black bart wrote:Unfortunately I am at home with Ma and Pa for Monkey and they have the most comfortable chair in the world with a mechanised foot rest/recline system. I cannot stay awake in it so I've dozed through almost everything on TV.

If you're going to refer to their recliner as the 'Comfy Chair', then you should refer to that part as the 'Spanyerds Boot'.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:05 am

Sherlock on BBC...fantastic. Episode one was 'A Scandal in Belgravia'. It had a naked lady in it who gave Sherlock a right thrashing!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:46 pm

black bart wrote:Sherlock on BBC...fantastic. Episode one was 'A Scandal in Belgravia'. It had a naked lady in it who gave Sherlock a right thrashing!
Just watching the Hound of the Baskervilles episode. I am starting to 'get' this new approach to Holmes. The original Holmes' schtick was that he knew all the train timetables, which was how he could explain how criminals could get from one place to another in just the nick of time; this new Holmes has all sorts of knowledge about mobile phones, computer networks, and information systems, but he also knows all the train timetables. Also, he is addicted to cigarettes instead of cocaine. Brilliant.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby gronank on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Isn't Holmes supposed to be an opium addict? It might be a bit much to have a heroinist protagonist though.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

PreviousNext

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors