What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:18 am

In a most unusual turn of events, at the moment I'm actually not eating anything.

I did have some spaghetti earlier, though.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 am

I am eating cetirizine hydrochloride. Just 10mg of it, though. Don't want to get fat, do I?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:22 pm

OK, technically I'm not eating this stuff right now, but I'll be eating it and lots more over the next couple of months. This year's garden has been the most wildly successful I've ever had. Here's last Saturday's haul:

This is just the hot peppers from last Saturday :fsm_drool:

Here's today's harvest - keep in mind that I harvest stuff pretty much every day, just more thoroughly on weekends

This is what the garden looks like - try to ignore the rows of weeds. The Brussels sprouts, pole beans, beets and carrots have not yet been sampled, but are all looking good.

There are also a couple of hills of winter squash that don't show in the photos. Noms.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby bonsaiherb on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:30 pm

WOW, I am so impressed! No deer, no varmits? If so the gopher will come and visit soon.

Your address is where?

Nice pictures. The peppers were awesome, so I gather you are in one of the Southern States. Image

will try again! Image

I am eating that which feeds on my garden. YUM, are they ever good.
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:47 pm

bonsaiherb wrote:WOW, I am so impressed! No deer, no varmits? If so the gopher will come and visit soon.

Your address is where?

Nice pictures. The peppers were awesome, so I gather you are in one of the Southern States.

Nope, I'm in Maine. The peppers are surprisingly hot, considering the local climate - the serranos are actually the mildest, followed by the jalapenos and then of course the habaneros, which are right up there this year (last year's were fairly wimpy).

The only varmint-type losses I've seen this year are two minor damages to lettuce plants (probably caused by a wayward neighborhood cat passing through), and very minor Japanese Beetle damage to the pole beans. No groundhogs, no rabbits, no deer, no mooses (at least not this year). There's a touch of blight on some of the tomatoes, but I think I've only lost about six or eight fruits out of what must be close to 100.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm eating something called Fuffle (google it). It's somewhere between fudge and truffle. Odd texture, but bloomin' tasty.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby daftbeaker on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:51 pm

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Olives, pistachios and pickled chillies. That is all.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm

I think more of us should be aware as to animals are treated, before being marketed as farm fresh, safe and all that.

I found this video to be very interesting ... stick with it until the end and watch the faces of the audience.
http://www.upworthy.com/no-one-applauds-this-woman-because-theyre-too-creeped-out-at-themselves-to-put-their-hands-together?c=reccon1 No idea if this url embedding works so I will copy the original for you to paste to your browser.

http://www.upworthy.com/no-one-applauds ... ?c=reccon1
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Previous

Return to Food