What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby Arkaeon on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 am

Just finished my breakfast of bacon, egg, and grapefruit. I'm back on spring training/diet, having a lot of insulation on me from the winter that needs to trim down so I can be active for the warm seasons.

Big forest walk today to open the woods for springtime... yah, I'm basically 2 weeks late with that. The bloody great universe can deal with it.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai
Arkaeon
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby ChowMein on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:43 am

I miss the forest , the mountains , the ocean .

Arkaeon , I was wondering how you pronounce your username .

Is it Arr - Kay- on ?

Ar-ka-e-on ?
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm sure the universe will be able to cope with you being 2 weeks late. It appears to be a patient type of fellow. :haha:

Loving the breakfast.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

For lunch, I had a crispy chicken club sandwich (extra lettuce) with two small Diet Cokes, one before and one after my sandwich.

After the first Diet Coke and the sandwich, I felt full. After the second drink, I was stuffed.

This is good. It means my stomach is shrinking. My diet is going well. In days gone by, I would eat that sandwich, plus a large fries, two large drinks and a sundae, and still be hungry.

I ate slowly and really enjoyed my disgusting sandwich, and I stayed within my calorie range for the day.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 am

Still have spaghetti , at least 2 more days of it .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Bread and butter.

I had an awesome lamb madras at Mother India for lunch on Saturday :love: The bit of Sauchiehall Street by the Kelvingrove Gallery has loads of curry places, I think I passed five in about 300 yards :love:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roland Deschain on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm

That part of Sauchiehall street is nice.

Well done, ADoS. Keep up the good work! :zen:

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby ChowMein on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Spaghetti *sigh* for brunch . I was looking forward to more for dinner . But then
Bro and his wife stopped by , I offered them chicken embryo salad sammiches with pasta soup .
Pasta soup was the now overcooked mass in the pot along wirh 2 cans condensed tomato soup 1 and half can water and 1 can milk , pepper and basil .

Almost finished .
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 am

daftbeaker wrote:Bread and butter.

I had an awesome lamb madras at Mother India for lunch on Saturday :love: The bit of Sauchiehall Street by the Kelvingrove Gallery has loads of curry places, I think I passed five in about 300 yards :love:
so you made it to civilisation? Where's the phone call? Where's the invitation for a pint?
:moon:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:Bread and butter.

so you made it to civilisation? Where's the phone call? Where's the invitation for a pint?
:moon:

In the whole four hours I was let out unsupervised I had to walk from Buchanan Street to the Kelvingrove, eat curry, walk back down Sauchiehall to find a decent pub, fit in half a dozen pints of heavy and then walk back up Sauchiehall to Byers Road for dinner :moon: That's the problem with family things, they get in the way of the important stuff :haha:

Mind you, we probably could have met up afterwards when I spent about three hours wandering round at 2am having gotten slightly lost :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:09 am

2am Sunday, I was in bed 30 miles away with a small black-and-white dog snoring in my ear. I was supposed to be gigging Saturday in Lochwinnoch, but the singer caught the lurgi, and I ended up having a cocktail, maybe two, and engaging in some 'experimental' cooking with raw turmeric. The kitchen is yellow, my hands are yellow, the blender is yellow, the cooker is yellow...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am

Roy Hunter wrote:2am Sunday, I was in bed 30 miles away with a small black-and-white dog snoring in my ear. I was supposed to be gigging Saturday in Lochwinnoch, but the singer caught the lurgi, and I ended up having a cocktail, maybe two, and engaging in some 'experimental' cooking with raw turmeric. The kitchen is yellow, my hands are yellow, the blender is yellow, the cooker is yellow...

Do you mean THIS? :haha:

Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 am

Roland Deschain wrote:Do you mean THIS? :haha:
GAH! Coldplay? You :furious: er!
(The Boy has been on a Coldplay binge ever since he took up with his Wench. I am going bananas here. I have bigger and better speakers than him, The Beatles entire back catalogue, weeks of Grateful Dead bootlegs, and more metal than you can shake a stick at; but apparently having a stereo war with your teenage son might be misconstrued as being immature in some way...)
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 am

That Gino di Campo isn't just a daft Italian with a pretty face...his stuffed chicken breast with Gorgonzola, Cranberry sauce and Pancetta (or what ever that Italian bacon is called) is to die for porfavori!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Blue plate day at Yo! Sushi so everything's dirt cheap. Eaten myself to a standstill on sashimi and sushi.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

PreviousNext

Return to Food