Beer

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Beer

Postby black bart on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 am

Adnam's Broadside...luverleeeee!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 pm

So Coors Light has introduced a new style, that has the "flavor" of iced tea and lemon in it. Now, setting aside the fact that it inevitably tastes disgusting, there's a problem with the name. Coors Light Iced T. Think about.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby black bart on Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 am

^Poor Americans :cry: ...when it comes to beer that is.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 am

Tell you what, Bart: when I win the lottery we'll buy a tankerload of Real Ale and go over there to convert them - Poor, benighted souls.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby black bart on Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 am

They'll need to cut down on the burgers though...you can't have a beer belly and a burger belly...can you?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Mon May 14, 2012 2:54 pm

So when I was out eating and drinking with my uncle this past weekend, I tried, for the first time, 3 Monts, and I'm quite fond of it.

It's a Biere De Garde style ale. Like a Saison, but with more kick. Very malty, but the hops still shine through. A bit of an oddity, in that it's a French ale.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby daftbeaker on Wed May 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Bombardier ale. Very tasty and currently in Tesco for 2 quid a litre :love:

Having said that, the new adverts are probably the only thing I've seen Rik Mayall in that I haven't found brilliant. Still, it doesn't affect the beer :idiot:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby PKMKII on Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

International Arms Race: Maryland vs. Scotland

The International Arms Race is a new type of collaboration - a battle collaboration! The brewing team from both Flying Dog and BrewDog set the parameters for the beer and then both brewers have to see who can make the best beer within these parameters. We have decided the ingredients and launch date and the war games have now begun!...

Both beers will be dubbed 'Zero IBU IPA' and the challenge is to brew an IPA style beer using no hops! The hops will be replaced with berries, herbs and roots. With hops completely banned from the International Arms Race the results are certainly going to be interesting.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 am

The Virginia Beer Haul

Top row, left to right:
Hardywood Grand Cru aged in bourbon barrels
Hardywood Mocha Porter
Another bottle of the Grand cru
Blue Mountain Brewery Rockfish Wheat hefeweizen
Heavy Seas/Devil's Backbone Land Ho! black pilsner
BMB Dark Hollow, an imperial stout aged in Maker's Mark bourbon barrels
BMB Evil 8º, a belgian dubbel

Bottom row, left to right:
Bluegrass Brewing Company Bourbon Stout, aged in, well you take a guess
Port City Tartan Ale, a Scottish ale
Starr Hill Amber Ale
Devil's Backbone Belgian Congo Pale Ale

PKMKII

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:28 pm

That's an impressive list of beers you have there. Unfortunately, Imgur is overloaded, so a viewing will have to wait. :shrug:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 am

PK wrote:

You just made that one up.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DavidH on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 am

Pyrit Cap'n Grunter's Peg-Leg Gutwrencher.

I just made that one up, too.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby PKMKII on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 pm

black bart wrote:PK wrote:

You just made that one up.

Nope, it's real. Tasteless name, but a tasty beer.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Tried Sixpoint's Apollo. It's a very unique beer. Kristalweizen, so it's a filtered wheat, no yeasty sediments. However, they're using a brettanomyces yeast in the brewing, so it gets that tarty funkiness. It's like a wheat crossed with a lambic.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

The Independent put out a list of their 50 best British beers. Being a 'Murican, I've only have a few of these. Any disagreements/snubs?

PKMKII

PreviousNext

Return to Food