Food Maps

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Food Maps

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Tweren't free. They made me dance. That wasn't in the job description.
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby bonsaiherb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Thank you PKMKII,

That was interesting but puzzling. Like others I could not see a correlation between the eating of more vegetables, or less meat to the obesity. Too much butter on the corn or mashed potatoes?

As others pointed out, I can see the CA thing, but that healthy blob in Texas, Transylvania and dare I mention gorgeous Georgia.
When you hit the link to CANADA, boy oh boy do we come out poorly. Having lived in B.C. Canada ??? Better health care. Less in the poorer states of the South -- Miss., Lousiana, Misery etc.

I agree, other sites would be interesting to look at. India, Vietnam, Japan for instance. China didn't used to have the obesity problem either until they became more affluent and started gobbling down meat. IMO. Some of it also includes the cooking oils vs. the lard useage that the Spanish translated to some of their colonies.

BTW the Puget Sound, WA area came in looking pretty good.
bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:50 am

I thought about this some more and began to wonder how this census was done. So far there have been no Federal food gestapo knocking at my door to interrogate me about vegetables and size me up.

That leaves the physicians. And yes they do pass on much of your medical history to whoever is paying. However, I can never - ever remember one taking the time to ask me as to how many veggies I am eating per month. Your damn lucky if they spend any time with you at all.

bonsaiherb
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Previous

Return to Food