need a 3d model of FSM!

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

need a 3d model of FSM!

Postby angelsou on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:07 pm

I need a 3d Flying Spaghetti Monster! I LOOOVE the design that the In-Animator put out, but I need an actual 3d model. I will attempt to make it worth your while, either in rum or other favors =)

I can use Autocad, 3DS Max, Lightwave, and probably a handful of other file formats. Thanks!

:fsm_float:
angelsou
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: need a 3d model of FSM!

Postby Tickle on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm

angelsou wrote:I will attempt to make it worth your while, either in rum or other favors

You make it sound as though we would want something in return. There are plenty of generous people here, I'm sure someone would do it for free for a fellow Pastafarian - or a chest of treasure... :wink:

:fsm_yarr: Did someone say treasure?...
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Ushnor on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm

I just have to say, if someone made a 3D FSM movie, that would be the best thing ever. I hope that's what you're planing to do.
Ushnor
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Duke on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:07 pm

A 3D FSM animation or movie would be altogether magnificent. I can't even think about begining such a project, though.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby angelsou on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:54 pm

Lest I mislead anyone, I want to make it clear that I will NOT be attempting a 3d animation - that's waaay over my head. If anyone ELSE has that kind of talent, I'd LOVE to see it!

I do think the end result will be appealing to most/all - but I'm being secretive in the meantime.
angelsou

Postby Enjoi35 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:51 pm

Hmm... how about Cinema 4d? I am not sure how well it would export into .3ds, but I could attempt it tomorrow (2/16)
In the meantime here is my first attempt at our ever so Saucy and Noodly one....

Behold, the beginning!

(Edit 2/16)
Enjoi35
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Duke on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:28 am

That is great work!

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Artist Enjoi!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Gruppenfuhrer on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:37 pm

That may be one of the coolest things EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gruppenfuhrer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Enjoi35 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:32 pm

Thank you very much. :D
Still waiting for a reply from angelsou to see what file type he needs

:fsm_yarr: Yaaarrrr
Enjoi35
Conchigliette Convert

Postby angelsou on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:48 pm

That looks fantastic! I'm not sure I can import Cinema 4d, but I'm sure willing to try! You can e-mail me at fsmrocks@avionicsaccessories.com and we can figure out how to get the file from you to me. Thanks so much!

I'd also love anyone else with some graphics talent who wants to give it a whirl to toss in their try - I will give something nifty made from your design to each person. Thanks guys!
angelsou

Postby angelsou on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:02 am

Hey guys - I still need 3d models of the FSM! InAnimator, I want yours!!!! Really, I'll take anyones - the stock one is just so well known, and it looks like he might already have it in 3D. I can take just about any file format you want to send me - PLEASE!! send it to fsmrocks@avionicsaccessories.com or you can e-mail me for uploading instructions if you can't attach a file that big. Thanks!
angelsou

Postby JKVisFX on Thu May 18, 2006 9:59 pm

I have a FSM model from my own project. I have in in 3ds MAX 8, .obj and .lwo format. It is a sub-D model. If you bring it into MAX, you need to apply a mesh smooth operator or you need to convert it into polygons and then turn on NURMS sub-Ds. I also have textures and materials in MAX for it. Let me know and I will send you a link to download them from.

--JK--
"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein
JKVisFX
Conchigliette Convert

Postby angelsou on Fri May 19, 2006 5:42 pm

JKVisFX, you ROCK!

I played around with it today and burnt this:

I'm thinking about adding more points, and darkening it up, but I'm very pleased with version 1. Keychain is next! E-mail me your address, JKVisFX, and I'll send you some FSM crystalline goodies =)

angelsou

Postby JKVisFX on Fri May 19, 2006 7:03 pm

What software are you rendering the model in? it looks like it is just the rough poly cage without sub-Ds. If your rendering app has sub-division surfaces, convert the model into sub-Ds and you will get a much smoother result.

Your image is very cool btw. The glass looks utterly believable right down to the chromatic abrasions and little bits of dust and tiny scratches. Well done.

--JK--
"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein
JKVisFX
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Fri May 19, 2006 7:20 pm

Okay, I want a real prism like that.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Next

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations