My ink.

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

My ink.

Postby CaiCaden on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 am

A newbie here so i thought I'd post some pics of some of my ink.
Hope it meets with peoples approval.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd13 ... G_0059.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd13 ... AACs8p.jpg
CaiCaden
Conchigliette Convert

Re: My ink.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 am

Weren't those painful? :shocked:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roland Deschain on Sat May 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Nice Darwin fish, and the Pastafarian fish looks fresh! They're becoming more popular now, and this is helping to spread the word. RAmen.

Tig, i've know people who've sat through a tattoo and not flinched, and others who've passed out at the same. I think i'd probably pass out, lol. :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun May 06, 2012 3:47 am

It's mostly about where it is on the body. Some areas of the body have a higher concentration of nerve endings in the skin than others, so hands and face would be much more painful than arms and chest. Take a look at this fellow:

The larger the body part, the more nerve endings in it. So you have loads in your hands, lips, tongue and ears, but not so many in your limbs and trunk.

Another factor is the proximity to bones, ligaments and tendons. Ankle tattoos are painful because the skin is right on top of the bones and near ligaments. Tattoos on biceps, pectorals etc. less painful because of the layer of flesh under the skin, and no moving parts to speak of.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Nice sculpture there, Roy. My friend who passed out had his on his upper arm. There was lots of blood (according to him). :haha:
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Isaac combined two wadjet variations I drew to create this (just under t-shirt neck on back).
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby gronank on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:It's mostly about where it is on the body. Some areas of the body have a higher concentration of nerve endings in the skin than others, so hands and face would be much more painful than arms and chest. Take a look at this fellow:

The larger the body part, the more nerve endings in it. So you have loads in your hands, lips, tongue and ears, but not so many in your limbs and trunk.

Another factor is the proximity to bones, ligaments and tendons. Ankle tattoos are painful because the skin is right on top of the bones and near ligaments. Tattoos on biceps, pectorals etc. less painful because of the layer of flesh under the skin, and no moving parts to speak of.

I can't help but think that that man's penis is too small, shouldn't it atleast be larger than an ear?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby psychojenii on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 pm

it also depends on the person's reaction to pain. women can generally tolerate more physical pain than men, but masochists, true masochists, for them, pain is pleasure.

and, the artist. there are "heavy handed" artists who, no matter where you get the tat at it will hurt because they go too deep. it tends to make the ink bleed when someone is heavy handed as well
aye. i'm crazy
psychojenii
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Then there are people like me, whose peripheral sensory nerves have and are deteriorating. I could probably just ignore my way through a tattoo. I had a neuro-something-or-other test a few weeks ago where they jabbed me with many and many needles, and zapped said needles with much zappingness, many and numerous times. They commented that most people found the test "extremely uncomfortable". I would say it was mildly uncomfortable, but no big deal. I was talking with the techs the whole time, making my usual asinine attempts at humo(u)r.

And no, they still don't know why my nerves are wearing out.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations