relation between pirates and ninjas?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

relation between pirates and ninjas?

Postby dust on Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:30 am

I tripped over a serious issue while reading a post over in the "all things FSM" forum.

It was assumed that ninjas were stealing the pirates place in TV shows, movies etc. That might be true for the last 50 years. But on a historical scale it may be completely different.

Ninjas were there before the pirates. In japans feudal era the ninjas were at numbers we could only speculate, but definitely more than pirates. The pirate era, as we all know, began way later in history. So there might be something behind this.

What if the FSM :worship: knew that the numbers of ninjas were shrinking and therefor put the pirates in place to stop a global warming? Both, pirates and ninjas, are sword wielding beings considered as bad guys. So both could be affecting the global temperature in the same way.

The big question is, what comes next? Now that the pirates suffered the same misfortune as the ninjas the FSM :worship: must put someting new in place to stop the global warming. What if the FSM :worship: has forgotten about us? We all might be doomed!

-dust
:fsm: thou art God
dust
Conchigliette Convert

Postby freethinker on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:02 pm

Aye me hearty,

But let us na ferget that there be millions of pirates in cyberspace :wink:
"Intelligent design?"

What about "cause and effect"?"
freethinker
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby dust on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:23 pm

You're right, there's even a rise in ninjas I guess. But that's simply not enough. It should one of our highest priorities to become a pirate or a ninja and to teach our knowledge to others.
dust
Conchigliette Convert

Postby celtic_mike on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:05 pm

But I didnt recall any leeway with choosing between ninjas or pirates...it seems clear, if'n a pirate ye be, FSM will bless ye...not so much if your a ninja
Religion, Reason, Bible
"My Dear Lady, I may be drunk and in the morning I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly" Winston Churchill
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cerberus on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:12 pm

I keep saying it, but you can be BOTH! Ninja Scrolls has shown us that being both (and a demon to boot) is possible. Ninja's never really had the numbers side of things either, since it was more important for a ninja to complete a mission than their lives. Meaning that many would die on mission rather than fail.

Watch ninja scrolls if you haven't already. And you will see the utter might of the ninj-irate! or the pinja! Go pirate ninja go!
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Spelda on Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:00 pm

Ninja were still around even after the pirate population died. When the US started trading with Japan, the ninja population went down. So the ninja were here before and after the pirates.

And remember, a pirate is too loud to attack a ninja. But a ninja is so stealthy that one can kill a entire ship by itself.
Spelda
Ziti Zealot

Postby fourthgeek on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:22 am

But pirates have cooler clothes, steal, and talk funny.

I'm sorry.

Pirates win.
fourthgeek
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Cerberus on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:30 am

HAS NO ONE WATCHED NINJA SCROLLS?! It tells you exactly how they can be both. If they are both how can they fight against each other in war? Ninja + drunken lechery = pirate.

Need i say why pirates are the absolute epitome of cool?
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby dust on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:30 am

So a ninja who has fallen into the beer-volcano might come back to earth as a always drunk pirate?
dust
Conchigliette Convert

Postby VeryGnawty on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:16 am

Cerberus wrote:HAS NO ONE WATCHED NINJA SCROLLS?!

Ninja Scroll made my head feel funny.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix, Better Angels
VeryGnawty
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby MTL on Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 am

Ninja = Japanese land Pirate.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
MTL
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Return to Scripture and Lore