His True Name

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

His True Name

Postby omichron on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:11 am

What is the Spaghedeity's true name? A name that all languages can use to refer to him in a common way?

The only indication I can find is in the 8th Condiment, where it would appear that he refers to a 'Mike'. Knowing that there can be no higher law than His word, wouldn't the invocation of 'Mike' in this case be a self-reference?

I will admit to not having perused all the gospels in their entirety. I understand that He's not that into personal contact, so I'm not mad that he hasn't answered my prayers personally, but maybe He has related something to someone else in this board?

After all, the Spaghedeity's certainly wise enough to not have a name which is really more of an appellation than a real name. It's not as if we want to use His name in vain, but even Yaweh's got a name of his own when he's kicking it with his homeys. Makes writing about Him kind of awkward when they're together. Easier to use their names in this case.

:worship: :fsm:
omichron
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 am

FSM works quite well.

FSM damn it!

Oh my FSM!

Only the FSM knows.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby omichron on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Actually, after reading the FAQ and the Not Commandments, I think I'll use "Monster" instead. Easier for me to use in other languages, as well. Otherwise, different spellings for 'spaghetti' cause ambiguity (MEV/MSV in spanish). Spaghedeity also translates quite nicely, but it's a mouthful in excitable moments.

Thanks
omichron
Conchigliette Convert

FSM and latin

Postby manzed on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:27 pm

"pasta prodigium volatus" - Noodle monster that flies

Not sure if this would be the proper latin translation.
Anyone knows?

This kinda fits:
Ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora - Eggs today are better than chickens tomorrow (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush)

or
Alis volat propiis - She flies with her own wings

or
Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur - Even a god finds it hard to love and be wise at the same time

I like this one:
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita - Life is too short to dance with ugly women

this is pirate stuff:
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam - I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head

wise one:
Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet - The man who is constantly in fear is every day condemned. (Syrus)

this is actually perfect - short and sweet:
Credo quia absurdum - I believe it because it is absurd. (contrary to reason) (Tertullian)

Holy cow! there is so much more! Check it out -
http://www.yuni.com/library/latin.html
manzed
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Mongo of the North on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:45 am

Some people simply call the FSM TIM!
Mongo of the North
Ziti Zealot

Postby Clifford on Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm

Aye, Tim be a legendary name only fit for a God.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Jesus on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:17 am

My father goes by many names, but FSM does just nicely but if you are talking to him in prayer he will know it doesnt matter what you call him.R'amen.
Yes my father is a flying spaghetti monster. If you have any questions contact me via gmail,aim,pm or praying.
Jesus
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore