I like magic numbers!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:30 pm

TI-85 or bust. I'm not clever enough for an HP.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:32 pm

My school bans anything above a TI-84. I still have an 83.

Having said that, I don't think it's possible to generate an inequality symbol. At least, I haven't.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:44 pm

I work with an 83. I recently leanred how to put Matricies into it, so I think I'll mess around with the FSM one.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:58 pm

The 85's a dinosaur anyways... you could slap an 81 sticker on it and nobody would know the difference.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:43 pm

Ti-83? I have one of those.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby PragmaticallyWyrd on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:46 pm

Of course you can generate a '>' on one of those. How the heck are you gonna write
if n > 5 then: disp "your mother smelt of elderberries":endif

if you don't have '>'? You can program on all those calcs. Heck, on one of them you don't even have to hack it to enter assembly language programs. General geek/MEGO style info here: http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/
--
Furry cows moo and decompress.
PragmaticallyWyrd
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Snakeon on Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Holy numbers have of course traditionally been derived from lore and superstition (two of my favorites) which makes this effort somewhat problematic given FSM lore is still emerging from the primordial minestrone. It may be beneficial to alternatively establish a basis for a noodly number system (NNS) from which a plethora of worthies can be derived or more easily identified from our evolving lore. The FSMatrix proposal, e.g., has been beneficial to forward motion.

Ternary representations have really cool qualities, and I would be tempted to propose base 3 as a jumping off point if it weren’t for the fact that 3 is prime, and prime numbers are intrinsically exclusionary and obsessed with unity (we all know where that can lead). So, alternatively I tender my support for base e (2.718…), for no particular reason other than it is the most economical radix; though now that I think about it, “eâ€￾ is the alpha of the word “eatâ€￾, and the omega of the word “ateâ€￾; and furthermore it is associated with the development of logs , which are used to make pirate ships…
May His eternal Starch bind you and keep you
Snakeon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby SpisBoy on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:47 pm

Definitely 42.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore