I like magic numbers!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:48 pm

No, that's just to solve more complex equations with multiple variables.

The things that are really bad are working to modify the actual matrices themselves. Multiply a matrix by a matrix, add a matrix to another, stuff like that. Which isn't that hard, just really, really tedious. Oh, and in that unit, some French mathematician has a theorem that will ruin your life. Can't remember his name, since DeMoivre's making life easy for me right now.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:23 pm

umm... yeah, we learned adding, subtracting, and multiplying matricies last year. its not all THAT tedious, although it is boring and easy.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Then that means it didn't get lumped in with that French guy. If it did, your approach to matrices would be forever scarred.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Alpaca wrote:Matrices... don't go there.

Qwerty, what y'all are probably doing is solving systems of linear equations using matrices, which is all good.

When you get to advanced Algebra, you get to see the true sadistic power of matrices. Just... take it and don't talk about it.

Are the matrices evil? Are they out to bore all of humankind?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Bore... I don't really know. Still, I've still not encountered any purpose for using them that couldn't be accomplished using other methods.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:53 pm

Alpaca wrote:Bore... I don't really know. Still, I've still not encountered any purpose for using them that couldn't be accomplished using other methods.

Most of math is like that, I fear. :roll:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Aww, now, that's an exaggeration.

I also have to retract my previous statement. The matrix now has a unique use: portraying the FSM in numbers as no equation can.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:04 pm

hey, how bout we do something FUN!

we can find out what steps to take to turn the FSMatrix into an identity matrix!

yayhappyfuntimeshow!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:12 pm

Or maybe, if you felt like it, you could calculate [FSM]^2?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Alpaca wrote:Aww, now, that's an exaggeration.

I also have to retract my previous statement. The matrix now has a unique use: portraying the FSM in numbers as no equation can.

Well, it is an exaggeration, but somewhat true.

Sometimes.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby BL!TZ on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:51 pm

Strange magical findings!

Ok so in algebra class i put this on my graphing calculator.

THE FLYING
SPAGHETTI
MONSTER > YOU

then the next day i turn it on and find this.

THE FLYING
SPAGHETTI
MONSTER > YOU
Ans->7,()9^-13--63A2ln(89999-6

So i did the math and figure it means

FSM -> 7, 681.351A

I am thinking they are plots on a map which will lead to a startling discovery. But where is the origin?
BL!TZ
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:17 pm

How'd you get the greater than sign?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby BL!TZ on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:21 pm

Shift+period
>
or if you mean on a calculator its 2nd+math i think.
BL!TZ
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:23 pm

Yes, I meant the calculator.

What model is it?
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby BL!TZ on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:28 pm

BL!TZ
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore