I like magic numbers!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Alpaca on Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:05 pm

Not that particular action, but the fact that we can't do anything to the core code of the forum!

I should probably go whine somewhere else. Ignore me.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby _Tex_ on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:53 pm

well duke, that is true, however 'we' indicates people ie- members of the human race thereby the statement stands.

mom- are we there yet?
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:34 pm

Well, we are here, is here there?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby _Tex_ on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 am

*drops head into hands, moans quietly to self*
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:34 am

_Tex_ wrote:*drops head into hands, moans quietly to self*

(Victory is mine!!!)

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Tickle on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Are you the one who keeps sending children to my house? :?
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:49 pm

Cheeses! Enough semantics.... this thread's about numbers, not words for FSM's sake! I changed the bloody title, too, so shut yer yaps! :fsm_angry:

Now, the Doctor 'ere forgot how to do matrix mathematics (which is what happens when you learn your maths in biology class). Can anyone re-enlighten me on how to matrixy stuff with the FSMatrix?

Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 pm

I'm doing matricies to help in algebra, with finding interceting lines in graphs.

all I remember is some stuff about adding ends and getting simmilar numbers, like 52 which then you do the 52 base and get 42, or vice versa.

or were you asking about how to actually mess with matricies?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:57 pm

I learned about them, but I don't think about it........................

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby fusiontortellini on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:41 am

Wait a minute. I know my current Evil Minions have four legs and fur, but I *am* working on some two-legged ones. My nieces are coming along nicely . . . :twisted:
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby _Tex_ on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:28 am

careful, any day now they'll figure out how to open the cupboard door from the inside. Then you'll never hear the end of it....
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:43 am

I just have a dog, so I suppose that works.

my parents aren't the type to have evil minoins. that's me and my sister... o.O.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Evil? Yes. Minions? No.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:43 pm

Matrices... don't go there.

Qwerty, what y'all are probably doing is solving systems of linear equations using matrices, which is all good.

When you get to advanced Algebra, you get to see the true sadistic power of matrices. Just... take it and don't talk about it.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 pm

you're right about what were doing. linear equations. yuk.

and you wouldn't happen to be refering to making matricies identity matricies, would you? where you have to get them from something like

[8 -2 9.3]
[-3 7.9 1]
[-6.4 2 7]

into

[1 0 0]
[0 1 0]
[0 0 1]

because we did that last year.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore