The Noodly One Seen in Ancient Chinese Art!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Noodly One Seen in Ancient Chinese Art!

Postby NoodleArcanist on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:35 pm

I apologize to anyone keeping score for the fact that I accidentally posted this in the Misc. Post section as well. Neverthelesss:
It recently occured to me that although the rangu one may tamper with the fundamental laws and functionings of science, he may insert himself ever-so-obscurely into the realms of art. This research came to a head almost immediately, when I began to note similarities between the ancient chinese depictions of dragons and HIMself. Perhaps in seeing the Pastificious One, they attempted to form a mythos around him, for the Chinese had not yet comprehended the glory of spaghetti, and these were their results. Included is a link to several example pictures (because his *insert clever pasta-themed phrase of worship here* has not seen fit to bless me with the knowledge to upload pictures into posts), and one which shows possible similarities to the Noodled One. Let myself and the Flying Spaghetti Monster hear your thoughts on this subject, and all give praise to him, regardless of the validity of my research. :worship:
http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/arcanist/ ... .album?i=0
For thine is the noodles, and the meat sauce, and the pasta forever. RAmen.
NoodleArcanist
Ziti Zealot

Location: Middletown, PA, but am packed and ready to move to a more noodle-motifed locating if one arises

Postby TBoneTheBovine on Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:51 am

Where's the beef [meatballs]?

That picture is way off though I do see the resemblences.

It was obviously painted from a verbal account that had been past down for many generations, degrading each generation. This is typical for civilizations in decline.
The world is flat, the world is round, what shape will it be next?
TBoneTheBovine
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby NoodleArcanist on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:07 am

Indeed. I tried to find a picture with posture similar to the typical FSM picture, that I might sit them side-by-side for comparison, but there was none. If my theory is correct, however, in many chinese depictions of dragons, the claws and feet are very balled and round. If that does not sate you, then perhaps it is incorrect, and his noodliness just put dragons there for us to beleive in, in the same way he intransiently alters scientists and their work. My theory also explains how chinese 'dragons' were able to fly without wings. What are your thoughts at all on the English dragons, though?
NoodleArcanist
Ziti Zealot

Location: Middletown, PA, but am packed and ready to move to a more noodle-motifed locating if one arises

Egyptian

Postby NoodleArcanist on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:53 pm

yes indeed, all views merit equal weight. Behold the results of further research, I've added yet another picture depicting the noodly one in ancient Egyptian art, and I certainly didn't just make it myself in paint, then photoshop, in a little less than a half hour. Honestly :) So click that link again, because I still do not posess the frutratingly out-of-my-grasp knowledge of how to put images into a post.
NoodleArcanist
Ziti Zealot

Postby NoodleArcanist on Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:02 pm

I believe Picasso and many other abstract expressionist artists of his time may have inserted the noodly one into their work as well. This will take time, as I'm working on this one still and photoshop is being stubborn...er...I'm tracking down clues...or something...Yes, that's it...
NoodleArcanist
Ziti Zealot

Postby DaveL on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:09 am

Wow,

That looks like something you could sell on Ebay. Very authentic representation of the FSM there (sic)

:mrgreen:
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby TBoneTheBovine on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Equal weight must be given to all views.

More specifically, when the FSM is discussed in schools equal weight must be given to all views and perceptions about the FSM (it's called Science), which may differ from what the FSM is really about.

I wrote the above (not knowing I wasn't logged in).

I want to emphasize its importance. Studying the FSM in schools means givinng equal weight to all views ('science').

'Science' explains why there are so many conflicting accounts, stories and imagery of the FSM. Does 'science' accurately depict the real FSM? I don't know.
The world is flat, the world is round, what shape will it be next?
TBoneTheBovine
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Return to Scripture and Lore