INTERNATION DEVELOPMENT - PLEASE READ

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Athas on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:29 pm

well, to rerail this topic:

I joined this in good faith, and then searched the entire forum for some more serious registration type thingy whatev. So, i started to think "Bah, i wont bother being part of this if the only thing here are some people on a forum saying noodly, and meaty, and spaghetti over and over again..." Theres no structure, no order... to me, its all chaos.

I think the best way to solve this would be Bobby sitting down, creating the ranks, posting them here, and start assigning 'em. (ofcourse the mods and admins would have to help). If were all gonna be like, ooh, i wanna be that! its gonna go nowhere.

furthermore, certificates is a must if we want people to really feel that they belong...

Now to the other point:
I would happily make flyers and posters and hang 'em up here in my town. i could start making a few and posting them here, to see what you think...
i would also happily make a norwegian FSM site, if other norwegians are willing to help. (unless, ofcourse, there already is a norwegian FSM site)

- Athas, a norwegian viking.
Joke contest entry #23:

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Athas
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 am

Postby Cynicus on Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:27 am

Sadly, as much as I really love chaos, we really need to put forth a solid answer. Either come up with ranks that are permanant (or... semi-permanant) as in the above message. Or (much like the faith of my background) have no formal clergy, and just let people teach and interperate as they may (with a healthy dose of guidence, ie, the forum).

And, if I may say...
Noodly Noodly Noodly! Spaghetti! Woo!

Ahem, thank you and RAmen.
If I had a strainer
I'd Strain in the Mornin'
I'd Strain in the Evenin'
All over this wooooooorld
Cynicus
Maccheroncelli Missionary
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: Independance, Oregon

Postby Cardinal Queequeg on Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:59 am

Patience, Patience.

Remember, we've come a long way in a very short time!

The mod staff continues to work on this, and I think that if you give it a little time, you will be satisfied.

Please keep in mind: Some members want a "bible" right away, others want ranks, others want a cookbook, some want more topic subdivisions.

Honestly, folks.

We are on it. :wink: :wink:

Cardinal Queequeg
In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
I look, you look, he looks, we look, ye look, they look.
Image
User avatar
Cardinal Queequeg
Holy Harpooneer
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:07 am
Location: Georgia's Noodle Coast

Postby Athas on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:07 am

Cardinal Queequeg wrote:Please keep in mind: Some members want a "bible" right away, others want ranks, others want a cookbook, some want more topic subdivisions.


Thats exactly the thing... I think the admins/Bobby/mods should just create something together, and people would just have to follow that. After all, you are His profets, the chosen ones. What you say, should be interpreted as His words, no?
Joke contest entry #23:

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Athas
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 am

Postby fourthgeek on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:33 pm

This may be an aid to determining ranks.

The following is a list of skill ranks for the game "Kingdom of Loathing", in which one can, among other professions such as Accordion Thief and Seal Clubber, be a Pastamancer or Sauceror.

Dough Acolyte
Yeast Scholar
Noodle Neophyte
Starch Savant
Carbohydrate Cognoscenti
Spaghetti Sage
Macaroni Magician
Vermicelli Enchanter
Linguini Thaumaturge
Ravioli Sorcerer
Manicotti Magus
Spaghetti Spellbinder
Canneloni Conjurer
Angel-Hair Archmage
Pastamancer

Allspice Acolyte
Cilantro Seer
Parsley Enchanter
Sage Sage
Rosemary Diviner
Thyme Wizard
Tarragon Thaumaturge
Oreganoccultist
Basillusionist
Coriander Conjurer
Bay Leaf Brujo
Sesame Soothsayer
Marinara Mage
Alfredo Archmage
Sauceror
fourthgeek
Maccheroncelli Missionary
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:36 pm

Postby Athas on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:48 pm

Hm... personally, i prefer piratey ranks.

Anyway, id like to put together a creative team to make flyers which i can spread around in my town... preferably, the team would consist of me, another norwegian (as the flyers would be in norwegian), an admin, and a mod. if anyones interested, contact me...?
Joke contest entry #23:

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Athas
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 am

Postby Athas on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:15 pm

excellent! :)

ill see if i can start on some flyers tomorrow... layout and such.
Joke contest entry #23:

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Athas
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 am

Re: the largest organs

Postby TomatoBeard on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:16 pm

[quote="Noodlyoodly"]Tomato Beard,

Contrary to popular belief, the largest female-pleasing organs, as you put it, are men's brains. That is why it takes so long for women to find really great men. [quote]

........But what has this to do with barnacles?!

(and what about womens' brains? can only men's brains please women?.... hmmm... much to ponder here... I'd better pack a sense of humor.)
If a man listens to sheep, he will hear only their bleating.
TomatoBeard
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby Athas on Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:19 pm

i have drawn a flyer proposition, and as soon as i get my lazy ass off this chair and get it scanned, ill show it to ye ;)
Joke contest entry #23:

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
Athas
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 am

Postby Dorby on Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:24 am

arrgh me hearties

I have taken it upon mself to preach the word of the mighy FSM in the town of Newcastle, Australia. As soon as my Pirate Clothes ar completed, I shall convert many to the true faith me hearties.

I may also think about preaching the word of our God in Ol' Sydney Town.


RAmen
Praise his Noodleyness
Dorby
Maccheroncelli Missionary
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:33 pm
Location: Newcastle, Australia

pirate/FSM ranks

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:55 pm

how would we attain these ranks? of course, mods and admins and people like DD and others would be higher ranking, but what about the little people? personally, i don't think it should be decided for most people on the website, just what the ranks ARE and stuff for admins and whatnot. the Pope certianly does not know the name of every priest in the world.

or does he?:shock:

probably not.

also, i know that pirate ranks are decided by ammount of boatage you have. if you have a boat, yer a captian, more than one boat commadont. these facts are purely from Pirates Of The Caribbian, but i'd say its a reliable source.

just my three dollars and fifty eight cents.

RAmen
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:


Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
User avatar
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby DeadPoet on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:00 pm

Me and my crew are at your command for spreading the good news around Francfort, Germany :worship: .
User avatar
DeadPoet
The Resident Resident
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:20 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Postby Aslak on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Athas wrote:well, to rerail this topic:

I joined this in good faith, and then searched the entire forum for some more serious registration type thingy whatev. So, i started to think "Bah, i wont bother being part of this if the only thing here are some people on a forum saying noodly, and meaty, and spaghetti over and over again..." Theres no structure, no order... to me, its all chaos.

I think the best way to solve this would be Bobby sitting down, creating the ranks, posting them here, and start assigning 'em. (ofcourse the mods and admins would have to help). If were all gonna be like, ooh, i wanna be that! its gonna go nowhere.

furthermore, certificates is a must if we want people to really feel that they belong...

Now to the other point:
I would happily make flyers and posters and hang 'em up here in my town. i could start making a few and posting them here, to see what you think...
i would also happily make a norwegian FSM site, if other norwegians are willing to help. (unless, ofcourse, there already is a norwegian FSM site)

- Athas, a norwegian viking.


Hear ye, hear ye! :worship:
Aslak
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Norway

Postby Irish Noodle on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:39 am

I'd love to start an Irish Chapter, if possible.

Us godless secular Europeans are natural spokespeople for the good news of FSM!
"I feel as if I've been mauled by Jesus."

www.harpingon.blogspot.com
Check out my blog!
Irish Noodle
Ziti Zealot
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:50 am
Location: UCD, Dublin, Ireland

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:53 pm

I'd be glad to help in Northern VA, but i'd need some help, cos im at a little disavantage

underage :fsm_cry:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:


Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
User avatar
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron