What year did the FSM create the world?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What year did the FSM create the world?

Postby thegoddessofbob on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:16 pm

I know that scripture states that it was created in four days, but when?

I propose that it was in 1970 (meaning that it would currently be year 37 in His Noodly Calendar). Anybody that claims to have lived before then is a liar and a heretic.

Any thoughts?
thegoddessofbob
Ziti Zealot

Postby MPTrooper on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Read the FAQ. All of your questions will be answered
MPTrooper

Postby thegoddessofbob on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 pm

That doesn't actually answer my question. He revealed himself to Bobby Henderson in 2005, but He created the Universe before that- otherwise, Henderson wouldn't have existed. And while I understand that the Universe has been around since He created it, we do need some sort of labels for our dinosaur fossils, so I would like an answer. (http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchive/2006/11/not_a_trivial_e.html)
thegoddessofbob
Ziti Zealot

Postby St. John the Obvioust on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:42 am

According to the religion of unix, the world was created Thursday Jan 1, 1970 UTC, pretends that life existed all the way back to 20:45:52 UTC on December 13, 1901, and, baring reconsideration, will conveniently end 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, January 19, 2038. While some insist that the past failures of the human race do not predict future failures, and are requesting a 9,223,372,036,854,775,739 year extension, others point out that yes they do, FOAD.

Myself, I plan to pre-die since I'm not one for long goodbye parties.

And yes, it's a real religion. The first topic is ID vs evolution.
santa-free since 4
god-free since 5
St. John the Obvioust
Conchigliette Convert

Postby blackeyedbutch on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:57 am

2038 right now we are just imagining everything that is happening

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

What year...

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm

I would assume that He created the Universe in year 1

It is a shame that our calendars use a different system.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Etay on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:19 pm

I believe that at some point in time, all people that were living at that time forgot what year it was.

Therefore:

In A.D. 2101, Bush declared war on Iraq.
O rly?
Yarrly!
Etay
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby omichron on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 pm

It seems all the evidence points towards 1970.

Let's not forget that He would have, of course, created the memories of everyone in such a way that they believed that the world has been around forever. Much the same way that he created the stars and the light already in route (like He'd be waiting around a few million years for the night to grow brighter. Please).

Anything missed in the first pass would get correction in real-time as His noodly appendage would invisibly and gently nudge the evidence to make it match our perceptions.
omichron
Conchigliette Convert

Postby SandyHook on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:54 am

I must disagree with the above.

The world was created 5,001 years ago.

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster clearly says "Five thousand years ago: The Beginning. The Flying Spaghetti Monster. . . " This is found on page 51 of the Gospel which was copyrighted in 2006. The remainder of the next couple of pages goes on to describe in detail how creation was managed, rather poorly IMHO.

The fact that it was not revealed to Bobby, Pasta be upon his plate, until recently isn't relevant.

Clearly the question has now been answered.
SandyHook
Ziti Zealot

Re: What year did the FSM create the world?

Postby mikero on Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:34 am

thegoddessofbob wrote:I know that scripture states that it was created in four days, but when?

I propose that it was in 1970 (meaning that it would currently be year 37 in His Noodly Calendar). Anybody that claims to have lived before then is a liar and a heretic.

Any thoughts?

I understand there is a lot of conflicting evidence here however it would seem logical to me that FSM finished creating the world last thursday evening, any evidence to the contrary would most likely be Him tinkering with the BBS to make it look that way.
mikero
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Clifford on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 pm

No one really knows. He got drunk afterwards.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby rude_boy_pastafarian on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:56 pm

I propose that it is, in fact the 37th year on His(?) Noodly Greatness' calendar, but, every year on His(?) calendar is 122702702.7027027 years on the Gregorian calendar (yes, i took the time to do the math). :)
rude_boy_pastafarian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby magonionious on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:51 am

The FSM created the world in year 0 A.M.V. (Anno Macaronoteras Volatile, in the Year of the Flying Spaghetti Monster)
I don't know when that was, or what year we are in now. :D
-"WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!"
-"I'm not!"
magonionious
Ziti Zealot

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:05 am

First, you must note that time is an arbitrary concept. I would say that the FSM did not create the universe in a particular year, but created it at the beginning of duration.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.
Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Re:

Postby lari on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:00 pm

SandyHook wrote:I must disagree with the above.

The world was created 5,001 years ago.

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster clearly says "Five thousand years ago: The Beginning. The Flying Spaghetti Monster. . . " This is found on page 51 of the Gospel which was copyrighted in 2006. The remainder of the next couple of pages goes on to describe in detail how creation was managed, rather poorly IMHO.

The fact that it was not revealed to Bobby, Pasta be upon his plate, until recently isn't relevant.

Clearly the question has now been answered.

If it's in the Gospel, I believe it. These are the worlds of the Noodly Lord, transmited to us by that book. Henderson was clearly inspired by the Flying Spaghetti Monster to write it.
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore