The Pasta Trinity

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The Pasta Trinity

Postby DaveL on Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:17 pm

I was wondering if anyone would enlighten me on the concept of the FSM Holy Trinity.

Is the FSM capable of being both Father, Son and Holy Sauce?
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby The Cheat on Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:20 pm

The son, is basically any type of pasta.
The Cheat
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Cerberus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:14 pm

He is the Pasta, the Sauce and the Holy Meatballs (and some say cheese or pesto).
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby rickyroma on Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:31 am

I hate to be the brazen rookie convert but I really must take issue with the posts in this thread so far.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (Pesto be upon him) is neither a Trinity nor a Quadity. Pasta, meatballs, sauce and so on are not "three that agree in one" but distinct elements. They are separable parts that together make up the FSM (PBUH). There is no contradiction or absurdity to be found so it's hardly a satisfying theistic doctrine.

Rather, :fsm_angry: (PBUH) is a Binity. This is because He is Spaghetti (as in Flying Spaghetti Monster), yet He is also Noodle (as in Noodley appendage). Let's be clear that in the observable universe Spaghetti and Noodles are similar but not the same; just as a Father is similar to his Son yet not the same.

But in the supernatural realm things are quite different. The FSM (PBUH) is Spaghetti and yet He is Noodley. Spaghetti and Noodles are two that agree in one. Therefore 2 = 1, the Binity, is a basic tenent of our belief system.
I have faith in the evidence.
rickyroma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cerberus on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:44 pm

I like that, it means that my less-than-secret attempts to have ALL noodles, and noodle dishes accepted within the bretheren of Pastafarianism, can finally move forward. Yay for Binity.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Cerberus

Postby rickyroma on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:52 am

Glad I could help Cerberus!

The more absurdity we embrace the easier we can rationalise what we do.

BTW, where do you stand on the controversial issue of Rice Noodles?

rickyroma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cerberus on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:55 am

Well i figure since we use the term RAmen as our closure of prayer, and ramen (the dish) can include rice noodles, then it would be hypocritical of us to leave them out.

Cerberus

Postby rickyroma on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:01 am

So that's what RAmen is. I've been wondering!

And I do so heartily agree with the inclusion of rice noodles.
rickyroma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:54 pm

question:
As he is ONE, made up of many distinct elements, they would be, simply and and basically as possible, pasta (what bread and pasta made of? cant remember exact name of that kind of food.), sauce, meat, cheese, and eyeballs (think about it). this would mean that not only is spagehti holy, but cheesebrugers and Pizza are also holy foods. although cheeseburgers may be exempt for not being itallian enough.

am i right or wrong in this thought?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cerberus on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Oh i think you missunderstand. All food is well regarded because of its links to the Holy Ingredients. However, the FSM is not actually MADE of these ingredients. Our pasta is just a way of representing his likeness, in a form that is deliciously edible. Thats why all noodles are holy, because regardless of what they are made of they are representations of His Holy Goodness.

Its all cool to eat and rever any food that you like, but we reserve the most Holy Titles for noodles.

Cerberus

Postby rickyroma on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:56 am

I have to say what you said makes perfect sense Qwertyuiopasd. It is clearly written, logical and easy to follow. Therefore it must be rejected as incompatible with our theistic beliefs.

Meanwhile Cerberus post sounds like a lot of vague and incomprehensible theistic wafffle and as such we must endorse his views unquestioningly.
rickyroma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:32 pm

okay, rephrase my post.

Can i eat Pizza like i would eat Pasta?
(of course eating pasta on fridays, but pizza more often)

me likes pizza.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore