Location of the Most Holy Lands of His Noodlyness?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:02 pm

hmm.... actually, i think this is all part of Cerberus's plot to not have to go anywhere for pilgramage.

"hm.. i'm bored. think I'll go for a holy pilgramage. OP! done."

very funny mister.

seriously though, although aus would be good, i think your describing heaven, not the beginnging of the world. although... if you have a chance to go to ayers rock, see if you can find a migit living there. and trees. mountinas trees midgit. we need that for our holy land.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Pirate Reggie on Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:10 pm

id like to say i agree with the above statement that the holy land is in fact mount olympus or sum other high mountain. Not only has this been a holy land for many ages but italie is in the medditeranean sea and the very first pirates were pirates of the medditeranean sea and raided the various countries there. Another possilbe location could be on land in the north west portion of the indian ocean because that to is were some of the first pirates were.
Pirate Reggie
Conchigliette Convert

Portsmouth

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:09 am

I'd like to nominate Portsmouth for that there Holy Land. The original Portsmouth in England not one that the yanks ave tried to copy and put New in front of!

My reason is _ I don't like holy lands very much and I don't much like Portsmouth either. The place is full of Sea Shanties, Tarts and Fish! :fsm_worried:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PrimeDjin on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 am

Naaah, Italy and Greece are nice countries and they can cook a mean spaghetti, but spaghetti and meatballs is mostly Americano food. They also (mostly) import their beer... ts ts ts

After thorough examination of the question, I am convinced that the country that is closest to His Noodliness is the Netherlands:

1) Excellent beer
2) Robust stripper industry
3) Long experience in stoner food - 'nough said.

I think I'm going worship up there this weekend... :worship:

PS. The Colosseum was slightly less holy than today's football stadiums; mount Olympus was never an Italian place of worship and the local delicacies are smoked sausages and goat cheese; yes, we shared the same pantheon with the Romans thousands of years ago...
PS2. Nobody in their right minds would place a cheerful wholesome religion as the FSM in Palestine, this drenched in blood, dry, thorny place, which cannot produce enough water to boil a handful of pasta...
I don't believe, I know
PrimeDjin
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby PrimeDjin on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:46 am

Ah yes, I forgot:

4) the Flying Dutchman!
I don't believe, I know
PrimeDjin

Midgit Fossil Evidence

Postby KidDirty on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:16 pm

Please consider the evidence of a midgit like hominid group I proposed here:
http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1763

I believe that the Indonesian island of Flores may be the holiest of our holylands, yes the place of His original creation.
It appears that it had midgits, trees, and a mountian.

What do we have here!

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0318/p13s02-woap.html

Here is an article from last year, indicating that Pirates are still operating in Indonesian Waters.

This must be the Holy Land you seek!
KidDirty
Bucatini Buccanneer

Hrmmm

Postby Pirate_Ron on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:10 pm

Vegas would be a good Holy Land. Think about it.

There are alot of strippers, and ameture stripper nights which create more strippers (Stripper Factory)

There is at least one brewery in Vegas.

There are several volcanos, one of which is in a bar with a mermaid that serves beer with a carribean theme. At the bottom of the volcano is a blender for making margaritas that the mermaid routinely frequents. Sure not a beer, but alcohol all the same. I am sure it can be modified to be beer.

As for spaghetti, well there's tons of buffets here in Vegas, all of which offer spaghetti. Also there are numerous italian resturaunts.

And yes there are pirates in Vegas, and when their ship sinks they all go to the strippers on the other boat for a wild party.

Bobby may hate vegas, but I think that's because he visited and doesn't live here. The city is very different when you live here.
Pirate_Ron
Conchigliette Convert

Ancient FSM worship

Postby Snakeon on Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:14 pm

Sorry for the cross-post, but a reply to my previous post directed me to this thread.

The article below provides unequivocal proof that FSMism predates all other religions, which subsequently are simply derivations from or perversions of the One Truth. China is therefore proposed as the land from which our enlightenment sprang...sprung...whatever.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns? ... 825212.800
May His eternal Starch bind you and keep you
Snakeon

The Holy Land

Postby fusiontortellini on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:45 pm

It seems obvious to me -- Italy!

We must claim Vatican City as our Holy Place and start a Crusade!!!
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:35 pm

that'd actually be a good hack at the original crusades.

although maybe the vatican isn't the best place.

I propose we get all our members into italy one summer. one member for each resturant that sells Spaghetti and Meatballs. whichever has the best shall be deemed extra holy.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby fusiontortellini on Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:34 am

Pirates at the Vatican! Pirates at the Vatican! I know it isn't historical or connected or anything. I just like the image. Pirates on Mt. Etna, well, it's just not the same. :wink:
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:32 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:The meatball is a Sicilian thing, so we have to go to South Italy or Sicily.

Rome, Tuscany, other parts of the country won't have meatballs as much as they'll have a meat sauce, or a meat dish of some sort served with a side of spaghetti and marinara.

well, i just thought we'd want Spaghetti and meatballs, considering our diety is spaghetti and meatballs.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Disco on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:13 pm

fusiontortellini wrote:Pirates at the Vatican! Pirates at the Vatican! I know it isn't historical or connected or anything. I just like the image. Pirates on Mt. Etna, well, it's just not the same. :wink:

Pirates on Mt. Olympus?

THAT would be cool.
Disco
Bucatini Buccanneer

Mount Spaghetti

Postby PastaGoddess on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:24 pm

The domicile of HIS HOLINESS, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is, of course, Mount Spaghetti. You know, "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese?" The mountain is shrouded in garlic-scented steam and the location always changes, depending upon the whim of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That way no one location can lay claim to being the seat of FSM, and HIS HOLINESS gets to travel the world, looking in on His subjects.

There is a garlic-bread raft artifact located on the mountain, although teams of researchers have yet to pinpoint the exact location of this relic. The difficulty in pinpointing the exact location of Mount Spaghetti on any given day makes it difficult to launch a recovery team. The raft dates from a time when a flood of beer from a beer volcano flooded the earth. The raft contains the sprig of parsley that the parrot, Crouton, carried to BlueBeard, the pirate who built the raft, thus signalling the end of the flood. I'm a little bit sketchy on the details of the flood, so maybe some other people can help fill in these facts. :fsm_smile:
WWFSM do?
PastaGoddess
Conchigliette Convert

sacred space

Postby NeferKa on Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:42 pm

Other religions have a history of requiring a pilgrimage to boost the economy of the place that the pilgrimage will be made. If we’re just going to go about assigning sacred value to spaces, then it doesn’t need to be just one place. Perhaps we need to start the FSM art movement and get architects in on this to design buildings in our style. Then people can come visit the buildings or see the FSM art. The tricky part comes in with only designating one holy place, which will lead to wars and stuff, which is rather yucky.

Why not just cast a circle of Italian herbs and seasoning and designate that a holy place?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore