Location of the Most Holy Lands of His Noodlyness?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:42 pm

I have to recommend Jerusalem.

There's so many religions claiming that place, something HAS to be goin' on, there. I personally think it's a dangerous and rather scrubby place to visit, but the image of a Pastafarian crusade sweeping down on the Promised Land in about five-hundred years tickles me for some reason.

It's amazing how many faiths have called dibs on Israel, aye? It's like a pizza at a weight-watchers' convention.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Pirat on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:43 pm

I nominate Umeå of Sweden.

Umeå is known as a student-city. Students (university students) in Sweden live mostly of noodles.

Sweden is the land of the meatballs.

And the stewed macaroni.

Do I really have to say more :compute: ?
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.
----------------------------------------------
Som nudlar från himmelen.
Pirat
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:21 am

Let's compromise. Is there a way we could move Sweden to Israel?

'Cos I know this one guy, an' he -
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:18 pm

or should we move isreal to sweden? what now, WHAT NOW????
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:55 pm

Come on, that would be silly.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:29 pm

obviously. but seriously, i don't think isreael is a good idea. we'd probably get shot down because of it. my vote is defintly for sweden or north western USA.

or maybe CANADA! canada has an abundance of mountians and trees, and for some reasen i believe it has an abundance of midgets! although i don't really know. theres no real link with pasta in canada, as far as i know, but then there isnt with sweden or nw USA.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:33 pm

Even better: Quebec. Because the Quebecois need huge numbers of Americans tramping through the streets more than any other Canadians.
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:47 pm

what do americans in Quebec have to do with the holy land?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Swashbuckler Saucy on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:29 pm

I'm going to pull a philosophical fast one and say that the best place to go on a holy pilgrimage is into one's soul. Plus it doesn't cost anyone any money to get there and I love the Saucy One and all but if its farther than $20 of gas will take me it's too far.
Mmmm, pasta.
Swashbuckler Saucy
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:26 am

What about people whose souls are in Quebec?
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Cerberus on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:16 am

Theres always the huge wasted expanses of Aus. Plenty of room for the population of Pastafarians. And there is a whole lot of places we could use as our harbour to hide the pirate ships. That and we have more alcohol than anywhere outside of russia.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:02 pm

hmm.... actually, i think this is all part of Cerberus's plot to not have to go anywhere for pilgramage.

"hm.. i'm bored. think I'll go for a holy pilgramage. OP! done."

very funny mister.

seriously though, although aus would be good, i think your describing heaven, not the beginnging of the world. although... if you have a chance to go to ayers rock, see if you can find a migit living there. and trees. mountinas trees midgit. we need that for our holy land.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Pirate Reggie on Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:10 pm

id like to say i agree with the above statement that the holy land is in fact mount olympus or sum other high mountain. Not only has this been a holy land for many ages but italie is in the medditeranean sea and the very first pirates were pirates of the medditeranean sea and raided the various countries there. Another possilbe location could be on land in the north west portion of the indian ocean because that to is were some of the first pirates were.
Pirate Reggie
Conchigliette Convert

Portsmouth

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:09 am

I'd like to nominate Portsmouth for that there Holy Land. The original Portsmouth in England not one that the yanks ave tried to copy and put New in front of!

My reason is _ I don't like holy lands very much and I don't much like Portsmouth either. The place is full of Sea Shanties, Tarts and Fish! :fsm_worried:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PrimeDjin on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 am

Naaah, Italy and Greece are nice countries and they can cook a mean spaghetti, but spaghetti and meatballs is mostly Americano food. They also (mostly) import their beer... ts ts ts

After thorough examination of the question, I am convinced that the country that is closest to His Noodliness is the Netherlands:

1) Excellent beer
2) Robust stripper industry
3) Long experience in stoner food - 'nough said.

I think I'm going worship up there this weekend... :worship:

PS. The Colosseum was slightly less holy than today's football stadiums; mount Olympus was never an Italian place of worship and the local delicacies are smoked sausages and goat cheese; yes, we shared the same pantheon with the Romans thousands of years ago...
PS2. Nobody in their right minds would place a cheerful wholesome religion as the FSM in Palestine, this drenched in blood, dry, thorny place, which cannot produce enough water to boil a handful of pasta...
I don't believe, I know
PrimeDjin
Maccheroncelli Missionary

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore