Location of the Most Holy Lands of His Noodlyness?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: sacred space

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:19 pm

NeferKa wrote:Why not just cast a circle of Italian herbs and seasoning and designate that a holy place?

personal alters? good idea.

as we've said before,

"The holy land is where you stand"
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Holy Space

Postby FUBARrrrrrgggg! on Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:43 pm

AARRGGHH! The holiest place I can think of is where I'm standing at any given moment. The FSM ( I call it ID) has bestowed upon me the ability of being the boy I was born to be. My body is my shrine, see photo on left, and I take it with me everywhere I go. ID is with me everywhere I go. Too many people impose their former Christian ideals on the FSM...holy place, chosen people, special holidays...Holy Cheses! Don't be shackeled by the idea this needs to be an organized religion. I think most of us are trying to escape that anyway. That's what's great about Pastafarianism, do what you want, think how you want to think and do what you want to do, as long as no others are harmed (Pirates have an exception for broadside boardings). I digress...My point is- celebrate what you are, where you are and don't worry, be happy. If you want to venture to some mystical spot in the name of religious duty, pick a nice vacation spot and go! I'll get off my soapbox now....FUBAR
Once I read of the evils of drinking-I gave up reading!
FUBARrrrrrgggg!
Ziti Zealot

Conundrum Of The Holy Lands

Postby RevParmesan on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:59 am

As we all pray RAmen... It makes me ponder the question about The Holy Ingredients. While spaghetti is in fact an Italian cuisine, noodles are not. I am more intact with believing that a Holy spot could be in Italy but it might be shadowed by the Vatican. Using some logical thought, let me envision a place that may be considered for your review.

A noodle is a thin strip of pasta, usually cut or extruded from some kind of dough. It is the basic unit in dishes like spaghetti, linguine, soba, and udon. The term often refers to moist, cooked pasta, since it has connotations of curviness and slipperiness, but also to dried noodles that must be reconstituted by boiling or soaking in water. The word noodle derives from Latin nodus (knot), via German "Nudel" (noodle, pasta).

The Chinese, Arab and Italian peoples all claimed to have been the first to create this string-like food, though the first written account of noodles is from the East Han Dynasty between 25 and 220 CE. In October 2005, the oldest noodles yet discovered were found at the Lajia site (Qijia culture) along the Yellow River in Qinghai, China. The 4000 year old noodles were made from millet.

So I will start with Qinghai in China.

A meatball is a generally spherical mass of minced meat and other ingredients, such as bread or breadcrumbs, minced onion, various spices or eggs, usually fried in a pan or baked in an oven. Except for size and shape, meatballs are very similar to meatloaf.

There are many kinds of meatball recipes using different kinds of meats and spices. While some meatballs are mostly made of meat and ingredients to cement the ball, other may include other ingredients. How one makes one's meatballs and which fat one fries them in depend as much on one's cultural background as on one's individual taste.

The ancient Roman cook-book author Apicius included many meat ball-type recipes.

So we now have China AND Italy...

Tomato sauce is a condiment made with tomatoes, and sometimes also ham, onions, basil, salt, oil, garlic, vodka and various spices. A few tomatoes are broiled, skinned and mixed with a small amount of chopped ham, onion and some salt, oil, basil and other spices. This mixture is boiled and passed through a sieve and a clove of garlic is added, but removed before the sauce is passed through the sieve.

The above description details one of literally hundreds of different ways a tomato sauce can be produced.

Marinara sauce (from Italian alla marinara 'sailor style') is another term for a simple tomato sauce for pasta made without meat and usually including tomatoes, onions and herbs. This strongly seasoned sauce is spicy, but not to the degree of fra diavolo. It can be used for any dish that requires tomato sauce, but is primarily for dipping.

Some Italian Americans use the term "gravy" to refer to tomato sauce. In many cases they do not use the word "sauce" at all when talking about what is typically referred to as "tomato sauce," using the term "gravy" exclusively.

Still we have China and Italy...

The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a plant in the Solanaceae or nightshade family, native to Central and South America, from Mexico to Peru. It is a short-lived perennial plant, grown as an annual plant, typically growing to 1-3 m tall, with a weakly woody stem that usually scrambles over other plants. The fruit is an edible, brightly colored (usually red, from the pigment lycopene) berry, 1-2 cm diameter in wild plants, commonly much larger in cultivated forms.

Now we have China, Italy, AND a large area between Mexico to Peru where the tomato is native.

Using a map of the world, I've constructed a triangle between China, Italy, and a point half way between Mexico and Peru. In the dead center of this triangle is Tunisia. Which by my own personal twist of luck is where the set that serves as the home of Luke Skywalker still stands to this day. The Sidi Driss Hotel as it's now called is in Matmata, Tunisia

So using logic(?) I would like to put forward The Sidi Driss Hotel in Matmata, Tunisia for consideration as a Holy Place. I wonder if they serve spaghetti?
The secret lies with the Nephilim...
Illuminations, Rev. Kenny
RevParmesan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby harris5 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:25 am

My votes are for the Carribean, after all, it was home to the greatest concentration of pirates history has yet seen. Other options are the Barbary coast and Indian Ocean, but I don't think either of those had as many pirates.

Second votes goes for Mt. Rainer also. It's a mountain, it's got trees, and I'm sure there's midgits somewhere in the vicinity. Plus I'm in Seattle and I'm selfish (loose moral standards, it's ok!)
:worship: :fsm_float:
rAmen!
harris5
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore