Some Early Beer History

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Some Early Beer History

Postby Sekhmet on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Beer is a very old creation and while some are now claiming that the Sumerians were the first at brewing it. (My educated guess.) It like wine, it will be finally traced to the far northern aspect of Iran AKA the Azerbaijan area today divided in two with part being an independent nation and the other part a state of Iran.
HOWEVER
It's importance and history in Ancient Egypt is well documented with stories, pictorial art, beer remains including factories, dumps of beer vessels and intact beer pots as well. It was offered to the many representations of the FSM of and from Ancient Egypt. We do know that by the 18th Dynasty there were sculptures and paintings of the great FSM (see post in the Art section of forum) with the Royal Family. It is even to be seen on the interior back of the throne found in King Tut's tomb in 1922.

As mentioned in an earlier post. Beer and Sekhmet have a real history together and her festivals particularly in Ancient Egypt were celebrated with mass consumption. By having Sekhmet get drunk on it. Mankind in the story was saved from her orders to destroy it by her father the angry Re (or as in the early appearance names of the FSM AKA the great meatball).

I offer this site as an offering of part of the great history of the FSM, and lore. Very nice site with a long list of Early Dynastic firsts from this once great city of the "Hawk"

Beer
"...Egypt's first industrial breweries. c. 3600 BC. It is estimated that this brewery could produce about 300 gallons of beer a day. At the rate, it could supply a daily ration for over 200 people, and so far only a small fraction of this quarter has been investigated...."

quoted from 1998-2002 Hierakonpolis Expedition http://www.hierakonpolis.org/firsts.html
Sekhmet the Right Hand and Daughter of the Egyptian God Re. Both a healer and destroyer, i love my daddy:)
Sekhmet
Ziti Zealot

ancient beer jar from Egypt

Postby Sekhmet on Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:45 pm

Sekhmet the Right Hand and Daughter of the Egyptian God Re. Both a healer and destroyer, i love my daddy:)
Sekhmet
Ziti Zealot

Return to Scripture and Lore