Concerns w/ the Beer Volcano.

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:22 am

I think that what the Beer Volcano actually implies is that once one enters heaven, one is filled with a constant feeling of well-being. The closest that Bobby Henderson could come to describing this, being limited to his own life experience, was to create an image of a continuous flow of uninhibited joy, much like how he personally might have felt if he had an eternal beer volcano.

In reality, it could be that any sort of beverage has nothing whatever to do with it. Only a perpetual feeling of flowing bliss.

Same thing with the Stripper Factory. I would be uncomfortable around a Stripper factory, because it is not my idea of happiness. If the FSM had come to me and projected the promise of heaven into my mind, it might have been a giant castle of creativity studios because bliss to me would be endlessly painting pictures and never worrying about paying for supplies or trying to sell them. This, of course, would not be everyone's bag.

Bobby is a Regular Joe. I think that's why the FSM chose him. I assume thay most regular Joes would love a beer volcano and stripper factory. For me it would be a wine fountain and art castle. In any case, when we're in the afterlife it likely wouldn't be a matter of the physical, but a spiritual state of bliss.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby boghog on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:50 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Bobby is a Regular Joe. I think that's why the FSM chose him. I assume thay most regular Joes would love a beer volcano and stripper factory. For me it would be a wine fountain and art castle. In any case, when we're in the afterlife it likely wouldn't be a matter of the physical, but a spiritual state of bliss.

And there's nothing to say that heaven doesn't have a wine fountain and art castle; the Open Letter says that heaven HAS a beer volcano and stripper factory, not that heaven IS a beer volcano and stripper factory.

Hooray for pluralism!
:D
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:00 pm

Oh, how right you are, m'good boghog!

A toast to pluralism!
:fsm_rock:

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:06 pm

my heaven involves no fatigue, no pain, and absoloutely no worries. nothing can go wrong, you don't need to eat or sleep, and nothing can harm you.

oh, and an endless carribean. :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:10 pm

That's pretty much how some people feel when they drink alcohol. (unless they're the paranoid type.) The danger is in the temptation to ignore the pains of real living and spend all your time drunk, which has the very real potential of destroying your body and your life.

In heaven you don't have a body or life to destroy. So you can go for full-time bliss if you like.

I would think that after a while it would get boring. Maybe there are alternatives. Maybe you can sign up for guardian angelship or something.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Guardian devilship for me... I can't stay out of the kitchen in real life, so why not in the afterlife? I'll help run the show down in the Bottomless Dishpit and the Ever-Burning Stoves and provide good-natured-yet-vicious taunting of the dishlicks.

Helps to work up a thirst for the Beer Volcano, which will NOT be alcoholic for me (but WILL be bliss inducing).
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:23 pm

I thought the dishpit had a bottom, and the whole point was that the dishlickers were IN the dishpit.

dishpit... dish... pit..... dip.... shi....

oh Doc, you sly B******.

but as for applying for guardian angel/devilship... I would imagine you could also apply for re-incarnation.

or maybe, for the uber-creative types, get godlike powers and get to create your own mini-world. like... seamonkeys, only... bigger.

or you could just play spore all day. hmm.... in heaven, you'd be able to get any video game for any console and it would never crash, because heaven is perfect, but you can't actually change how the game is played, so it wouldn't be completely easy. and there could be a never-ending lan party, or multiple lan parties. multi-player games over the internet NEVER get boring. unless theres only like, 4 people playing.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore