Concerns w/ the Beer Volcano.

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Concerns w/ the Beer Volcano.

Postby Amazing Larry on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:22 pm

Where does the beer come from, and is it imported?
Put down that Lil' Jon, pick up Charley Patton.
Start thinking Chicago, stop thinking Manhattan.

...and my name isn't really Amazing Larry.
Amazing Larry
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Amazing Larry on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 pm

A logistics problem indeed. I didn't know there were 87 kinds of Gatorade, I'm assuming some of them are exclusive to FSM heaven?
Put down that Lil' Jon, pick up Charley Patton.
Start thinking Chicago, stop thinking Manhattan.

...and my name isn't really Amazing Larry.
Amazing Larry
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Poincare's Stepchild on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:34 am

Personally, I always thought of it as just one Beer Volcano producing the Holy Brew. When the Holy Brew entered your vessel of choice, He would use his Noodly Apendage to turn the Holy Brew into your beverage of choice.

RAmen :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:
Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power
Power Corrupts
Corruption is a Crime
Crime doesn't Pay

So...If you read, you will go broke.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm:

TTFN
Poincare's Stepchild
Lord of Linguini

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:31 am

I like the idea of one volcano producing multiple varieties of beverage for the following reasons:

1. You don't have to go as far to find a volcano that produces the beverage you like.
2. you don't have to go to multiple volcanoes when you want to drink more than 1 type of beverage.
3. You can drink with your friends at the same volcano even if they don't drink the same beverage as you.

I'm hoping there's multiple of these volcanoes though - just so we can go on a volcano crawl whenever we have anything to celebrate.

Maybe there could also be volcanoes that produce only designer & imported beverages too. Just to give people that smug feeling of sophistication you get when you drink overpriced beer (even though it'll be free).

Looking forward to it.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Microbreweries.
:fsm_yarr::pirate_fish::pirate_fish::pirate_fish::fsm_yarr:
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:51 am

my vision of heaven, and therefore how it shall be for me, is that one half of it is land, with the pasta diner, volcano, factory, ect. to the north is a huge mountain/volcano range of, you guessed it; beer. with one main volcano of course. then the other half is an endless carribean where you can pillage and plunder all you want, and theres a hella lotta cool hiding coves and such.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby NeferKa on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:51 am

I personally haven’t given much thought to the beer volcano because I figure I will get to see it for myself after I die, and that’s soon enough. I do like Poincare's Stepchild’s take on the multiple flavors from one location. That makes it more miraculous, and I’m also rather lazy and would rather not walk across a mountain range to get to the beer I like.

Also, the dill/mint Gatorade sounds horrifying. I don’t drink sports drinks very much, and when I have, they leave much to be desired.
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:04 am

(this is all my opinion and belief on heaven) oh don't worry, the biggest volcano is extremely easy to get to. it's just if you want to climb some other volcanos and get something like those 'expensive' free beers, you can. and remember, there is no fatigue in heaven. well.. you can wear camo if you want, but you never get tired or sick or anything. you aren't immidiately strong, but you're healthy and can excercise literally constantly. so climbing the mountians would only take time. but you've got all the time in heaven. :wink:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby kat on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:39 am

now, see, I just thought it produced a beer that was so wonderful we all would prefer it over any earthly delights.....that it is "beer" only in the most subjective of senses, being, in reality, an ambrosial other that does not exist in the material realm.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 am

but whatif you don't like beer, hmm? thats why an elixir liquid which instantly becomes whatever you want when it touches your mouth or enters your cup or something. perhaps its whoevers holding the cup... so say singidunum is holding a cup of the liquid, and its some kind of czech beer, then I grab the cup, and its barqs!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby boghog on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:07 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:but whatif you don't like beer, hmm?

I once read a line in a homebrewing book that went something like this:

"It's not that you don't like beer; you just haven't found a beer you like yet. There's so much variety in the spectrum of beer that saying 'I don't like beer' is like saying 'I don't like food'."
Now Hypercaffeinated! Share and Enjoy!

Keep Saturn in Saturnalia!

You catch more flies with BS than you do with honey.
boghog
Lord of Linguini

Postby kat on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:13 pm

but whatif you don't like beer, hmm?

As I said, it is only beer in the most subjective of senses. We could call it potable lava. It is just liquid deliciousness.

I had a dream. My dream said this was so.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:33 pm

yay for dreams!

I imagine that heaven will be different for everyone, yet one place... confusing to think about, but really simple in practice.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby NeferKa on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:32 am

This is why our religion is so awesome: here we are discussing the nature of beer that comes from a volcano in the afterlife! Thank you for sharing, everyone!

Now, will there be other beverages in the afterlife that don’t come from volcanoes, or will we enjoy the volcano drinks so much there is no need for non-lava-liquids?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:59 am

How about an espresso waterfall? Just a thought.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Caffeine
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Goat Starer on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:49 am

So long as it ain't that gnats wee you Americans have the nerve to call Budweiser I am not bothered!
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Next

Return to Scripture and Lore