a pronoun for FSM

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Pronoun

Postby PeterS on Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:55 pm

FUBARrrrrrgggg! wrote:AARRGGHH, me matey's: My vote is for "ID". The one true Intelligent Designer. Short, sweet, non-gender specific. And since when do Pirates care what it may mean in other languages? All for ID, ID for all!...FUBAR

ID is good, I admit. Particularly now when Kansas approved Intelligent Design :mrgreen:
PeterS
Ziti Zealot

Postby PragmaticallyWyrd on Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:15 pm

Yeah, "ID" or "Id" could be pretty good. Note that "id" is also Freud's word to refer to the unconscious, and I'm pretty sure "id" literally translates to "it in Latin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego,_Superego_and_Id
--
Furry cows moo and decompress.
PragmaticallyWyrd
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Devout to Spaghetti on Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:28 am

If the pronoun's gonna be int'l, then ch is impossible because many languages (e.g. Hawai'ian, Latin, Arapaho, etc.) have neither a ch, an sh, or a tsh (tsh makes the sames sound as ch).

If it weren't int'l though, then "the" would be the most logical choice. It would be pronounced with a th like in "with" and an e like in "he". It would be "the" because "the" is the Greek root that means god/deity. A sexless deity would be "thit", a male deity would be "the", and a female deity would be "theem".

He/him/his, she/her/her, and it/it/its would be the/thim/this, theem/ther/ther, and thit/thit/thits, respectively. "Thit" does not refer to an object, but to a sexless deity, like the Christian/Hebrew/Muslim God (in some portrayals), or the FSM.
Devout to Spaghetti
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore