ATTN: All Authors of the Loose Canon Second Edition

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: ATTN: All Authors of the Loose Canon Second Edition

Postby Dechujoh64 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:47 am

For
Roland Deschain wrote:I'm still here. Just. I also contributed two pieces of scripture for the second edition, although I am not listed in the above second edition list, Dechujoh64. I also believe there are less real people in that list than you think. :haha:

Here is the List re-Stated, saying whom wrote something in BOTH and those whom only have writin' in the 2nd edition.

Here is the entire list of authors of the Loose Canon.(anyone that I know that are still here. I have underlined and italicized.)
This first group of people listed here are from the 1st edition and 2nd edition.

St John the Blasphemist
MonkeysInACan aka Captain Chris Taylor
Tigger_the_Wing
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Solipsy
Platypus Enthusiast aka Captain Jeff the Mishunairee
DaveL
David D
Warlord of Elephants
Roland Deschain

Pious Pirate aka Tupi
Pedantic Pastrian Priest aka Thrippy
Qwertyuiopasd
Ham Nox

fusiontortellini
Skylow
Barbarian
supercheetah
Pterorhynchus
Captin Redbeard Scurvydog
Alpaca

Daniel(Your blinded by faithfully)
Adam
Dexter
Robert W
Steph
Auntie Dee Dee(unkown)
Disco
Roderick Alan King
Jeff
Roy Hunter
St. Jason
Edd
Almighty Doer of Stuff

PragmaticallyWyrd
5m4r7_m4y8e_g3n1u5
wlrube
HisVoice
EriePirate
Swatopluk
amenabletopasta
teripie
Pirate Reggie
Tall John Silver
Tristan the Martyr
Ichiban Bach
Lady Voldything
Ushnor
Father Jerome
Clachair
Ubi Dubius
Nef Yoo Blackbeard
Detective TurtleHomes
Iylana23
In Altissimus
bonsiakc
Verbtea
Omar Ravenhurst
Erin,
Instant Noodles
Steve
Rasti
_Tex_
soyastuff
NickNasty
kaioshin00
DHR
ke_mikiao
Cardinal Rigatoni
Garlic
PastaDisciple
sonofajoiner
Shoeman
NoodleNet
black bart
Ditalini Diva
Roland Deschain
Cosmo Tautology
Aba Sababa
Bobby Henderson

Most of the people are (just) from the Pastalms, or REVELATIONS 1: BOOK OF REVEALED CRAPOLA, or The Book of ProvHerbs.
They may or may not be here at the forums.

ALSO, most of the people that I have seen like to stay in other sections rather than the scripture and lore pages.

This second group of people listed here are from the 2nd edition ONLY.
Rev. Daniel Scott
Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie. aka the dark noodle

Snacky
Alien Soda Jerk
Pope Dechujoh(64)(me)

juicegiver/ Vasudera Torrent(KOed)
TDKs
Newland/Harris/Camero
SandyHook
Cynicus
Peregrinans
Ricky brown
Eendje
Pastalogist
The Good Reverend Roger
linguistjake
Pirate Terramort
Pirate Priest
Treecosys
jacob0211
Scruffy05
Medusa Maro
Cap’n Pizzocchero
Pastafarisme Marseillais
m610
Paul

More may still be here from these 2 lists that I have not met yet. (and yes I NOW realize that many of those listed are one off people BUT... still they did write something in the loose canon.)
hopes this helps and may the pasta be with you.
RAmen.

I hope this will clarify a few things.
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby peacefulsongs on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:00 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:I'll be happy to take any credit for other people's submissions if that will help :whistle:

CF

Your willingness to make things happen for our noodley Lord will be remembered when they read the Loose Canon 400 years from now.
peacefulsongs
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Nancy Delia on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:I'll be happy to take any credit for other people's submissions if that will help :whistle:

CF

peacefulsongs wrote:Yes it would.

peacefulsongs wrote:Your willingness to make things happen for our noodley Lord will be remembered when they read the Loose Canon 400 years from now.

what was this all about?
Cardinal Fang wrote:Have any of the Council of Olive Garden complained to Amazon yet about intellectual property theft - after all, as the compilers of the Loose Canon they surely have some say (I'm presuming that by submitting entries to it, individual Pastafarians are giving the Council of Olive Garden permission to use it and publish it - might be worth checking).

Also worth anyone who's work is in the Loose Canon reporting it to Amazon - after all the original authors still hold the copyright, even if they've given the Council of Olive Garden permission to use their work.

Alternatively - could we persuade Bobby Henderson to jump in. He, afterall, does own the original rights to the FSM and presumably could say that this edition, featuring the FSM, has been published without his permission.

Procedure for reporting IP theft to Amazon is here

CF

i'm starting to smell some bs.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller
Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:

CF

peacefulsongs wrote:Your willingness to make things happen for our noodley Lord will be remembered when they read the Loose Canon 400 years from now.

what was this all about?

The short version is that someone joined here, saw the Loose Cannon and decided to sell it for profit. This is despite the fact the Loose Cannon was intended to be distributed free of charge to anyone that wanted it. By claiming other peoples' work as their own and selling it this poster was not only breaking copyright law but also being fundamentally dishonest.

Imagine you spent time and effort putting together an explanation of what the FSM is, the message behind Pastafarianism and a history of our religion. It might well take you a hundred hours to get sorted, checked, proofread, altered, re-checked and perfected. You then decide to share that with anyone that wants it in the spirit of Pastafarianism. How would you feel if someone took your work, passed it off as their own and tried to make money from it?

Nancy Delia wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:Have any of the Council of Olive Garden complained to Amazon yet about intellectual property theft - after all, as the compilers of the Loose Canon they surely have some say (I'm presuming that by submitting entries to it, individual Pastafarians are giving the Council of Olive Garden permission to use it and publish it - might be worth checking).

Also worth anyone who's work is in the Loose Canon reporting it to Amazon - after all the original authors still hold the copyright, even if they've given the Council of Olive Garden permission to use their work.

Alternatively - could we persuade Bobby Henderson to jump in. He, afterall, does own the original rights to the FSM and presumably could say that this edition, featuring the FSM, has been published without his permission.

CF

What is 'bs'? That a former poster claimed other peoples' intellectual property as their own? That is true. That the former poster published other peoples' work as their own in an attempt to profit from it? That is also true. That none of the actual authors (the people that wrote the intellectual property) consented to their work being published for a former poster's profit? That is also true. I fail to see where any 'bs' is.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

The great thing about Beaker is his ability to provoke while still being decorous, or at least within acceptable rules of conduct - Qwertyuiopasd
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Nancy Delia on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:50 pm

daftbeaker wrote:The short version is that someone joined here, saw the Loose Cannon and decided to sell it for profit. This is despite the fact the Loose Cannon was intended to be distributed free of charge to anyone that wanted it. By claiming other peoples' work as their own and selling it this poster was not only breaking copyright law but also being fundamentally dishonest.

Imagine you spent time and effort putting together an explanation of what the FSM is, the message behind Pastafarianism and a history of our religion. It might well take you a hundred hours to get sorted, checked, proofread, altered, re-checked and perfected. You then decide to share that with anyone that wants it in the spirit of Pastafarianism. How would you feel if someone took your work, passed it off as their own and tried to make money from it?

i know about all of that. i own a copy of this book and i have been reading the reviews/comments on amazon. you are talking about Eric Whitfield or "peacefulsongs". (i'm assuming that is the same person based upon what i have been reading in here.) i know all of that. that is not what i was questioning.

daftbeaker wrote:What is 'bs'? That a former poster claimed other peoples' intellectual property as their own? That is true. That the former poster published other peoples' work as their own in an attempt to profit from it? That is also true. That none of the actual authors (the people that wrote the intellectual property) consented to their work being published for a former poster's profit? That is also true. I fail to see where any 'bs' is.

i wasn't referring to any of that. what is cardinal fang's role in all of this? that is the bs that i was referring to.

Read this.

CF

it is the 12th post in this thread. it is the 12th post in the thread titled, "ATTN: All Authors of the Loose Canon Second Edition".
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby daftbeaker on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:What is 'bs'? That a former poster claimed other peoples' intellectual property as their own? That is true. That the former poster published other peoples' work as their own in an attempt to profit from it? That is also true. That none of the actual authors (the people that wrote the intellectual property) consented to their work being published for a former poster's profit? That is also true. I fail to see where any 'bs' is.

i wasn't referring to any of that. what is cardinal fang's role in all of this? that is the bs that i was referring to.

Read this.

CF

it is the 12th post in this thread. it is the 12th post in the thread titled, "ATTN: All Authors of the Loose Canon Second Edition".

I will leave it to the unexpected Cardinal to explain herself but the way that I interpreted it (and I assume everyone else did, given the lack of outcry on here) is that Cardinal Fang was willing to act on other peoples' behalf so that there wasn't every author complaining and talking at cross-purposes. This would have been especially appreciated when several of the authors had stressful situations in real life and couldn't spare the time to deal with someone stealing their work.

Just so you're aware, I've been a member here for around 6 years now. In all that time I have never seen Cardinal Fang behave even slightly inappropriately, unethically or immorally (whereas I have frequently launched into offensive drunken rants). I find it incredibly difficult to believe her comfy-chair-ness has done anything that could be considered 'bs'. Qwerty on the other hand... :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

The great thing about Beaker is his ability to provoke while still being decorous, or at least within acceptable rules of conduct - Qwertyuiopasd
daftbeaker

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:

CF

what was this all about?

CF

Ummm , the cardinal was being humourous , the smell is not real .
In fact , given the context , the cardinal's quip is ironically funny in a slightly twisted fashion .

Young jedi , there is much you are not aware of .
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Nef Yoo? Is that you?

Gosh, you sound almost like a responsible adult when you write this stuff.

rrrrrrrrrrrrr
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Nancy Delia on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:57 pm

daftbeaker wrote:I will leave it to the unexpected Cardinal to explain herself but the way that I interpreted it (and I assume everyone else did, given the lack of outcry on here) is that Cardinal Fang was willing to act on other peoples' behalf so that there wasn't every author complaining and talking at cross-purposes. This would have been especially appreciated when several of the authors had stressful situations in real life and couldn't spare the time to deal with someone stealing their work.

Just so you're aware, I've been a member here for around 6 years now. In all that time I have never seen Cardinal Fang behave even slightly inappropriately, unethically or immorally (whereas I have frequently launched into offensive drunken rants). I find it incredibly difficult to believe her comfy-chair-ness has done anything that could be considered 'bs'. Qwerty on the other hand... :haha:

that sounds pretty reasonable to me. we'll see what cardinal fang says about it.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby StJason on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:02 am

I'm still around, FWIW.

...you might want to post the list to the two Facebook groups, as that is where most of the action these days seems to be...
---
Darwin's Purge, verse 39.

You know the thing that I hate about these .sigblocks? Never have a good idea what to put in them.
StJason
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Location: Sacramento, California, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:Ummm , the cardinal was being humourous , the smell is not real .
In fact , given the context , the cardinal's quip is ironically funny in a slightly twisted fashion .

Basically that - I was being flippant and sarcastic - hence the :whistle: at the end.

For reference, so I can go back to being my bitter and twisted self, I do not approve of, or condone any form of intellectual property theft (i.e. some git stealing the Loose Canon and selling for their own profit).

Now that's sorted, back to the sex and violence...

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Addition - I do not have any writings incorporated into the Loose Canon, so I cannot as a result make a direct complaint for copyright theft myself. However as many others do have a just right to do so (the authors of the Loose Canon, and it's compilers, The Council of Olive Garden), that is the reason why I posted information about how they might enter a formal complaint to Amazon against the person who illegally published the Loose Canon without and authority.

However, I appreciate that not all of the authors might have time etc to deal with individual complaints themselves, but the rules do allow for them to officially appoint someone to do so on their behalf if they wish (and I'm not suggesting anyone appoint me BTW - I have enough to do with torturing heretics with soft cushions, flinging badgers with trebuchet, and training my army of attack slugs for my world domination attempt), but perhaps if someone, say a Member of the Council of Olive Garden, chose to coordinate responses and actions, it would be allowable.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:Now that's sorted, back to the sex and violence...

When is this happening? I must have missed that evil moderator memo :haha:

daftbeaker

Postby Nancy Delia on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote: back to the sex and violence...

CF

daftbeaker wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:Now that's sorted, back to the sex and violence...

When is this happening? I must have missed that evil moderator memo :haha:

you guys are thinking about a different religion.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Monobaz on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Nef Yoo BlackBeard wrote:
Nancy Delia wrote:

CF

what was this all about?

CF

Ummm , the cardinal was being humourous , the smell is not real .

Yes Nef Yoo, or is it that only a sanctimonious prat would insinuate the revered Cardinal Fang might be on the take.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green
Monobaz
Bucatini Buccanneer

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore