The Pasta Lord's Prayer

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

karaoke99
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:20 am

The Pasta Lord's Prayer

Postby karaoke99 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:23 am

"Oh Penne which art in Stripper Factory and Beer Volcano Heaven, meaty be thy balls. Thy midgit come, thy sauce be yum. Thy will be done in marinara as it is in alfredo. Give us this day our daily garlic bread. And forgive us pirates our trespasses, as we forgive them pirates that trespass against us. And lead us into temptation, and deliver us some pizza. RAmen."

Edited: removed the word "not" from "And lead us not into temptation", and capitalized the "A" in "RAmen".
Author of The Pasta Lord's Prayer
aka Snicklefritz at AN

Noodlyoodly
Fusilli Fuselier
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Great Prayer!

Postby Noodlyoodly » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:39 am

Karaoke99, that is great! Thanks for my first laugh of the day! :lol:
The pasta is the life.

In Pastalidarity, NOOOD

User avatar
gnoodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:58 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: The Pasta Lord's Prayer

Postby gnoodles » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:43 pm

karaoke99 wrote:"Oh Penne which art in Stripper Factory and Beer Volcano Heaven, meaty be thy balls. Thy midgit come, thy sauce be yum. Thy will be done in marinara as it is in alfredo. Give us this day our daily garlic bread. And forgive us pirates our trespasses, as we forgive them pirates that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us some pizza. Ramen."


Oops, one minor error, the second to last line is properly "And lead us into temptation". How else will we excercise our Flimsy Moral Standards?
Help create the Holy Cookbook of Pastafarianism

User avatar
Omnieiunium
Site Admin<br>Controls your forum life
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Omnieiunium » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:47 pm

That is brilliant mate. Someone really needs to start collecting these and making a big list.
Omnieiunium
-Original Forum Admin
-Long-time Pastafarian
-Former-Administration Dude with Auntie DD
-Taking a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation that may never end

Sheana
Maccheroncelli Missionary
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Northampton, MA
Contact:

Postby Sheana » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:04 pm

Genius! I posted it at Al Dente with a coupla minor edits:

And lead us into temptation. But deliver us some pizza. Ramen


I changed the "temptation. But" to "temptation, and" and capitalized the "a" in Ramen. Hope that's okay (let me know if you prefer it the other way, and I'll switch it back). :D

karaoke99
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:20 am

Postby karaoke99 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Sheana wrote:Genius! I posted it at Al Dente with a coupla minor edits:

And lead us into temptation. But deliver us some pizza. Ramen


I changed the "temptation. But" to "temptation, and" and capitalized the "a" in Ramen. Hope that's okay (let me know if you prefer it the other way, and I'll switch it back). :D

D'OH!!! I keep forgetting the Flimsy Moral Standards...DAMN THIS PURITAN UPBRINGING!

And of course it is RAmen. Thank you for the edits. :D

By the way, Gnoodles didn't write it (as you mentioned in the blog post), I did. :) Can you name credit me as Snicklefritz, please? That is the name I go by at the Atheist Network. Though it appears I am an atheist no longer.
Author of The Pasta Lord's Prayer
aka Snicklefritz at AN

User avatar
gnoodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:58 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Postby gnoodles » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:47 pm

karaoke99 wrote:D'OH!!! I keep forgetting the Flimsy Moral Standards...DAMN THIS PURITAN UPBRINGING!

And of course it is RAmen. Thank you for the edits. :D

By the way, Gnoodles didn't write it (as you mentioned in the blog post), I did. :)


That was probably my fault. In retrospect, my comment does read like I'm correcting my own work. But no, all credit lies with K99. I was just pointing out a minor error he made while transcribing his divine revelation. And a great revelation it was, too.
Help create the Holy Cookbook of Pastafarianism

User avatar
gnoodles
Cavatappi Cabin Boy
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:58 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Postby gnoodles » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:21 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Did y'all get midget with one I and one E?


Yes, but the Holy Midgit is spelled with two i's, as per His Bobbyness.
Image
Help create the Holy Cookbook of Pastafarianism

Sheana
Maccheroncelli Missionary
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Northampton, MA
Contact:

Postby Sheana » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:04 pm

karaoke99 wrote:
Sheana wrote:Genius! I posted it at Al Dente with a coupla minor edits:

And lead us into temptation. But deliver us some pizza. Ramen


I changed the "temptation. But" to "temptation, and" and capitalized the "a" in Ramen. Hope that's okay (let me know if you prefer it the other way, and I'll switch it back). :D

D'OH!!! I keep forgetting the Flimsy Moral Standards...DAMN THIS PURITAN UPBRINGING!

And of course it is RAmen. Thank you for the edits. :D

By the way, Gnoodles didn't write it (as you mentioned in the blog post), I did. :) Can you name credit me as Snicklefritz, please? That is the name I go by at the Atheist Network. Though it appears I am an atheist no longer.


Absolutely, I'll change it to Snicklefritz right away. RAmen, and again, cheers on the excellent prayer :)

User avatar
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:39 am
Location: Guarding the Sanctity of His Pirate Temple
Contact:

Postby Cerberus » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:42 pm

Prayer Book ahoy! However why do we have to copy Christianity in the shape of mimicking their prayer, couldn't we do something a little more funky? Maybe put it to the tune of something more new age? Methinks we could be inventive.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

User avatar
The Cheat
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Postby The Cheat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:02 am

At the end of every sentence, we need to say... hit me!
Image


Return to “Scripture and Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron