Note: Christian theorizing, not Pastafarian

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Riki on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:54 pm

If a man resists the natural urge to cultivate moral and ethical qualities the result is disorder of soul and mind. A man can so distort his perceptual growth as to remain ever either an intellectual dwarf or an indecisive retardation.
If the reasoning does emanate from an orderly mind - will not surely grasp the beauty of ethics.

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article12431.htm
Riki
Ziti Zealot

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Riki wrote:If a man resists the natural urge to cultivate moral and ethical qualities the result is disorder of soul and mind.

I disagree. I don't think the urge to cultivate moral and ethical qualities is natrual. I think ethics and morals are mad-made concepts generated so that we can exist semi-peacefully in an advanced society. I say advanced because I mean a society with intelligent thought and language, as opposed to a society of monkeys or some other primate.

the only reason we have ethics and morals is because we have an advanced society, which isn't natrual either.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby onlinebiker on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:28 pm

darren996 wrote:Sometimes you have to find your own way in the dark...

"The illusion of the seventh veil was the illusion that you could get somebody else to do it for you. To think for you. To hang on your cross. The priest, the rabbi, the inam, the swami, the philosophical novelist were traffic cops, at best. They might direct you through a busy intersection, but the wouldn't follow you home and park your car."

-- Tom Robbins from "Skinny Legs and All'

Biker
>fine print>>>> the management takes no responsibility for the content or conduct of the above posts.... They should not be construed as legal advice, and should not be used as such. Contact your lawyer, and consult with them before taking any advice given on this board......Objects in this mirror, are stranger than they seem...void where prohibited by law... batteries not included... some assembly required....your mileage may vary...
onlinebiker
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore