Dunkin, the Angel

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby darren996 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:31 am

Damn straight! Krispy Kreme rocks! :fsm_rock:
Suspicion breeds confidence!
darren996
The Pan

Postby LibraLabRat on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:02 am

I do not eat them anymore, unfortunately.

There is a little donut shop down the road that has a HUGE bag of Day Olds for a buck fifty....and apple fritters the size of a hubcap.

Anyone realize that funnel cakes look like his Noodlyness?
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Alpaca on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Funnel cakes rock. Unfortunately, the only place I know of that sells them is the overpriced food stand at the local theme park, though I'm not particularly well-versed in Tampa-funnel-cake culture.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:06 pm

Doughnuts are mentioned several times in the Canonical ProvHerbs:

"10and some hours later a platter of doughnuts was brought forth.

11Finally, it was the scribe’s turn to speak. “O Wise Ones, I present to you the wisdom of the Pastafarian Believers, which I have gathered as you have asked.â€￾

12“Didst thee also check it for spelling errors?â€￾ the elders asked of her.

13She hung her head in shame. “No, I did not.â€￾ 14A great cry came issued from among them, and the doughnuts were removed.

15“Check these documents and bring them back in suitable condition that we may sort them and adjudicate them as worthy for inclusion in our Holy Book!â€￾ they yelled. 16The scribe left without her treasured doughnut, muttering words forever lost to history.

17For many more days and nights she toiled, chiseling out the bad spellings and grammar, 18and sorting the advice of the inspired Pastafarians into broad categories so that the Council would look upon her with favor. 19The scribe was determined that when next she brought the texts before the council, the doughnut of crème filling and chocolate-frosted top would be her prize."

That last one sounds like an eclaire. Yum....
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:22 pm

Chocolate and doughnuts. Put the two together and you can write all night.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Re: Dunkin, the Angel

Postby Duke on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:52 pm

L.S.S. wrote:And lo, an Angel was sent onto the Pastafarians, a Messenger from the Noodly One- and His name was Dunkin.

To the Pastafarians He bestows this message: "Lo, let it be known that Donuts are good. And Ye shall Enjoy Them all The Days of Thy Life that Thou may make it to a Bakery before the Breakfast Hour."

-Yarr, spelling be not everything.

This be a little tough for me

I can't get me donuts every day, yarr, I have no convenient bakery, garr..............

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:50 am

I think that since it is:
"Ye shall Enjoy Them all The Days of Thy Life that Thou may make it to a Bakery before the Breakfast Hour"
then we're okay, since I very rarely make it out anywhere before the breakfast hour.

Still, we can remember the doughnut and to keep it holey.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Duke on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Oi will remember the donut, wishing oi had one.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore