The 10 Commandments

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The 10 Commandments

Postby Darth Fnord on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:59 am

Allthough they are ignored these days, I feel that we should go back to the OLD ways of Pastafarianism, and that includes the above (as well as what is written in the Pastapocrypha)

Here they are, transcribed into English from Bucatini, which had been transcribed from Gemelli. Before Gemelli it was written in Eliche, Lumache and Tagliarini. Only the very oldest known, written in Farfalle, is assumed to be the most accurate, but since Farfalle is a dead language (replaced by Tagliarini), no one really knows exactly what it says, but a close guess and some heavy-handed interpretations that change from person to person work best.

edit - I will admit that NO ONE really understands #8. It's best left up to sages.
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Fnord!
Darth Fnord
Conchigliette Convert

Postby _Tex_ on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:06 am

i can dig the effort and all, but you might want to read the SUGGESTIONS which had already been agreed upon in the holy writings arena. I think it was in scriptures. They kinda were a bit more useful, and were less insulting.

I like the enthusiasm Darth Fnord I really do. But we've kinda had this whole religion going on for some time now and to have a newbie roll in and try and tell us what our commandments (after we had gone ahead and ditched commandments in favour of suggestions) are, obviously without having done any research, is a bit of bad form on said newbies part really.

Hang in there, do some reading, hang out and get a feel for things..... then maybe make contributions to scripture.

and hey- welcome to the forums.
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Tickle on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:54 pm

With suggestions the flimsy morals can be even more flimsy...

... I, and I expect you too, don't like being commanded to do stuff.
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Here's a link to the Suggestions thread:
http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1614

Perhaps you could alter your fine artistic effort to include these. Since they are suggestions, maybe they shouldn't be written in stone. Maybe in sponge for increased flexibilty?
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby celtic_mike on Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:14 pm

And also it might be considered that our flimsy moral standards even encompass those crazy vegetarians...so the commandment with beef in red, clam in white might be edited....and people wioth shellfish allergens might have something against it
Religion, Reason, Bible
"My Dear Lady, I may be drunk and in the morning I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly" Winston Churchill
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:26 pm

DEATH TO IX. DIVERSITY IN SAUCE.
:fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tickle on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:29 pm

AND FREEDOM TO BE VEGITARIAN WITHOUT PISSING PEOPLE OFF!
:fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry: :fsm_angry:
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby celtic_mike on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:10 pm

Ticle, if that was directed towards my "crazy vegetarins" comment, yeah, thats was a joke soo.....yeah
Otherwise, flame on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fsm_angry:
Religion, Reason, Bible
"My Dear Lady, I may be drunk and in the morning I'll be sober, but you will still be ugly" Winston Churchill
celtic_mike
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:56 pm

X is also not very Pastafarian, as it discourages thinking. However, I rather like VI. Maybe it's just because of the people I've dated.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby ke_mikiao on Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:17 pm

i kind of like 8 myself....do pictures count as a witness? or would i need several witnesses?
"The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head."

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Kay, Men in Black
ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Return to Scripture and Lore