Gasp! Conflict involving the beer volcano!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby kegsie on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:49 pm

_Tex_ wrote:duke- what i meant was that to make it easier in any way, particulalry if it is making it easier for illegal immigrants to claim legal status would result in a massive flood of illegal immigration. All those people have to be dealt with by someone, fed, sheltered, clothed, processed etc. then once they get into society it is the same thing.

Perhaps they should do what they do with Refugees in Oz, with providing temp housing, english classes and help them get jobs and otherwise help them fit in.

Of course Australia does not have much in the way of illegal immigration, seeing as Australia is an island and you would have to be desperate to cross indonesian waters in a boat, with the Pirates and general weather conditions.
"Nail some sense into him!!!!!!!"
kegsie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby zaphod7342 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:50 am

The beer that flows thru the glorious "Tap Of Hoppy Goodness" will always(by noodly providence) taste like whatever ale, lager,stout or pilser you so desire at the time of consumption -INEBRIATION 4:16
zaphod7342
Conchigliette Convert

Postby dfrb26dett on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:24 am

Being fully aware that our holy noodleness provides us with the heavenly beer volcano I must then ask the next logical question, what about the pretzels?
dfrb26dett
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Alpaca wrote:There's a $200 processing fee to even file your preliminary application. Not because it costs nearly that much to process it, but because they want to weed out the poor people.

That's CHEAP. Canadian processing is closer to $1000 (I think it's even more for an out-of-country application), and if you're in-country, you'd better have came in on a work visa, because otherwise you're stuck doing SFA for the year it takes to process the paperwork. Visitors on a student visa have about 6 weeks from graduating to get work IN THEIR FIELD OF STUDY before we ship them back. That can be a stretch sometimes... it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work visa processed, and most companies aren't willing to wait that long to hire. Add in the interview/offer process and you're down to about two weeks to get hired after you graduate. Oh, and expect to get paid MUCH less than a Canadian resident, because they've got you over a barrel.

Once you've got landed immigrant status and some Canadian work experience, wages go up a little, provided you can find an employer that will hire minorities. Most of the very 'multicultural' companies offer cutline wages. :x
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby onlinebiker on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:17 pm

Regarding beer, heaven, and intoxication.

I really think that Ben Frankilin should be nominated for FSM sainthood........

"Beer is God's way of letting us know he loves us, and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin.

Biker
>fine print>>>> the management takes no responsibility for the content or conduct of the above posts.... They should not be construed as legal advice, and should not be used as such. Contact your lawyer, and consult with them before taking any advice given on this board......Objects in this mirror, are stranger than they seem...void where prohibited by law... batteries not included... some assembly required....your mileage may vary...
onlinebiker
Ziti Zealot

Postby beagle on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:07 am

onlinebiker wrote:I really think that Ben Frankilin should be nominated for FSM sainthood........

"Beer is God's way of letting us know he loves us, and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin.

Absolutely, and A.E.Housman should be a candidate too...

"And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to man.
Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think:
Look into the pewter pot
To see the world as the world's not."

It's as if he knew me...
beagle
Brewmeister

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore