forgiveness

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

forgiveness

Postby _Tex_ on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:39 am

It is said that if you have done bad things, harmed others intentionally and the like that you do not become a 'customer' of heaven (with strippers and beer volcanos) but rather one of the 'staff'. What if you did do bad things but then realised you had done bad things and then tried your best to fly right from then on.
Does one have to seek forgiveness for past transgressions or is it forgiven through the realisation and the subsequent efforts?
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Solipsy on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:12 am

Does one have to seek forgiveness for past transgressions or is it forgiven through the realisation and the subsequent efforts?

I'm mildly confused by your question... are you asking if one must go about righting one's past offenses once one has come to realize them? Well that would be terrific, wouldn't it? Sure to gain extra-lovely strippers and extra tasty beer!

If one were to at least acknowledge one's previous mistakes and right one's course from there, that would at least be better than most wrong-doers have managed.

Are you asking if, for instance, one did something that hurt another and one ought to apologize? Certainly! Whether to forgive is always up to the other person. To apologize and amend is within the power of the offender. To accept is at the discretion of the offended.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby _Tex_ on Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 pm

I dont mean from the people wronged, i mean from FSM, and to get into the heaven on the right side of the counter. Since the realisation this person has done everything they can to be a good person and live right and although they never actually broke their own morals, others got hurt. But they changed their ways, and ate their pasta and became a good friend, a protector of their loved ones and an all round straight up person. Is this change enough?
I would like to think the FSM was a great enough monster to recognise the efforts and sacrifices made during this change and take this into account, that this would be penance enough. But i thought for the sake of this hypothetical person that i should clarify the point.
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Solipsy on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:09 pm

It can't hurt to ask for a little forgiveness, but belief doesn't determine one's place in heaven - content of character does. One's ability to see one's own mistakes and change one's ways is rare indeed! I've never personally met the Big Monster, but all the ancient source texts would lead to the conjecture that the exercise of the rare gift of self-appraisal on this level would absolutely be taken into account!
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby _Tex_ on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:12 pm

thank you
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to Scripture and Lore