Loose Canon on Google Books

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Loose Canon on Google Books

Postby TheReview on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 pm

So, I wanted to add my pdf copy of Google Books, but it turns out that they don't allow that. :furious:

The only way for it to be on Google Books would be to have the owner of the book add it as a publisher. So, I was going to possibly email the High Priest Bobby Henderson and request that this happen, but I wanted to see if anyone else would want this to happen first.

May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage. :fsm_float: R'Amen.

black bart wrote:why isn't there a noodle key on my keyboard!!!
TheReview
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Loose Canon on Google Books

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 pm

As far as I know, the Loose Canon is purely a community project, and Bobby has no input into it. Many of its pieces came from this forum, with the rest originating from other Pastafarians, so this would put the ownership of it into the hands of I know not who. Platypus Enthusiast collates all the pieces of scripture for it, so I suppose he would be the place to start for information on whatever you want to do.

As clarification, I don't think I fully understand you. Do you mean that you want to put The Loose Canon on Google Books? Or do you mean you want to add it to your library on there? I've never used it, so don't know how it works exactly.
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby TheReview on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

Roland Deschain wrote:As clarification, I don't think I fully understand you. Do you mean that you want to put The Loose Canon on Google Books? Or do you mean you want to add it to your library on there? I've never used it, so don't know how it works exactly.

I want to add it to my library but it doesn't allow for you to add your own things that weren't purchased from their store. So, what I really want to get done is to actually put it ON GBooks, so everyone who uses it can actually read it using GBooks.

black bart wrote:why isn't there a noodle key on my keyboard!!!
TheReview
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 am

Yeah, it's not published in the same ways as most books are, so there may be no way around that. You might email google books support and just ask if they are able to do anything about open source, non-profit community published scripture. :lol: Wouldn't get your hopes up, though.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Crbreingan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 pm

I came to the forums to ask the same question as 'TheReview'

I would love to see the Loose Cannon and the Gospel available on Google books. I would be able to read them on my tablet, phone, or any device connected to the internet.

It makes a lot of sense and it puts the literature in front of more people more quickly. This can only help the church grow. I think that 'Platypus Enthusiast' and Bobby should consider uploading the two books.

The way to upload books is fairly simple. You can do it from this website:
http://support.google.com/books/partner ... &ctx=topic
Crbreingan
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore