Loose Canon 2nd Edition Deadline!!!

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Loose Canon 2nd Edition Deadline!!!

Postby juicegiver on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm

For the purpose of promoting domestic tranquility I have chose to exclude all works of the Loose Canon from the following authors. No further pursuits will be made to these authors:

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Roy Hunter
Dechojuh

Does anybody else wish to be excluded or is it just 3 people with a total of 23 pages?

juicegiver

Platypus Enthusiast 37 pages 11 works $1,804.88
Roland Deschain 25 pages 3 works $1,219.51
Alien Soda Jerk 17 pages 3 works $ 829.27
Qwertyuiopasd 14 pages 4 works $ 682.93
Solipsy 11 pages 5 works $ 536.59
DaveL 11 pages 2 works $ 536.59
Edd 10 pages 5 works $ 487.80
St. Jason 9 pages 5 works $ 439.02
Jeff 9 pages 4 works $ 439.02
Fini or Father Jerome 4 pages 1 work $ 195.12
Ichiban Bach 4 pages 1 work $ 195.12
Auntie Dee Dee 3 pages 1 work $ 146.34
David D 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Ham Nox 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
PastorDeGranoDuro 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Paul 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Snacky 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Warlord of Elephants 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Aba Sababa 1 page 1 work $ 48.78
Captain Redbeard Scurvydog 1 page 1 work $ 48.78
Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie 1 page 1 work $ 48.78
Tristan 1 page 1 work $ 48.78

Partnerships

Alpaca & Qwertyuiopasd 4 pages 1 work $ 195.12
Pious Pirate & Pedantic Pastrian Priest 4 pages 1 work $ 195.12
Platypus Enthusiast & Bobby Henderson 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Roy Hunter & Ubi Dubium 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56
Solipsy & Auntie Dee Dee 2 pages 1 work $ 97.56

Excluded works 57 pages 13 works $ 0.00
Roy Hunter 4 pages 1 works $0.00 (excluded by request)
Almighty Doer of Stuff 11 pages 5 works (excluded by request)
Dechojuh 6 pages 2 works (exluded by request)
Roy Hunter & Ubi Dubium 2 pages 1 work (excluded by request)

Total 262 pages 81 works
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:I think the board members have made themselves abundantly clear on the matter of publishing the Loose Canon.

it's clear that the active members from your list are not in favor of your project,

you must contact Bobby and acquire his written permission to do so.

There are 25 contributors. I know what 3 of them think but I'm more interested in hearing what the other 22 contributors think before I throw up my hands and quit. On the Bobby issue: I only seen one work in the Loose Canon attributed to Bobby Henderson. I'm not touching the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That book is currently being published by Villard Books. Besides, I'm not so sure Bobby Henderson is a real person. If he is, he's dead or uninterested in what is going on here.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm

juicegiver wrote:
pieces o'nine wrote:I think the board members have made themselves abundantly clear on the matter of publishing the Loose Canon.

it's clear that the active members from your list are not in favor of your project,

you must contact Bobby and acquire his written permission to do so.

There are 25 contributors. I know what 3 of them think but I'm more interested in hearing what the other 22 contributors think before I throw up my hands and quit. On the Bobby issue: I only seen one work in the Loose Canon attributed to Bobby Henderson. I'm not touching the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That book is currently being published by Villard Books. Besides, I'm not so sure Bobby Henderson is a real person. If he is, he's dead or uninterested in what is going on here.

juicegiver

Bobby Henderson is real. Google "Bobby Henderson interview". You'll find a bunch.

Also, from the FAQ on the main site:
Q: We want to use FSM designs for t-shirt, jerseys, posters…

A: It’s ok to use FSM materials for your own use and to spread the word – I’m happy to see it. There have been a number of sports team and club shirts — I can provide high quality images/vector designs for screen printing, just let me know.

That said, it’s not ok to *SELL* FSM products.

A couple reasons for this. I’m wary of the FSM being used in designs with slogans that are purposely antagonistic or otherwise harmful to the Cause. I’m thinking of a case years ago where someone was selling overtly caustic anti-religion shirts with various FSM designs and it became a problem.

I’m all for pointed criticism and humor at the expense of too-powerful religious institutions, but that is a very different thing than declaring someone is stupid for being religious. I’m strongly against simple intentional offense just for the sake of offending – I believe it makes the larger problem worse, causes everyone to entrench in their views, and gives ammunition to opponents. I have no say in the broader non-religious movements, but I don’t want FSM seen as cynical and negative. This is very important to me.

Second, unlike mainstream religions, there is no soliciting for donations or tithing here. This server was expensive to build and is expensive to run, and it’s funded by sales of shirts/books/emblems. Because of that, I am aware of the hundreds of FSM products offered that don’t support this site, and the few who I feel hurt the cause. I believe most people have good intentions, but also I don’t want to see this organization disappear.

If there’s something specific you want offered on the FSM store, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

If ever possible, I would love to do away with all merchandising – I think it hurts the purity of the Cause. It would be nice if there was a rich benefactor keeping things afloat. (Accepting applications).

http://www.venganza.org/about/
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby juicegiver on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:04 am

Will the copyright page(s) be included in the 2nd Edition of the Loose Canon? Here is a sample of what it might look like:

This book is a collection of works of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2013 by various authors (see next pages)
Copyright © 2010 by various authors (see next pages)

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without written permission from the author.

ISBN:

Captains
Copyright © 2013 by Aba Sababa

The Tale o' Pirate Lass Pici
Copyright © 2013 by Alien Soda Jerk

The Book of Ravioli
Copyright © 2013 by Alien Soda Jerk

The Revelations of Auntie Dee Dee
Copyright © 2010 by Auntie Dee Dee

The Announcement Regarding the Afterlife
Copyright © 2010 by Auntie Dee Dee & Solipsy

The Book of Piraticus
Copyright © 2010 by Bobby Henderson & Platypus Enthusiast

A Reading From the Book of Fusilli
Copyright © 2010 by David D.

First Letter From Edd to the Forum Members
Copyright © 2010 by Edd

Second Letter From Edd to the Forum Members
Copyright © 2010 by Edd

First Letter From Edd to the Slackers
Copyright © 2010 by Edd

First Letter From Edd to the Partiers
Copyright © 2010 by Edd

First Letter From Edd to the Infalliable
Copyright © 2010 by Edd

The Pastalamentations of Father Jerome
Copyright © 2010 by Fini

The Book of Thinly-Vieled Modern Practice Agreements
Copyright © 2010 by Ham Nox

The Acts of the Apastals
Copyright © 2010 by Ichiban Bach

The Book of Jeff
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff

The Correspondence of Captain Jeff the Mishunairee and the Leaders of Hillel
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff

The Letter of Captain Jeff the Mishunairee to the Googlists
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff

The Letter of Captain Jeff the Mishunairee to the Googlists
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff

The Letter of Captain Jeff the Mishunairee to the Rutgers Campus Crusade for Christ
Copyright © 2010 by Jeff

Of the Order of Saint MacAroni and teh Holy Pilgrimage
Copyright © 2013 by Paul

The Story of the FSM and the Eastern Pirates
Copyright © 2010 by Pious Pirate & Pedantic Pastrian Priest

Third Announcement Regarding Canonical Belief
Copyright © 2010 by Platypus Enthusiast

The Book of Ruthie
Copyright © 2013 by Platypus Enthusiast

The Torahtellini Part 1

The Torahtellini Part 2

The Tale of Dave and Kyodai

Darwin's Purge

The Rigatoni Veda

Song of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

An Exorcism Ritual: A Catechism of the Rutgers Pastafarians

The Epistle of Roderick the Purser to the Orthodox Crew

Final Thoughts from Olive Garden Council-members
Copyright © 2010 by Platypus Enthusiast & Qwertyuiopasd

The Book of Fearsome Pirate Pete
Copyright © 2010 by Qwertyuiopasd

Teachings of Lao Mein
Copyright © 2013 by Qwertyuiopasd

Qwertyuiopasd's Letter to the Evangelists
Copyright © 2010 by Qwertyuiopasd

The UnDoctrine of Sh!t
Copyright © 2013 by Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Linguini
Copyright © 2010 by Roland Deschain

Penne and the Art of Pasta Making
Copyright © 2013 by Roland Deschain

The Twelve Pastas of Rigatonicles -Peista
Copyright © 2013 by Roland Deschain

The Bowls of the FSM's Irration
Copyright © 2013 by Snacky

Proclamations of the Councils of Olive Garden
Copyright © 2013 by Solipsy

A Pasta's Creed as passed to Solipsy
Copyright © 2010 by Solipsy

The Book of Solipsy

Muellers 1

Muellers 2

Revelations of St. Jason
Copyright © 2010 by St. Jason

A Tale of Noodlehisattva
Copyright © 2013 by St. Jason

A Ritual For the Preparation and Consumption of Spaghetti

The Other Myth of Creation

The Letter of Tristan the Martyr to the Future Generations
Copyright © 2010 by Tristan
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:53 am

Now that I've finally gone through and read the posts on this thread, I see that the 2nd edition is back in the works! Well, I guess this means I'll have to double-time it on all of the books I need to retranslate. I foresee some loooong days a-comin'.
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby juicegiver on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:41 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Oh, and don't PM me again. Anything you have to say to me can be said in front of everyone.

I'll try my best to remember. Please don't be sore at me if I forget.

Thanks,

juicegiver

Thank you to the following members for resonding to my Private Messages:

pieces o'nine
Qwertyuiopasd
dechujoh64
DaveL
Roy Hunter
Warlord of Elephants
Platypus Enthusiast
verbtea

Communication is a very useful tool but it only works when there are two participants. Communication works so much better when cowardice and aloofness aren't involved.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Bobby Henderson is real.

So he is. According to the state of Oregon he is confirmed living and filing documents on October 26, 2012.

http://records.sos.state.or.us/webdrawer/webdrawer.dll/webdrawer/rec/2310732/view/SOS%20-%20Corporation%20-%20Business%20Entity%20Filing%20Records%20-%2055650296.PDF

Flying Spaghetti Monster, LLC. is real too. My faith in the existence of Bobby Henderson has been increased due to my faith in the State of Oregon. BOBBY HENDERSON IS ALIVE! :haha: :lurk: :haha:

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 pm

juicegiver wrote:
Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Oh, and don't PM me again. Anything you have to say to me can be said in front of everyone.

I'll try my best to remember. Please don't be sore at me if I forget.

Thanks,

juicegiver

I have a better idea. You will NOT PM anybody who asks you not to. The first time you "forget" will be the LAST time. SiN WoE.
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure."

I devoured my 'good' twin in utero

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby juicegiver on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Warlord of Elephants wrote:I have a better idea. You will NOT PM anybody who asks you not to. The first time you "forget" will be the LAST time. SiN WoE.

Why are you so energized about finding reason to eliminate me? Just use the excuse that my hair is too short, too long or maybe it's too average in length. It's obvious that you enjoy eliminating discussion. But is that truly appropriate for a "Discussion Forum"? I personally don't think it is. I think it's better to keep me around to entertain others.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

This is your final warning. Stop. Pushing. It. Now. SiN. WoE.

"Doctor Evil! I didn't spend six years in evil medical school to be called "Mister," thank you very much."
Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Juicegiver,

You may not realize it, but the way you are acting here has put a lot of people on edge. Whether you meant to or not, you've given offense to many of us here. I tell you this in the hopes that you can take a step back and see how your actions and words could be construed as pushy, overly critical, and demanding. You could have said much the same thing s in very different and infinitely more tactful ways. You could have asked questions instead of demanding answers. You could have made friends instead of making enemies.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, and I am assuming that you may not be a native English speaker, and/or you may come from a different cultural background where your behavior would not be considered impolite, and/or you are somewhat socially dysfunctional.

The reason you are on the receiving end of so many unfriendly remarks is because your words and actions have suggested to us that the only things that matter to you are your own ideas and opinions. Whether or not that is true, it is how you appear to us, as a selfish and tactless person who thinks they know better than anyone else about how to do anything.

Normally, I dislike speaking for other people, especially since I'm not the best at social interactions myself. However, in this instance I don't think you will find many who disagree with my analysis.

If you are at all serious about being a part of this forum, I suggest you stop trying to run the forum and start trying to become a part of it.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby ChowMein on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 am

Wot !? No offarrs fur me kookbook!?
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby bacon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:13 am

ChowMein wrote:Wot !? No offarrs fur me kookbook!?

I'll give you two fish sticks for it and a potatoe.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Normally, I dislike speaking for other people, especially since I'm not the best at social interactions myself. However, in this instance I don't think you will find many who disagree with my analysis.

I think you will find that most of us on this forum have a few . . . errrm . . . social issues. Of course, that doesn't make me :love: anyone less on here.

:zen: my friends :zen:

juicegiver may rub some of us the wrong way, but he has not done anything egregious that would warrant his being banned from the forum - at least not that I've seen - but then again I can be a bit of a mushhead.

Questioning authority is something that I think we all have in common. Please give him(?) a chance as we would like to have others give us a chance.
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Warlord of Elephants on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Juicegiver has been warned and spoken to by pm, more than once. The ball is in his court now. His actions will decide if he stays around or not. SiN. WoE.

Warlord of Elephants
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby The Dark Noodle on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Warlord of Elephants wrote:Juicegiver has been warned and spoken to by pm, more than once. The ball is in his court now. His actions will decide if he stays around or not. SiN. WoE.

Yes Juicegiver has rubbed some people up the wrong way, but I hope we can find a way past this as Juicegiver's submissions to the 2nd edition do seem worth of consideration. I think it was be a shame if any such discord was to lead to Juicegiver's removal from this forum.

My position on publication, Yes it would be wonderful to have it in easy to purchase hard-copy, but NO profit should be made from it. If it proves to be not possible to do it that way then it will remain as an online publication that if people want a hard copy they will have to print it themselves.
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore