Loose Canon Submissions - The New Pastament

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Loose Canon Submissions - The New Pastament

Postby juicegiver on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:25 am

I know that submissions for the 2nd Edition are already closed. That makes me sad.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Jude's Kitchen 1 also acceptably referred to as The Kitchen of Jude:

1Jude, a chef for the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and brother of James (sous chef), to them that are sanctified by His Noodliness, and preserved in His Noodly Appendages, and called:
2Noodles unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Unless you are not a breeder. Then be not multiplied. Unless you use a means other than the traditional means of insemination. Then be multiplied, at your discretion.
3Benoodled, when I took up silverware to cook unto you the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, lest my recipes go forgotten. Please see my published recipe book for that information, that ye should enter the faith which was once delivered unto the saints in a small bowl of noodles.
4For there are certain men and midgets creepy crawling, like the creepy crawling things that crawleth in Ghettisis, unnoodly men and midgets, turning from the grog of our God instead to soberness, and denying the Lord Pastaer.
5I will therefore put you in remembrance that His Noodliness really cares too little when He is drunk to smite you down. But should He sober up (Noodliness forbid), thou shalt surely be smitten!
6And the angels which kept not their first estate (they had quite a few estates, you see), He hath reserved in everlasting uncooked noodle shackles under darkness unto judgment. Though He probably will forget where He put them, and thus, they shall remain in darkness forever. And so might you.
7Even as that one place and the other place, and the cities that were relatively close to them, like, a few hours walk, giving themselves over to unnoodly things, and going after strange carbohydrates instead, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Eternal, until they all are incinerated. Then they're simply gone.
8Likewise also these filthy dreamers (thou shalt not dream?) defile the pasta, despise hearty wenches, and speak evil of pirates.
9Yet Michael the archangel, His Noodliness's favorite, when contending with the Devil, the Antipasta, drunkenly raging about the body of Moses, said not to the Devil worthless insults, but said, The Lord rebuke thee, and thee art lily livered (a most grave insult, indeed, not worthless in the least)!
10But whosoever speaks evil of those things which they know not (particularly about His Noodliness): in those things they corrupt themselves (thanks be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for otherwise His Faithful would have to corrupt them, grueling work).
11Woe unto them! 'Nuff said, His Noodliness believes.
12And much apocalyptic talk shalt thou interject here! Interject, I say!
13Raging waves of marinara, for example.
14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with one score score score and one quarter score score score of his saints,
15To execute judgment upon all. Unless He gives up to instead drink grog heartily.
16Let it be known that He does not look favorably upon complainers and whisperers. Speek thou up.
17But, benoodled, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the Faithful of our Lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster;
18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. Surely this shall hold true. Mockers finna mock the true Church.
19These be they who are Sauceless.
20But ye, benoodled, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Noodle,
21Keep yourselves in the love of His Noodliness, looking for the grog of the Lord Pastaer unto eternal life, where there is infinite grog and a factory of hearty wenches.
22And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23Cook thou well during life, that others may eat.
24Teach thou well, that others may learn.
25To His Noodliness be glory and majesty, doMinion and power, both now and ever. R'Amen.
26 *silence*
27 Now please, get out of my kitchen.
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby The Dark Noodle on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 am

juicegiver wrote:I know that submissions for the 2nd Edition are already closed. That makes me sad.

juicegiver

Watch this space....
The Dark Noodle
AKA - The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

The Book of Piraticus 12:1-3
I gave you brains, the ability to reason, and free will for a reason.
Please use them.
If I say something dumb, question it.
http://www.loose-canon.info/ - A really Important Collection of Words.
The Dark Noodle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Location: Council of The Olive Garden, The Rev. Dr. Jo Freddie

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:19 am

3 ParmaJohn 1 also referred to as Book, not Chapter, the Third of ParmaJohn

1The elder unto the wellbenoodled Midgetius, whom I love in the truth.
2Benoodled, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. And eateth thee noodles a-plenty.
3For I rejoiced greatly, with a showering of grog, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest (or swayest, drunk as thou art) in the truth.
4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. Except, perhaps, the joy of knowing that there is yet more kegs of beer to be had.
5Benoodled, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest, cookest, eatest, drinkest, whatsoever;
6And the Faithful have borne witness of thy charity:
7Because for the glory of His Noodliness they went forth, taking nothing of the unnoodled, unholy sort.
8We therefore ought to receive such Faithful into our lives, that we might be joined, as one, to seek the truth (and to seek grog).
9I wrote unto the Church: but apparently Diotrephes, the letter-reader, was too drunk to read my letter.
10Wherefore (that means why, or for such reason, not where; His Noodliness has foretold confusion), if I come, I will remember his deeds, that he cannot hold his liquor well enough to read while inebriated: and he thus does not receive the Faithful to his life, for his liquor is not well-held.
11Benoodled, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. Duh. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. Again, duh.
12Demetrius (or was it Lysander...?) remembers faces and names well.
13I had many things to write, so I had to include Demetrius, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee, for I am carving it into a tablet instead:
14But I trust I shall shortly see thee, for we and thee are short, and we shall speak face to face. Or to spice it up, perhaps back to back. Pesto be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name (or by number).

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby juicegiver on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 am

The Dark Noodle wrote:Watch this space....

I watched this space for 45 minutes tonight. Nothing happened.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

2 ParmaJohn 1 also referred to as Book, not Chapter, the Second of ParmaJohn

1 Wassup, wassup from ParmaJohn, yo! These verses be addressed to the wench (common-speak, the church) and her children (y'all noodly Pastafarians), whom I really and truly digg; and I ain't alone, oh no, er'ybody else who been touched by His Noodly Appendage loves you well and true;
2 We love you 'cause you be pimpin', gurl. You live on in us, fo' serious.
3 Grog be with you, marinara, and pasta, from God the Noodly, and from the Lord Pastaer, at lunch and at supper.
4 I felt it deep down when I heard y'all children found the way of the Noodly, as we have received His loose and flimsy standards.
5 And now, wench, let it be heard: eat some pasta already. Get some meat on those bones. This is not a new commandment. It is the same one we had the whole darn time. And while you're at it, have a beer or two.
6 Don't make me say it again. The Flying Spaghetti Monster made clear that we should eat pasta and drink grog. Y'all heard this before.
7 But some straight up fakes be walkin' round now. They refuse to give credit that His Noodliness be the real deal. I pity the fool who denies this fact. They tryna sling their mud.
8 So tread light. Sleep with one eye open or at least unpatched. Don't be trippin' on all you worked for.
9 Be true to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Whoever thinks he can tread on this turf is high as a kite. But the dude that follow the path of noodliness will be real tight with the Flying Spaghetti Monster and get the Beer Volcano and Factory of Strippers in heaven.
10 I ain't gonna tell you not to accept the fools who don't believe. I ain't gonna tell you not to be a good patron and welcome them into your home. But however much they tryna sway your belief, don't give in. Turn the other meatball and just smile back.
11 Smile and wave, wench. Smile and wave.
12 I got a lot to say, but ink costs an arm and a leg down here. I finna come visit soon. I'll hit you up then.
13 All the Faithful 'round here send their love.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Sailamon 1

1 Hails from Paul, a prisoner for piracy (how misunderstood we are), and from TimTim, our brother.
Be this addressed to: Sailamon, our dear friend.
2 Please say hello to everybody at home and to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
3 Garlic bread and pasta to you from His Noodliness our Father.
4 I keep you in my prayers and thank His Noodliness for you.
5 I thank Him because word spread about the love you have for all who have been touched by His Noodly Appendage.
6 I hope your faith helps you understand how blessed we are that His Noodliness created us all. He could have very well just left that mountain without a midget.
7 I'm quite pleased that you have shown love for the Faithful because that set quite a good example. Kudos.
8 Because of the high status in the Church that I have, I don't feel guilty in asking you to do something.
9 But considering how flimsy of standards we have, I can only ask you to do it. It's really up to you in the end. I'm getting kind of old stuffed here in this prison cell.
10 I am asking you for my son Unosimus. He became my son while I was in prison. Oh, don't be daft. No, I didn't go cruising. He is my son under the Church.
11 In the past he was useless to you. But now he has become useful for both you and me. It's funny because his name actually means useful. Get it? Ha. It's a pun. I'm really punny, guys.
12 It would be hard for me to let him go. I've become rather fond of him.
13 I would like to keep him here to help me while I am still in prison for being faithful to His Noodliness.
14 But I did not want to do anything without asking you first. A lot of power in your hands, eh? This way, whatever you do will be what you want to do, not what I forced you to do.
15 Unosimus lost his faith before, but maybe that was just so that he could get it back stronger than ever.
16 So now he can be to you not just a slave, but better than a slave, to be a dear brother. That’s what he is to me. Okay, I know I said before that he was my son. But he's my brother too. And don't you call me kinky or anything. You're the one who has him as a slave. Anynoodle...
17 If I've still got any pull in the Church, then accept Unosimus back.
18 If you hold any grudges towards him, charge them to me.
19 I, Paul, am writing this in my own handwriting: I will pay back anything Unosimus owes. And I'm not even going to bring up how all y'all owe me your lives (but just so that it's clear, you do).
20 So, my brother, as a follower of the Lord Pastaer please do this favor for me. Get it? Favor? Eh... It's another play on his name again. Whatev's.
21 I write this letter knowing that you will do what I ask, and even more than I ask. Heh. See what I did there? Guilt trip!
22 Also, please prepare a room for me. The Flying Spaghetti Monster might eventually slap down a noodly appendage to set me free.
23 And basically everybody else who is locked up in here with me for piracy sends their greetings.
24 The garlic bread of our Lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster be with you.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby juicegiver on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 am

effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

I want to read this stuff at my house.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:42 am

juicegiver wrote:effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

juicegiver

You have an overwhelmingly high opinion of yourself if you think you need to tell us that you're only going to log in from home in 18 and counting different threads.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:
juicegiver wrote:effective August 31, 2013 at 1:00am Eastern Standard time I will stop logging on to this forum from work.

juicegiver

You have an overwhelmingly high opinion of yourself if you think you need to tell us that you're only going to log in from home in 18 and counting different threads.

I must say, I agree. Wholeheartedly. I wasn't all too fond of getting 15 email notifications in quick succession about forum replies, all from Juice. :cry:

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby juicegiver on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:59 am

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:You have an overwhelmingly high opinion of yourself if you think you need to tell us that you're only going to log in from home in 18 and counting different threads.

It will all be over soon.

juicegiver
juicegiver

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:46 pm

The Book of Midas

Chapter One

1 Yo, y'all Faithful. It's Paul again. I been sent to kind of clear up some rough stuff.
2 'Cause, you know. Understanding things sometimes helps. Not always, but sometimes.
3 And sure, some of y'all don't think His Noodliness spoke to me. Maybe He did, maybe He didn't. Doubters finna doubt.
4 To Midas, 'cause I heard you needed an affirmation.
5 I left you in that place you at so you could wrap things up. And I also left you there so you could try to find some spiritual leaders to, you know, spiritualize.
6 To be a spiritualizer, or whatever you want to call them, reverend, minister, monister, WHATEVS, he really just has to want to be one. I don't think there's much else to it. Now, my Christian equivalent, the Book of Titus, says he must be faithful to his wife.
7 But dude. I don't care if he has a wife. Or a husband. Or if the spiritualizer is a woman. Female empowerment, basic beaches! Or even gender ambiguous. That's fine too. Just a passion for spiritualizing. The only prerequisite.
8 My Christian equivalent also says he must not drink too much. But is there really ever too much? Am I right? Am I right? No. I'm not, guys. While His Noodliness can never drink too much, we, His humble people, do not have the livers of a god. Know your limits, people.
9 I think one of the only things my Christian equivalent and I agree on is that he/she/it/they must not be a man/woman/person/people who will do almost anything for money. Well, unless that money is being put to a good cause. Like cancer research or feeding the hungry. That doesn't mean I give you free reigns to rob a bank. Just saying...
10 It might also be a plus if this spiritualizer at least had some modicum of belief in the faith. It would just make that person all the more convincing when preaching.
11 And here, the Book of Titus has some kind of quibble about circumcision, like, mutilating y'all chillun's man-noodles. Apparently, people who say you gots tuh do this are bad people.
12 While I don't particularly advocate doing it (there are some strong arguments I have against it, but keep it PG here – PG: Pastafarian Goodiness), I wouldn't say people who do it are awful, rotten people. And that's enough of that.
13 Uh. They tell me I should have some kind of moral here, so... Smile at somebody today? Yeah. That'll do. But not in the creepy way... Unless they're into that.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:14 pm

The Book of Midas

Chapter Two

1 These spiritualizers should not attempt to regulate every second of life. Rather, they should offer guidance and suggestions, ways of bettering one's life rather than controlling it.
2 Teach the older men and women to enjoy life's little pleasures. Teach them to adapt to the changes of time. Teach them patience with the young little rascals. And teach them to be slow to anger.
3 In teaching them these virtues, perhaps of these teachings will rub off on the younger midgets.
4 And while my biblical counterpart here will tell the slaves not to question their masters, I say to you, question authority!
5 Those in power are in power only so long as the People consent to their governance. If y'all got a problem with how y'all being led, then change it.
6 This is the way we should live because the Flying Spaghetti Monster's garlic bread has come! That garlic bread can save everyone.
7 And teach to the People what can benefit them. Give to them guidelines, based upon the time, that will allow them to live life well.
8 I say based upon time because really, practices followed only for the sake of “tradition” are often counter-intuitive to the status quo.
9 You should spiritualize like this while we are waiting for the reappearance of our great noodly God. He will come with garlic bread for the world.
10 He boiled for our sins to free us from a moderate degree of evil.
11 He boiled for us so that we may not have to boil for the sustenance of others.
12 This is what you should tell the People. Guide them properly, and when they are wrong, CHASTISE THEM GREATLY. Or just correct them politely.
13 You have full authority to do this, for the Church grants you the right. Don’t let anyone think they can ignore you. But you should also know when to give it a rest. Sometimes, it's better not to correct people for every little mistake.
14 If you feel so inclined to correct everything, though, perhaps consider doing it under your breath every now and again. I say this that you might keep at least a few friends in life.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 pm

The Book of Midas

Chapter Three

1 And right here, my biblical counterpart says to always obey authority and government leaders. I feel that chapter two already addresses this point.
2 But tell the People to live in relative peace with others (only start quarrels when necessary). They should be gentle and polite, unless you're with a bunch of friends who don't care if you're candid.
3 Be ye not so quick to judge others, lest you misjudge them like so many misjudged our piratey prophets.
4 Remember that His Noodliness created us and He saved us. He boiled for our sins not because we deserved it, but because He is sometimes merciful when He is drunk.
5 He touched us with His Noodly Appendage to noodle life into our otherwise limp bodies.
6 True story.
7 And spiritualizers, help the People to understand these things that the People might hear them and be compelled to follow a life of goodness.
8 And I tell y'all, sometimes it is better to just let people with dumb-bass arguments just wallow in their own ignorance. You can't be expected to save everybody.
9 Try to reason with them for a bit, but if they choose not to listen to the Truth, that's their problem. His Noodliness can judge them as He will. And Karma, His Noodliness's 23rd tentacle can be quite the beach.
10 Serve some pasta to everybody back home tonight, Midas. Fill them up with noodly goodness. Don't forget to have both meaty and vegetarian sauces, though.
11 Send my love. Keep it real.
12 Peace out.
13 Paul

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah