possible admendments to the beer volcano...

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

possible admendments to the beer volcano...

Postby _Tex_ on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:12 am

I have a terrible affliction, a sickness which has been a great pain throughout my life...... I am allergic to hops. I cannot drink beer.
So i was wondering if attached to the beer volcano there might be some geysers or springs or something of other liquors. maybe just the basics- a decent Vodka, a quality whiskey (i prefer a rye whiskey like Canadian Club), obviously rum for the pirates, maybe a fount of Cosmopolitans for the ladies....
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby fusiontortellini on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:39 am

As I have a similar -- but much more acute -- affliction, I have been assured by those more learned in the Faith than I, that the Holy Beer Volcano can spew forth the beverage of one's own choice. I prefer hot chocolate.

I'm actually allergic to all alcohol. Give me a milliliter, I puke for a day (every 20 minutes) and then can't eat anything but white starches for six to eight weeks. While it makes me an extremely rigorous practicing Pastafarian, on occasion, it's rather dull.

Oh, yeah, the stripper factory also does refits.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby The Frozen One on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:19 am

Would the great FSM cure all afflictions of his chosen ones in the afterlife at The Holy Beer Mountain?
The Frozen One
Conchigliette Convert

Postby _Tex_ on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:02 pm

if this is the case then why is it called the Beer Volcano? would not Beveridge Volcano be more fitting (whilst being less catchy)? is that it? the catchyness?
ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com
_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby fusiontortellini on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:03 am

Remember: The Divine Noodliness is revealed to each as the believer best appreciates. Thus, if I'd been touched rather than Bobboy, my vision of the afterlife would have included a lot more chocolate! :D :D

I'm going with a parallel with St. Theresa of Avila's visions here -- even if the god she experienced was not the True Noodliness, A vision involving seraphim driving golden lances through part of the body -- well, it's just so personal. :twisted:

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby HPunster on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:18 pm

fusiontortellini wrote:
I'm going with a parallel with St. Theresa of Avila's visions here -- even if the god she experienced was not the True Noodliness, A vision involving seraphim driving golden lances through part of the body -- well, it's just so personal. :twisted:

I missed that one in Catholic school- golden lances? Paging Dr. Freud!
"I never did give anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."
HPunster
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby fusiontortellini on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:52 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_of_Avila

Gives a summary -- they never taught me that one in Catholic school either. Had to look it up myself -- along with all the interesting Rennaisance popesl Lots of dirt shoved under that rug! :twisted:

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:28 pm

besides, what sounds more appealing?

BEER!!!!!!! volcano.

or

bev... bever... beveragee volcano.

beverage is a big word, espeically if you like beer more.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby fusiontortellini on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 pm

Especially if you've been drinking it more, obviously. :roll:

Absinthe's been making a comeback, if you want to rot your brain faster. . . . :)

fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Pterorhynchus on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:33 pm

Although the Beer Volcano can provide any beverage that one demands of it, it produces beer whenever nothing is being demanded of it. Thus has it been revealed to me by our Noodley Master. :worship: :fsm:
Pterorhynchus
Ziti Zealot

Return to Scripture and Lore