ICONS OF THE FAITH

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:07 pm

yup, thats him. he defeated the spanish armada by sending out a few ships filled with gunpowder and set on fire. the spanyaird fled like geese.

btw, may i rent the space? how much is it?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby teripie on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:19 pm

I found out that Kieth Richards will not be in the next PoC. The Long John Silver actor was Robert Newton, an Aussie. And for what it's worth, Lancaster did all his own stunts in The Crimson Pirate. (Dunno why I feel I had to share that!)
More info on Newton and his pirateness can be found here: http://www.mooncove.com/newton/lines.htm
Check out some of his great pirate lines!
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Solipsy on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Qwertyuiopasd Qwerty,

The Council was hoping to get some cash for an endorsement from a Quill manufacturer or Parchment producer. You know, something along the lines of "I recommend brand-x Quills, for all your Scribing needs!"

I suppose if you could come up with fifty bucks a day into a Paypal account, it could say "Qwerty is the Coolest FSMist Dude on the Forum Boards!" until the Council gets a better offer. I'll check into it. Have your cash ready.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby mikeyyc on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:20 pm

I would have to nominate Errol Flynn. The original movie pirate.

Also, I would be amiss if I didn't nomitate Captain Morgan. Not only is he my avatar, his delicious namesake liquid would be flowing out of a side fissure of the Beer Volcano.

Mike
AD PASTA PER ASPERA-To the Pasta through Difficulties
mikeyyc
Ziti Zealot

Arr'dd Like to second, arrrr third

Postby NoOneOfConsequence on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:33 am

Arrrr, I missed my chance to second Cary Elwes as my name-sake, the Dread Pirate Roberts. So I'll third him instead, but may he never be quartered.
Inigo: Who are you?
Dread Pirate Roberts: No one of consequence.
Mortal Blog Site
Map of FSM
Eon Galactic Inquirer
NoOneOfConsequence
Cannelloni Cannoneer

A suggestion for beatification

Postby betabox on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:24 am

I would like to place into nomination my very favorite movie midgit, Angelo Rossitto. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0744441/

His 65-year career included at least 60 movies, including Tod Browning's 'Freaks,' 'The Corpse Vanishes,' with Bela Lugosi and Tristram Coffin, 'Hellzapoppin,' and 'Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.'

He was on TV in (among other things) Gunsmoke, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Baretta, and The Rockford Files.

There were bigger names in Hollywood, but few smaller actors. Billy Barty towered over him physically, and stood in his shadow theatrically.

Humbly Submitted, :worship:

-bb
betabox
Conchigliette Convert

Postby His Colonel of Pasta on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:27 pm

I say Jean Lafitte or Blackbeard. Both are the biggest influences on the pirateering community. There is a person on these forums somehow related to the famous New Orleans pirate, Jean Lafitte.

Only will true pirates give us salvation. YARGH!
His Colonel of Pasta
Conchigliette Convert

Request for Beautification

Postby Lexi6124 on Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:27 am

I respectfully submit Michael J. Anderson as a fantastic and talented midget. Check out Carnivale on HBO (oh wait, it was cancelled). And Warwick Davis (Willow, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, etc.) Those are the two that I immediately thought of. And yes, I'm new so please take me under your fold of noodley-ness and share the love of the Monster. I promise to be an ardent devotee and to spread the Word!!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." — Douglas Adams
Lexi6124
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby yodaman23 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Ok whose with me on this.. Alan Tudyk, he played steve the pirate in dodgeball and wash on firefly, he was basically a space pirate as well as a real one.
Let you be touched by his noodly appendage.
RAmen
yodaman23
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Alpaca on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Well, while we're on this.... I might as well make my shameless plug.

See signature.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:39 am

yodaman23 wrote:Ok whose with me on this.. Alan Tudyk, he played steve the pirate in dodgeball and wash on firefly, he was basically a space pirate as well as a real one.

Oh yeah! I loved him!

I have all of the Firefly episodes on my iPod, and I knew I recognized Wash from somewhere..............

Dodgeball seems to be a dorm movie hit. I swear I have seen that movie playing at least 8 times in the Commons.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Gruppenfuhrer on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:33 pm

As well it should be shown, it is a great movie.
Gruppenfuhrer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:18 pm

Mainly because of the pirate.

Due
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Gruppenfuhrer on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:44 am

are you saying that you have a problem with library books
Gruppenfuhrer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Gruppenfuhrer on Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:42 pm

either of you?
Gruppenfuhrer
Bucatini Buccanneer

PreviousNext