Morality of Food

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Morality of Food

Postby Shoeman on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:37 pm

Is it wrong to eat spaghetti and macaroni (well not so much macaroni)? I mean, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the creator of this great world, is SPAGHETTI! Isn't that symbolic of eating the great one? Does He disaprove? Then what is the purpose of Spaghetti? Symbolism for our use in His causes?

Of course other religions have been known to symbolically consume their Saviors and gods but this isn't a religion here. Its the TRUTH we're dealing with. And the question is too hard to pass up.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Alohasoy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Eating Spaghetti (preferably with a good Chianti) is a sign of worship, not hatred, towards the FSM. If you eat Spaghetti, then you are showing that you admire and respect His Noodliness, boy showing your enjoyment of His materials.

:worship: :fsm_worried:
Sengwhyuswe Grenoleuk!
All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Alohasoy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Shoeman on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:58 pm

I was afraid of that. I don't normally eat spaghetti....

Gah I feel so distanced now. Damnit a crisis of faith a day after gaining it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Alohasoy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:01 pm

It's OK...All forms of pasta are a form of worship, as are most meals at Italian restaurants...
Sengwhyuswe Grenoleuk!
Alohasoy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Shoeman on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:03 pm

Alohasoy wrote:It's OK...All forms of pasta are a form of worship, as are most meals at Italian restaurants...

Taking a look at Genesis I think its safe to assume all forms of dough?

Italian, hmmm... PIZZA!
Shoeman
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Alohasoy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:06 pm

Shoeman wrote:Taking a look at Genesis I think its safe to assume all forms of dough?

I think all forms of dough are OK, there are a couple of board which are controversial on this point, so I'm going to refer you to Auntie Dee Dee...
I prefer to play it safe and just go with pasta. But I'm not sure if those multi-colored pastas are OK, or just the plain version with various sauces...
Again, Auntie sould have the answers.
Sengwhyuswe Grenoleuk!
Alohasoy
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Cerberus on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:10 pm

All noodles really. I like to celebrate his existance with a nice shoyu based ramen dish. Or some Gomoku. Mmmmmm.

As long as it has noodles - or in extreme cases contains dough, its a celebration of faith.

On that note, eating plain meals without noodles in pirate regalia also counts as a celebration, even saying arrghh counts towards it (if you don't have pirate regalia).
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Vindaloo

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:50 am

I had an extremely hot curry on Saturday night, with boiled rice which isn't really noodly but I was thinking about pirates at the time. Next morning I was also thinking about pirates cos me a**e was burning like a cannon in a broadside!!!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Return to Scripture and Lore