A possible contradiction in our faith

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A possible contradiction in our faith

Postby roythesnake on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:23 pm

Forgive me if this has already been posted before, but one thing has bothered me since I learned of this yesterday.

If the FSM created the world to look like it's older than it is, and messes with scientific results the would seem to refute this, then how is it that he is not messing with the figures on our Pirate/Natural Disaster chart?
This is how my family usually is, but for some reason I'm drunk.
roythesnake
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pirat on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:33 pm

Why would it matter? The chart is awesome and gives us a reason to dress and act like pirates :mrgreen: .
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.
----------------------------------------------
Som nudlar från himmelen.
Pirat
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby MusMusculus on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 pm

Well, think about what the fudies say (hard to do)... they use scientific facts and correlations as the truth if it supports their religion, but if it doesn't, then they cliam that it must be something placed by our intelligent designer.
MusMusculus
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: A possible contradiction in our faith

Postby VeryGnawty on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:04 am

roythesnake wrote:how is it that he is not messing with the figures on our Pirate/Natural Disaster chart?

There's one thing you need to know about science. Science is ALWAYS right...as long as it is promoting your own belief system.

In that way, science is a lot like morality.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix, Better Angels
VeryGnawty
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Rebellious Waffle on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:16 am

Perhaps a more simple answer is, the FSM IS messing with those figures. Which does not make them untrue, mind.

See, the FSM likes pirates, aye? And global warming is a major hot-button issue nowadays. What better way to draw our attention to His love of pirates than to manufacture a statistically significant correllation between the two?
Rebellious Waffle
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby weston on Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:57 pm

Also, when He touches us with His Noodly Appendage, He can reveal to us the true nature of reality. After that, one typically does not need a chart in order to understand that a lack of pirates causes global warming. If He, for some reason, were to adjust the measurements so that the correlation disappeared, I would still know the truth. I expect that He will never do that, though, since the chart does help to make unbelievers more receptive to His Noodly Appendage.

Weston
weston
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore