Manifistation of the FSM

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Manifistation of the FSM

Postby Aslak on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:06 pm

He has brought upon me this holiest of divine revelations:

According to science, a â€￾big bangâ€￾ created the universe, and then also our planet and solar-system. Also, the chances of the “big bangâ€￾ to create life, was very small. But it did. It’s said that the possibility of life developing from the “big bangâ€￾ is just as great as if a hurricane would build Buckingham Palace out of a junkyard. But it certainly did. And so, the possibilities of the “big bangâ€￾ creating a Flying Spaghetti Monster would be just as realistic, wouldn’t it? The “big bangâ€￾ picked up, accidentally, the things needed to create Pasta, and mixed it in during creation of what we call “lifeâ€￾. And so, during enormous explosions of cosmic forces, the “big bangâ€￾ transformed it’s almightiness into a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Aslak
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:13 pm

Check out Hyper Spaghetti Monster theory over in All Things FSM.

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1257

(mods, hope these cross-thread referrals aren't a problem. Advise if they are. Just trying to round up those likely to be interested.)

The Good Doctor
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Cerberus on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:32 pm

What?! Cross threads?! Are you mad?! you'll destroy us all Dr O. Oh lackaday lackaday.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:36 am

Don't worry, we can sort them out in the 4th dimension.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Cerberus on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:51 am

But i'm just the cross section of HSM, i can't exist in the fourth dimension in this form, or even exist as a consciousness. My brain has an ouchie.
Religious war at its very simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Cerberus
Now 3.1415926% Recycled Opinions

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:10 am

Hehe... it's the size of the higher dimensions that gives my brain an ouchie.

But here's the implicatory explanation thingie... you are still the sum of your atoms etc. It's just that they are all linked via higher-dimensional space. Your consciousness derives from the structure of your brain, which is 3-dimensional matter. So even though you are a manifestation of the HSM, you are still a separate being in the 3-D worldspace.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:01 am

uhh.. yeah, about the actual thread, i believe this thinking will be considered blasphemy by most, since it give time and age to the Flying Spaghetti monster. although this is a better view than others have said, i still believe th' FSM must exists on a higher plane than us or heaven, such as how he created both of them.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:36 am

Yeah, in regards to the OP, the more scientific, free-thinking FSM ID'ers could jump on that and argue that their Intelligent Designer designed the FSM. That's a bad situation.

I'm working myself up to post on the Big Bang on the other thread (or possibly starting an Advanced Hyper Spaghetti Monster thread when the original peters out).

Summary: Before the influence of the HSM, there was nothing in the 3D worldspace. He created the Big Bang by the exertation of huge amounts of energy on a singular point to create a breach in the 3D worldspace and allow the instantaneous manifestation of the total matter/energy of the universe. This matter, following the rules of physics, blossomed into the universe as we see it.

Much later he created and appointed a succession of minor Gods to rule over the intelligent life on Earth for a few thousand years while he was busy perfecting the Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory.

The Doctor
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Return to Scripture and Lore