the book of Fearsome Pirate Pete

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:09 pm

pirate

cleanliness

not making the connection here...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:12 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:pirate

cleanliness

not making the connection here...

Ninjas are tidy...........

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Solipsy on Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:35 pm

Regarding starting new threads:

Qwerty will happily tell you I'm a bit of a nutcase about that. I'd really like for you to use the existing HISTORIES thread, but if INSIST on having your own NINJA HISTORIES thread, I'll start one. *sigh* More theads = more places I have to go digging around for stuff I might miss, more e-mail stacked up in my in-box, whine whine whine, whaa whaa whaa, woe is me... :mrgreen: let me know if you cannot live with the idea of having to put NINJAS quietly among HISTORIES. (where they should technically, one would think, be happy to lie in wait ready to pounce...)
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:52 pm

Solipsy wrote:Regarding starting new threads:

Qwerty will happily tell you I'm a bit of a nutcase about that. I'd really like for you to use the existing HISTORIES thread, but if INSIST on having your own NINJA HISTORIES thread, I'll start one. *sigh* More theads = more places I have to go digging around for stuff I might miss, more e-mail stacked up in my in-box, whine whine whine, whaa whaa whaa, woe is me... :mrgreen: let me know if you cannot live with the idea of having to put NINJAS quietly among HISTORIES. (where they should technically, one would think, be happy to lie in wait ready to pounce...)

Sure, I will place it in Histories, if it makes your job any easier. I know that you have a lot to do.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby fusiontortellini on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:03 pm

Hey! I'm here too! Not that there's much for me to do right now. . .
I'd at least like some direction, before I start formatting the whole darn forum! :roll:

Though actually, I'm not up for much today -- after yesterday's manic episode I need a bit to recover. :wink:

I pray to FSM that these new meds stabilize soon! I feel like a freaked-out yoyo.
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:06 pm

fusiontortellini wrote:Hey! I'm here too! Not that there's much for me to do right now. . .
I'd at least like some direction, before I start formatting the whole darn forum! :roll:

Though actually, I'm not up for much today -- after yesterday's manic episode I need a bit to recover. :wink:

I pray to FSM that these new meds stabilize soon! I feel like a freaked-out yoyo.

What is this "maniac episode" of which you speak?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby fusiontortellini on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:59 pm

Actually, it's manic, not maniac. Ever hear of bipolar disorder? Used to be called manic-depression. Essentially, a person with it experiences massive mood swings from incredible activity to complete despondency. Well, I don't have that. :wink:

I have a variety of other conditions for which I take a number of prescription drugs (8 at last count.) When we change the drug mixture, I can end up in a manic state. It's rather like having just chugged a gallon of Red Bull. Makes it impossible to sleep, impossible not to move, and my mind goes every direction at once faster than the speed of light. :roll:

I tend to end up on this forum typing all night. :D
Who really might actually be back this time . . .

May the Fiori be with you. And may It have Meatballs.
fusiontortellini
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:45 pm

that happens to me, but only after fatigue

normal
tired-tired
more fatigue-kind of insane
more more fatige-comatose
more more more fatigue-get away from me now.

Hope FPP chapter will be up soon, just a little bit more writing, gotta wrap up the chapter.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:00 pm

Hmm, that kind of things don't happen to me.......
I feel so...........blessed.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:34 am

no, with the FSM as our god, you're probably damned.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:41 am

Not being a manic, bipolar, or without a malady is a curse?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:52 am

you obviously don't know the FSM very well, do you?

its okay, you'll learn soon enough.

let me put it to you this way: he has a wicked sick sense of humor.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:56 am

No, I have none of those aliments, I am just crazy.

But you probably knew that.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:38 pm

here it is, the one you've been waiting for the longest, i think.

“whar be thar marn irlan’ ‘e be comin’ frum?â€￾ Pete asked Raul. “iee….. mi no know,â€￾ Raul responded weekly, “’ow is mi supposed to know? Mi never been near ‘im!â€￾ “yar…â€￾ Pete said as he rubbed his chin in thought, “ye said ‘e cam frum thar west, righ’?â€￾ “Si.â€￾ “an’ ‘e’s not hishpanic, like’n yerself, righ’?â€￾ “Si. ‘e talked a lille like an english man, but something een ‘is... personality, gave ‘im a… different… how you say, flavorâ€￾ “arr, so lorgically, ‘e’d be frum anarther country.â€￾ Pete deduced. “si.. that is probably what eet was.â€￾ Raul said, thinking back. “Ar, so we jarst need’n te go te thar nearst countra, or corntinarnt…â€￾ Pete said, scanning the map, “Thar!â€￾ he stabbed a large, strangely shaped land mass with his cutlass, “thart islarnd.â€￾
Just then, Smid entered. “yo foo’!â€￾ Pete gave him the evil eye, “eeeyuuuh… ah mean uh... captian! de banditos stole alot uh de stuff needed t'sail fum our boat.â€￾ “WHARTâ€￾ Pete slammed his spare cutlass into the island on the map, “BLOODY HELL!â€￾ he breathed deeply, “arr… marbye we’s can farnd thar stuff in thar buildarn.â€￾ Then Ushnor and Hector came in, “sorry captian…â€￾ Ushnor said, “we looked everywhere, but all we could find that wasn’t damaged or on fire was this vat of melted cheese, and three and a half dead chickens.â€￾ “THREE AND A HALF!â€￾ Pete said, stabbing the island with his hand, clutched as if it were holding a cutlass, “ARRGH! THART HURTS! I’m runnin’ ourt oar tharngs te starb wirth!â€￾ the room was silent. “warll, arnywarn know how te gert this boat off’a thar larnd?â€￾ “we could row…â€￾ Ushnor suggested. “arg, well have to, all hands te thar garlley.â€￾
Ushnor and the rest of the pirates (not including Pete) went down to the galley and started rowing. Pete took full duty on steering the ship. After an hour, they were still in sight of land, the land behind them, so Pete prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. “o marghty flarin’ spargartti marnstar, hear me prayer, ar be needin forward momentum te reach thar Hell-hound guy.â€￾ After finishing, the boat speed up faster than Pete had ever seen it go. Within a few hours, Pete spotted land. The boat slowed down drastically, and they safely rowed into dock. Ushnor came up followed by the others. “where are we now?â€￾ Ushnor asked. “behold, thar city o’ Sydny.â€￾ Pete said, motioning to the docks. A man walked up to the ship. “it’ll be 15 shillings to tie up your boat at the dock, and I will need your name.â€￾ he said. “yar… about thart, how march would ye say thart this’n sword is warth?â€￾ Pete asked him. “oh, about 7 shillings I’d say.â€￾ “really now?â€￾ Pete held the sword up to the mans neck, “changed yer mind art all?â€￾ “ah! Oh, yes… well, in that case, I’d say its worth 15 shillings and a name, but you can have it for free.â€￾ He said nervously, “I’m feeling very generous today!â€￾ and with that the man ran off to the other end of the docks.
Pete turned to his men. “Ushnor, Smid, ye’ll be arskin around fer information on thar hell-hound guy.â€￾ They nodded, and went to the nearest pub. “you two… err, whart IS yer names?â€￾ Pete asked them. “I’m Generic Pirate #1, and this is Generic Pirate #2â€￾ said one of them. “yar… ye just star ‘ere an’ guard thar ship with Raul.â€￾ “aie aie aye capitan!â€￾ he responded. “Hector, ye come with me. Ah’ll be going te me cousins.â€￾ Pete said “why-a me, captina?â€￾ Hector asked. “yar, ye’ll see.â€￾
They walked through the city for a while, Pete leading, seeming to know the way, but not recognize the streets. Eventually they came to a building, and entered, it was an apartment building. Pete and Hector went up two flights of stairs, and went down a long hallway. Pete stopped at Apartment 3-G, and knocked on the door.
A seemingly hungover man opened the door. He was wearing pajamas with pirate ships on them, and a pirate hat that was on crooked. Hector jumped back in fear; he thought the man was a zombie. “relarx, Hector. ‘tis only me third cousin, Frightening Pirate Paul.â€￾ “yar!?!?â€￾ Paul said, “well tell ‘I'm I’m not interarsheted. ar don’t need any craszhy schplenda.â€￾ “arg… PAUL! Wake thar bloody hell up ya freakin barrel o’ grog!â€￾ “I’m shorry, nart tonight dearie, I’m too tired. Tommrow maybe.â€￾ Pete slapped Paul with his cutlass. That woke him up. “YAERG! WHART THE BLOODY HELL WAS THART FER!?!?!â€￾ Paul screamed. “fer bein’n sarch a bloody drunkard!â€￾ pete yelled, “I mean, we’re all pirates ‘ere, but mistakin yer third cousin fer a broad? Whart the hell’ve ye been drink’n?â€￾ “theesh,â€￾ Paul said holding up a vodka mixer, “ar be puttin’ in yellow tail, some burgandy, alart o’ vodka, and a wee tad o’ budwieserâ€￾ he turned his head down, “makes it taste like piss. Nart time I’m leavin’ it outâ€￾ he mumbled, “arnyway, whart are ye doin’ ‘ere cous?â€￾ “ah wars going te arsk ye thart!â€￾ Pete said loudly, “yer thar one who sent me thar urgent telegrarm!â€￾ “I did?â€￾ Paul said, blinking, “oh, yes, I did! Silly me.â€￾ “so…â€￾ Pete said, his anger growing, “why thar hell arm I HERE!?!?!?!?â€￾ “okary! okay! carlm down!â€￾ Paul said, “arh asked ye here cos arh needs sarm help with Fitch A. Skeins.â€￾ “agairn?â€￾ Pete asked. “yar, see, I owes ‘im sarm money...â€￾ Paul said, “and I’ve owed ‘im thars fer a while…â€￾ “again?â€￾ Pete asked. “yeah… arnyway, he’ll be ‘ere te kill me soon, unless arh’ve got thar money.â€￾ Paul said, “could ye harve any te spare?â€￾ “NAR! Ah’ve lost all a marn te some banditos! Ah’ve tracked em here, but still, I havn’t go no marny.â€￾ Pete yelled. “arg, arigh’ meet me in thar Ruschty Schcupper, a local pub, in two hoursch time.â€￾ He said to Pete and Hector, “I gotta find me pantsch…â€￾ he mumbled to himself.
“well-a, now-a I-a know why-a he’s called-a frightening-a pirate paul-aâ€￾ Hector said as they left the apartment and walked out to the city. “whar? Nar, nar, frighterning pirate paul, nar paulinar.â€￾ Pete corrected. “that’s-a what-a I said-a!â€￾ Hector protested. “nar… jarst, ferguet it.â€￾ Pete said. They walked down to the docks where the boat was to check on it. It was in ship-shape, seeing as it was still shaped like a ship. But apparently someone had TPed it while they were gone. The two generic pirates were cleaning up the mess. “yar, how thar hell’d thars happen with thar tar yar on thar guard?â€￾ Pete asked ferociously. “sorry cap’n, we’s was sleepin’ on duty.â€￾ Said #1 “t’won’t happen again cap’nâ€￾ said #2. “arg… bettar be, ah’ve had that ship since... since… arg, I canna remember thart well, s’bern changin’ ships so march. Lerts goâ€￾
Pete and Hector went down to the nearest pub, the salty seahorse, and asked if anyone had seen Ushnor or Smid. They were greeted with beaming faces of disgust and hate. They were promptly thrown out of the pub. They got the same reaction from three other pubs, but finally they entered, coincidentally, the Rusty Scupper and saw Ushnor and Smid talking with this blind guy in rags and two eyepatches.
“yar, whart be going on ar?â€￾ Pete asked, “ye got thar information ar whart?â€￾ “oh yeah, we got some!â€￾ Ushnor said, half drunk, “this guy here, says he used to work for the Hell Hound, only he was called something else.â€￾ “yar, and whart be thart?â€￾ Pete asked, impatiently. “’s Cerberusâ€￾ Smid replied, also partially drunk.
Suddenly, the door burst down, and a tall, dark haired and dashing Pirate entered the room. “well, what’s on the menu today mates?â€￾

howabout that, eh?

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Ushnor on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:48 am

Not bad at all! I assume a bloody fight to the death is comeing up? That's some whole-some family fun there.
Ushnor
Tortellini Third Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Scripture and Lore